Maine

Fiances and planning...

So, I have like 89 days until the wedding, crazy! The stress must be getting to me: I had a crazy dream last night that FI was marrying one of my bridesmaids, and I was HER BM. But FI broke his leg and couldn't make it to the wedding, so I had to reorganize everything and move the ceremony to the hospital, and I was running around trying to gather up all the decorations so I could decorate the hospital room! Random, huh? I remember in my dream saying to someone, "Well, I'm a bridesmaid, so I gotta do what I gotta do!"

Anyways, FI is laid back, and I've been trying to push him to take care of stuff earlier, but he's now finally realizing how little time we have left. He actually asked ME if we could go to Men's Wearhouse this weekend to pick out the tuxes. I was so impressed! I didn't even have to harass him. :)

How are your FIs doing with wedding planning?
Anniversary

Re: Fiances and planning...

• edited December 2011
    We still have a lot of time thankfully, but sometimes I get the impression that he thinks all he has to do is show up!  He's getting better when we talk about things, it's tax season so for an accountant about to graduate from college he's really stressed and isn't interested in wedding stuff at the moment.  Our e-shoot is in May and I have been trying to get him to go out with me to find him a few nice shirts... ITS LIKE PULLING TEETH!!!!! I think that FI just don't realize how much energy and time it takes to put  everything together,  hopfully yours new ambition will stick and good luck with the tuxes!
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

ahh thats exciting you are so close! I am also pretty far away from my wedding so I havent had to 'bug' my fiance about anything yet. I have been surrounding myself with wedding magizines and ideas and casually bringing ideas up to him and every once in a while he will say something about our wedding so i have hope haha

• mainemommymainemommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally read your OP wrong LOL
    Good for him for asking you to help pick! I told FI he could do what he wanted but he made sure to ask before he decided on anything Wink& tell him no procrastinating, we went last weekend & we were told we were cutting it close because of proms & graduation. We decided it would be best to get all of them there & measured at the same time so we knew it got done.
    & I had to DRAG FI & the other 7 men there. No one was impressed but if I hadnt forced them to Portland they would have never gone. Good Luck & from my experience if you're going with the Portland ones, go with the one by Target not the one in the Mall, they've got alot more space & a much better attitude over there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    fickrj: I hear ya on pulling teeth. We do all the research, so we know how long it takes to do all this stuff and how it's best to not leave it all to the last possible minute, but the guys don't realize, I don't think. With less than 3 months, mine is finally realizing there's no time left to procrastinate! The more I talk to him about stuff left to do, the more he realizes how many little details there are to iron out. It's kind of insane! Sometimes I wonder how it will all get done....thank God for moms! :)

mainemommy: Oh dear, cutting it close, really?? I made FI call them a couple months back and find out when he had to do it, and then told him April! One of the GMs is out of the country until mid-April (which is why I made FI call to see if he should get fitted before he left)! Yikes! I will definitely have to keep them on track and drag them there. Boys are so bad at being organized, at least my boy and his friends are. Good for you for getting them there and getting it done! In the end, they will all be happier than if they procrastinated it and had nothing to wear the day of!

I was planning on the one near Target, since the mall one is so tiny. Thanks!
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think their main concern was that he hadn't set up the wedding party & your oot groomsan should be ok to get in a little later, as long as your FI has all of the details set all he has to do is get measured.
  • edited December 2011
    I was just reading on the wedding budget board about a knottie and her FI who would both contact a venue or caterer by e-mail with the same exact e-mail and ask if they could work with a budget of whatever amount, and they would give the FI the better price.  Personally, I wouldn't go with a place that would do this, but then again, if my FI never contacts these places I wouldn't know if they were the type to wheel and deal anyway.  It just makes you wonder if you would save more money by having FI make the calls and set up the appt., maybe they should be or should have been doing more all along.

But the concept is kind of wierd, and I wonder why some places do that.
  • edited December 2011
    Mainemommy: I guess FI never called and talked to them, just looked on their website and it said do it two months out! Which is probably fine except during, obviously, prom season and the start of wedding season. But he called last night and we have an appt for Saturday. He'll pick out what he wants and get fitted, and one of the other GMs is already fitted, so that just leaves two more, plus our dads. Hopefully we can get them all fitted fast! And hopefully FI isn't indecisive about what he wants....

fickjr5: That is crazy! I wonder if people feel like the brides would be more emotionally invested and therefore easier to convince to spend a higher price, or not as willing to bargain if they find something they absolutely love. I haven't had FI contact many vendors himself (well, he was emailing with one photog and she stopped talking to him! haha), so I wonder how it would have changed it he had done it.

I feel like vendors in Maine would be more open and honest, but maybe I'm just too idealistic about my home state. :)
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My FI was actually pretty quick about it, only thing that tripped him up was they recommended that he be in a different color vest than the groomsmen & that the fathers be in another different color. We wanted to do it all the same but somehow they talked us into the 3 different colors, he's white, the men are our blue, & then the fathers are black lol.

• edited December 2011
    I hope my FI can be quick too! He wants to be in a different color than everyone else I think anyways, haha. I think your colors will look nice since FI will stand out, the groomsmen will all look the same and the dads can be more neutral. We'll probably do something similar, but I havent' decided yet if the dads should be in a different color than the GMs. I think FI will be in a matte silver/gray/pewter vest, or even white, and the GMs will be in green. I think it would be nice for at least my dad to be in green too, since he'll be walking me down the aisle. FI's dad will probably be green too, unless he doesn't want to be. I'm worried it's a little bright for our more traditional and older dads. I think black is a good choice.

I feel like this is really getting real!!
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that will look great! The guys at MW talked FI into black for the Dad's because they wouldnt stand out in pictures, whatever that's supposed to mean LOL. Good luck, & it really is getting real isnt it. Its kind of scary, but not in a bad way if that makes sense.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards