Not Engaged Yet

*forehead smack*

This chick on a local board is a student and has 2 years before her wedding. She wanted to know if it is possible to have a wedding for 175 for $10,000. But here's what gets me:

"I know that I want it to be a indoor affair with a grand look almost princess like if that makes sense I  Iike finner stuff and we want to fit in the Dallas Cowboys that is why my colors are Navy blue and Slilver. I only like white roses If that helps. "

This local board is seldom chatty and this gets 20+ responses. I just want to send her a dictionary. This quote isn't a great example but I knew y'all would appreciate the "princess" combined with "finner stuff" and Dallas Cowboys. I have a picture of in my head of Cinderella in a Dallas helmet with gills (fins) all over her body.

And what is she in school for - junior high??? Sigh...

Re: *forehead smack*

• edited December 2011
    LOL I thought the same sort of thing, except with cheerleaders in all the wedding pics
  • zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's because Pretty Pretty Princesses get carried away on white horses, and the next best thing for her is a Dallas Cowboy?

Also, she is an affront to the entire DC area, if that's your local board. Dangerous place to be declaring *that* affiliation.
  • BlueBoxBrideBlueBoxBride member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dude, why discourage her? 

I, for one, hope to see a Dallas Cowboy Cake with Cinderella cake topper on cakewrecks.com. 

I think it's awesome when people just let their BSC idea flag fly-- high and proud. 

(Though chances are, she'll realize that $10k doesn't go very far for 175 people... so I don't see her idea reaching it's full, awesome potential.) 
    "I liked it, so I put a ring on it" - future Mr. Box
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm with BlueBox. Sometimes it's fun to watch the crazy super implode. It's what Bridezillas episodes are made of.
  • paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Sadly Zane, I just moved to the sticks. You are right though - in DC she should be slaughtered. Plus you have to be able to spell to live there, I think.

She actually might be able to do a wedding with that budget here. It would be kind of hillbilly-esque but totally doable.
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting my RH of NY fix in a few minutes. I saw Ramona with a glass of pinot in the previews, so this is going to be good
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_forehead-smack?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f3d3b38f-e610-4474-ad5c-3c1f4e9916d3Post:b3cac139-c360-4953-8f8b-24c4d5e1ad0d">Re: *forehead smack*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sadly Zane, I just moved to the sticks. You are right though - in DC she should be slaughtered. Plus you have to be able to spell to live there, I think. She actually might be able to do a wedding with that budget here. It would be kind of hillbilly-esque but <strong>totally doable</strong>.
    Posted by paintgirl[/QUOTE]

<div>Then I hope she shares her wedding album! </div>
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I have no problems with hillbilly weddings! If that's what you want, so be it.

I think you could do a wedding with that budget in DC too, if you planned and budgeted well. It wouldn't be a pretty princess day, but it could still be a pretty nice wedding.

As for being able to spell in DC--I'm not so sure about that. The class I TA has been doing presentations the last few weeks, and the spelling on their slides has been atrocious in some cases (except for the group that clearly just copied and pasted from their article).
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh, I should show her my china, which the sales lady at BBB said is cowboys china. I might still be bitter about that. 'course I don't really know much about the finner things or princesses. I'm just wanting people to dance at my wedding. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    For some reason "I only like white roses" is pissing me off.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    LOL I was entertained.
    edited December 2011
    And frankly I think anyone who uses the word "affair" to describe their own wedding should be smacked. What the heck do you think this is - a freakin' White House State Dinner?

Goes back to the whole no-one-cares-as-much-about-your-wedding-as-you-do concept.
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whatevs, my wedding is going to be a gala event Affair! Yes, with a capital A.

Maybe that's the only color rose she likes? It can't be that's the only flower she likes, ever. I hope.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    edited December 2011
    Nah, further posts suggest that is the ONLY flower she likes. What a sad way to live...
  • edited December 2011
    If you're only going to like one flower, ever, that's a lame one to pick.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards