Connecticut

Rehearsal Dinner Locations?

Hi all,

How did you guys come up with ideas of where to hold your rehearsal dinner?  For reception locations, we were able to go on-line and find who offered what in central CT/Hartford area.  For the rehearsal dinner I haven't been able to find anything similar.  We're looking for someplace on the casual side, but we have mostly out of town guests so the rehearsal dinner will be about the same size as the wedding (~100).

Any tips on how you identified reheasal dinner locations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

best regards,

Kris

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations?

• edited December 2011
    Holy crap why is your RD so big??  Why even have the wedding then hahaa??
  • edited December 2011

My in-laws picked a restaurant with a large private room to hold our RD at. There are TONS of restaurants that offer large private rooms. Or since you have so many OOT guests then I am guessing you have booked a block of hotel rooms somewhere. What about having it there? Bargain to get a good price because of all the rooms being booked.

And HOLY big rehearsal dinner Batman!!! lol!
    Married & TTC #1 since 8/28/10 BFP #1 10/25/10 - EDD 7/5/11 -M/C 11/10/10 BFP #2 12/16/10 - EDD 8/26/11 - BORN 8/10/11 Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest having the rehearsal dinner just for your wedding party, and any other special guests you definitely want there (such as grandparents).  For your out of town guests, simply recommend several restaurants in the area, near the hotel they'll be staying at.  This way, you won't be dropping a couple thousand on your rehearsal dinner!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_rehearsal-dinner-locations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:8eabfe67-b113-462c-b2fe-aac1fc1412c6Post:e04396ba-708c-4561-88d9-79a56a0cbdbe">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would suggest having the rehearsal dinner just for your wedding party, and any other special guests you definitely want there (such as grandparents).  <strong>For your out of town guests, simply recommend several restaurants in the area, near the hotel they'll be staying at.  This way, you won't be dropping a couple thousand on your rehearsal dinner!
    </strong>Posted by er225mm[/QUOTE]

Yes what she said.  Our RD is already costing "a couple thousand" and that's only for 40 people.  You're going to be in the "several thousand" range if you plan on replicating your wedding the night before. 

RD's are typically only for people who are involved in the <strong>actual</strong> rehearsal. 
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i completely agree with the other girls....your OOT guests don't need to be at the RD.  

honestly, i think you're going to have trouble finding a venue around Hartford that's casual enough for a RD that still fits 100 people.  you're probably going to have to re-look at wedding venues for that number of people.

there are a bunch of restaurants that have large rooms, but to answer your original question, i dont know of any website or anything that would list them all.  i live in hartford, and i dont even know of any casual restaurants to fit 100 people.

suggestions of places you can try though...the Society Room, the Hartford Boat House (although then you're probably hiring a caterer too), Maneely's in manchester/south windsor, or City Steam (THEY might actually have space for 100)
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_rehearsal-dinner-locations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:8eabfe67-b113-462c-b2fe-aac1fc1412c6Post:e04396ba-708c-4561-88d9-79a56a0cbdbe">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would suggest having the rehearsal dinner just for your wedding party, and any other special guests you definitely want there (such as grandparents).  For your out of town guests, simply recommend several restaurants in the area, near the hotel they'll be staying at.  This way, you won't be dropping a couple thousand on your rehearsal dinner!
    Posted by er225mm[/QUOTE]

<div>Agree with everyone else- I've always read about inviting OOT guests to the rehearsal dinner but, in our case, that's all of FI's side and it would probably be 100 people. It's just not practical for us so we'll just do what er225 suggested.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Just for the record on this...

I invited all of our OOT guests to the rehersal.  My dad had a lot of cousins that traveled far to share our day with us and FIL had his childhood friends fly in.  I wanetd to include all of them in the rehersal dinner.  I didn't do it in advance, but if they were staying at the Marriot the night before, they got information about the rehersal dinner in their OOT bag.  FILs friends did come,  but we had a very laid back pizza and salad dinner and they were able to just make some more pies for us.  I don't see anything wrong with inviting all of the OOT people.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_rehearsal-dinner-locations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:8eabfe67-b113-462c-b2fe-aac1fc1412c6Post:90074e45-9d61-4c9d-9f8e-e4fdfdae5196">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just for the record on this... I invited all of our OOT guests to the rehersal.  My dad had a lot of cousins that traveled far to share our day with us and FIL had his childhood friends fly in.  I wanetd to include all of them in the rehersal dinner.  I didn't do it in advance, but if they were staying at the Marriot the night before, they got information about the rehersal dinner in their OOT bag.  FILs friends did come,  but we had a <strong>very laid back pizza and salad dinner</strong> and they were able to just make some more pies for us.  I don't see anything wrong with inviting all of the OOT people.
    Posted by foozzle[/QUOTE]

I could see this.  But after re-reading the OP, it sounds like they are looking to book a whole restaurant for this thing, and that seems over the top for an RD. 

I mean hey if you have the money for two BIG parties in two days, knock yourself out! 

FI's from Hartford, and he said all their proms (i.e. parties with a lot of people) had to be held outside the city at like Aquaturf.  But again, that would be like hosting another wedding. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards