March 2013 Weddings

Additional Ceremonies? (XP with June 2013 board)

Are any of you doing additional ceremonies, like the sand-, rock-/wishing well-, plant- ceremonies or blessings of the rings?

Julie
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: Additional Ceremonies? (XP with June 2013 board)

• We are doing a unity candle ceremony and a unity drink ceremony. The candle ceremony will come right before our vows and the drink ceremony will be right before we are prounced husband and wife. My fiance and I don't drink, so we are mixing Ginger Ale and Jack Daniels for my dad to drink since he is officianting the ceremony. We aren't telling the guests about it before the ceremony, so they will be surprised. Most of them will thinks it's hilarious and fits our family well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI really wants to do a Celtic knot tying ceremony. I haven't looked too much into it yet but I'm interested too! I've also thought about the wine ceremony where you nail a box shut with a bottle of wine and letters to each other and you open it at a certain point in your marriage (it varies - first fight, 5th, 10th, etc anniversaries, times like that). My friend is doing a sand ceremony with their kids (one is from a previous relationship so it's a nice way of "blending" the family together).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • CaitlynmkCaitlynmk member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    We're having a Catholic ceremony and those are long enough, so we don't want to add anything else to it. I've seen the celtic knot ceremony and I think its really sweet, but the couple that did it at the wedding we went to weren't even part Irish so we were confused as to why they chose to do that. I really like the wine idea jennipea! I recently saw that on Pinterest and I think its so cute, FI and I may do something similar on our own since we can't do that during our ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_additional-ceremonies-xp-with-june-2013-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:7bb99723-28e6-4025-a76e-52d5755e6edePost:b55b5421-91f9-4d34-85bc-01d430bf727c">Re:Additional Ceremonies? XP with June 2013 board</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing a unity candle ceremony and a unity drink ceremony. The candle ceremony will come right before our vows and the drink ceremony will be right before we are prounced husband and wife. My fiance and I don't drink, so we are mixing Ginger Ale and Jack Daniels for my dad to drink since he is officianting the ceremony. We aren't telling the guests about it before the ceremony, so they will be surprised. Most of them will thinks it's hilarious and fits our family well.
    Posted by 091109brIANna033013[/QUOTE]

That's funny, ANna! I hope your photographer gets his face at just the right moment!

Julie
  • The wine ceremony sounds like a popular addition! I brought it up to the hubs and he asked if it could be Coors instead of wine. LOL

Julie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards