Snarky Brides

Why are some of these girls so mean?!

I'm new to these boards, but have been following them for a while.  Over and over and over I read innocently posted questions, some just naive, and some of the responses are downright evil!  Why do people feel the need to post such harsh and mean things to complete strangers?  If you don't like the original question or you think something is rude/tacky/inappropriate, why respond at all?  I thought these boards were to give and get real advice?  I'm scared to post any more!  What happened to manners!  Please give me hope that there are kind and helpful brides on here!

Re: Why are some of these girls so mean?!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-are-some-of-these-girls-so-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5efe7137-1bf3-4d90-a2e6-08e828d06315Post:69733ba6-2503-4b0a-8bfb-97d8f7877c1e">Why are some of these girls so mean?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm new to these boards, but have been following them for a while.  Over and over and over I read innocently posted questions, some just naive, and some of the responses are downright evil!  <strong>Why do people feel the need to post such harsh and mean things to complete strangers?  If you don't like the original question or you think something is rude/tacky/inappropriate, why respond at all?</strong>  I thought these boards were to give and get real advice?  I'm scared to post any more!  What happened to manners!  Please give me hope that there are kind and helpful brides on here!
    Posted by jsm300[/QUOTE]

If you were doing something inappropriate/rude/tacky wouldn't you want to be told beforehand and save yourself from looking like an ass?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-are-some-of-these-girls-so-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5efe7137-1bf3-4d90-a2e6-08e828d06315Post:69733ba6-2503-4b0a-8bfb-97d8f7877c1e">Why are some of these girls so mean?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm new to these boards, but have been following them for a while.  Over and over and over I read innocently posted questions, some just naive, and some of the responses are downright evil!  Why do people feel the need to post such harsh and mean things to complete strangers?  <strong>If you don't like the original question or you think something is rude/tacky/inappropriate, why respond at all? </strong> I thought these boards were to give and get real advice?  I'm scared to post any more!  What happened to manners!  Please give me hope that there are kind and helpful brides on here!
    Posted by jsm300[/QUOTE]

I'd rather hear that something was rude/tacky/inappropriate from complete strangers than have my family and friends hate me forever because of it.
  • edited March 2012
    We're mean because we didn't get enough hugs or ice cream sundaes as children.

What happened to manners?  Lol.  If someone posts a thread asking if it's okay to demote her maid of honor because she's pregnant, that's bad manners.  If people tell that poster she's being an idiotic twat, it's because she is.

ETA - Ps, OP, it's extremely rude to ask someone to cover her tattoos.
    panther
  • I'm referring to EVERYTHING I've been reading, the registry boards have me DYING!  There are like 19 year old brides asking about cash and honeymoon registries and instead of a simple, "That's not a good idea... here's a better suggestion" people are RIPPING into these poor girls.  Mind you, these people are young enough to even pose such a silly question, so why do you feel the need to be harsh?  It's just weird!  Saying something is "tacky" is one thing, going on and on is so inappropriate!
  • I love the sassy comments.  ;)  Pure entertainment. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-are-some-of-these-girls-so-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5efe7137-1bf3-4d90-a2e6-08e828d06315Post:6dc5249b-8e62-4845-8eae-b1f3545d15b9">Re: Why are some of these girls so mean?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm referring to EVERYTHING I've been reading, the registry boards have me DYING!  There are like 19 year old brides asking about cash and honeymoon registries and instead of a simple, "That's not a good idea... here's a better suggestion" people are RIPPING into these poor girls.  Mind you, these people are young enough to even pose such a silly question, so why do you feel the need to be harsh?  It's just weird!  Saying something is "tacky" is one thing, going on and on is so inappropriate!
    Posted by jsm300[/QUOTE]

Aw, somebody call the waaaahhhhhmbulance.

And yes jcb, doughnuts make me one crazy ass heifer.
    panther
  • People are mean because it's the internet. You're an idiot if you don't realize that.
  • It always stumps me when people want to post these things on the Snarky Brides board. I just don't get their line of thinking.
  • Oh the irony... point made. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-are-some-of-these-girls-so-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5efe7137-1bf3-4d90-a2e6-08e828d06315Post:31cb169a-5d31-47ff-a35e-f5d6c2434930">Re: Why are some of these girls so mean?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love the sassy comments.  ;)  Pure entertainment. 
    Posted by jsm300[/QUOTE]

The irony in this is pretty mind-melting.
    panther
  • It's also easy to read text in a more negative manner than it is intended.  Written words often seem much more harsh than if they were spoken.  Just my two cents.  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • meg65meg65 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I definitely think it had something to do with the frequency of some of these questions. I know it pisses me off when I see the "are HM registries rude" question a thousand times, especially when there is another post about it literally two threads down. Do your research. The search bar is your friend. Obviously people get irritated when people ask the same dumbass questions over and over. Wouldn't you?
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-are-some-of-these-girls-so-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5efe7137-1bf3-4d90-a2e6-08e828d06315Post:11166e0b-0c2c-4ff6-bcf6-ea6310479465">Re: Why are some of these girls so mean?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh the irony... point made. 
    Posted by jsm300[/QUOTE]

Oh man guys.  She got us.
    panther
  • You're so right.  And I love your someecard.  Smile
  • You're kind of stupid. What thefuck is your point here?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-are-some-of-these-girls-so-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5efe7137-1bf3-4d90-a2e6-08e828d06315Post:6dc5249b-8e62-4845-8eae-b1f3545d15b9">Re: Why are some of these girls so mean?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm referring to EVERYTHING I've been reading, the registry boards have me DYING!  There are like 19 year old brides asking about cash and honeymoon registries and instead of a simple, "That's not a good idea... here's a better suggestion" people are RIPPING into these poor girls.  Mind you, these people are young enough to even pose such a silly question, so why do you feel the need to be harsh?  It's just weird!  <strong>Saying something is "tacky" is one thing, going on and on is so inappropriate!
    </strong>Posted by jsm300[/QUOTE]

I don't condone being mean just for the sake of being mean, but my guess is that most of the posts you're referring to are people just being brutally honest - <u>not mean.

</u>My guess is that the girls who post those questions have already been told by someone that it's tacky to do that kind of registry. Otherwise, why would they even have that doubt in their minds? Obviously, that statement alone is not going to be enough to convince them it's a bad idea. Some brutally honest opinions are most likely what they'd need.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-are-some-of-these-girls-so-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5efe7137-1bf3-4d90-a2e6-08e828d06315Post:69733ba6-2503-4b0a-8bfb-97d8f7877c1e">Why are some of these girls so mean?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm new to these boards, but have been following them for a while.  Over and over and over I read innocently posted questions, some just naive, and some of the responses are downright evil!  Why do people feel the need to post such harsh and mean things to complete strangers? <strong> If you don't like the original question or you think something is rude/tacky/inappropriate, why respond at all?</strong>  I thought these boards were to give and get real advice?  I'm scared to post any more!  What happened to manners!  Please give me hope that there are kind and helpful brides on here!
    Posted by jsm300[/QUOTE]<div>Because usually the question is "would this be rude/tacky/inappropriate?"  So we tell them.  Other times it is common sense to just not do stupid things, and people get all mad because that isn't what they wanted to hear.  Oops

</div>
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-are-some-of-these-girls-so-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5efe7137-1bf3-4d90-a2e6-08e828d06315Post:6dc5249b-8e62-4845-8eae-b1f3545d15b9">Re: Why are some of these girls so mean?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm referring to EVERYTHING I've been reading, the registry boards have me DYING! <strong> There are <em>like</em> 19 year old brides </strong>asking about cash and honeymoon registries and instead of a simple, "That's not a good idea... here's a better suggestion" people are RIPPING into these poor girls.  <strong>Mind you, these people are young enough to even pose such a silly question,</strong> so why do you feel the need to be harsh?  <strong>It's just weird! </strong> Saying something is "tacky" is one thing, going on and on is so inappropriate!
    Posted by jsm300[/QUOTE]

<div>Only young brides are asking these questions? I think not. That's kind of judgy of you. </div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: Esp since most of them say, "FI and I have been together a long time and living together for 10 years and have everything we need so can we just ask for money?!" </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-are-some-of-these-girls-so-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5efe7137-1bf3-4d90-a2e6-08e828d06315Post:1e7e6ecd-816d-4679-a676-578f0da17f96">Re: Why are some of these girls so mean?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why are some of these girls so mean?! : Only young brides are asking these questions? I think not. That's kind of judgy of you.  ETA: Esp since most of them say, "FI and I have been together a long time and living together for 10 years and have everything we need so can we just ask for money?!" 
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]
    This too.
  • edited March 2012
    JSM, I can only assume that you're referring to the bride who wants to ask her friend to cover her tattoos.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bm-and-her-new-tattoos-help

who was "downright evil" as you put it in that post?

If people think something is rude or tacky, NOT RESPONDING isn't the answer. Then that person won't know and proceed with doing it. BY RESPONDING, we actually care and in the tattoo case, I was trying to help OP realize a friendship trumps asking her friend/BM to alter her appearance. I don't see what's so rude/evil about that.

EDIT: And way to go gossiping about other posts on a completely different board. Is that NOT rude?! Hmmm..

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-are-some-of-these-girls-so-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5efe7137-1bf3-4d90-a2e6-08e828d06315Post:1e7e6ecd-816d-4679-a676-578f0da17f96">Re: Why are some of these girls so mean?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why are some of these girls so mean?! : Only young brides are asking these questions? I think not. That's kind of judgy of you.  ETA: Esp since most of them say, "FI and I have been together a long time and living together for 10 years and have everything we need so can we just ask for money?!" 

Geez Meg, maybe they've been living together since they were 9 years old! How dare you jump to conclusions!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-are-some-of-these-girls-so-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5efe7137-1bf3-4d90-a2e6-08e828d06315Post:69733ba6-2503-4b0a-8bfb-97d8f7877c1e">Why are some of these girls so mean?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why do people feel the need to post such harsh and mean things to complete strangers?<strong> It's fun to be a diick on the Internet, especially when people are just asking for it.</strong>
    If you don't like the original question or you think something is rude/tacky/inappropriate, why respond at all? <strong>To help you look like less of a moron in real life. You're welcome.</strong> 
    I thought these boards were to give and get real advice? <strong>No, this is magical fairy dust land.</strong> 
    Posted by jsm300[/QUOTE]
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-are-some-of-these-girls-so-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5efe7137-1bf3-4d90-a2e6-08e828d06315Post:9d5c35de-2793-4928-8923-ffc16be2d88d">Re: Why are some of these girls so mean?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why are some of these girls so mean?! : Geez Meg, maybe they've been living together since they were 9 years old! How dare you jump to conclusions!
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

<div>Are you saying that I'm ignorant? That's a gross overreaction.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-are-some-of-these-girls-so-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5efe7137-1bf3-4d90-a2e6-08e828d06315Post:9b3d5ba9-7300-4693-b36d-06806505b062">Re: Why are some of these girls so mean?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why are some of these girls so mean?! : Are you saying that I'm ignorant? That's a gross overreaction.

Never! <3
  • Omg Hitler?  Ew.
    panther
  • edited March 2012
    Well, maybe the rest of you are trying to give constructive advice, but I'm just a real biitch.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Cue the Full House music... I think OP just set everyone straight on being a nice person on the internet.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-are-some-of-these-girls-so-mean?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5efe7137-1bf3-4d90-a2e6-08e828d06315Post:4e2340e2-5cd7-4879-a2eb-9002908954b9">Re: Why are some of these girls so mean?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why are some of these girls so mean?! : Only Hitler is gross Meg come on. 
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

<div>Excuse me, but I don't understand what you are going for here...?</div><div>
    </div><div>Just kidding. I shouldn't be so snarky though. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • So this is what I missed while I was stuffing my face during lunch?  I'm in a post-lunch coma therefore too tired to think of anything witty at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards