April 2013 Weddings

Ok, weight loss/ getting in shape starting point 12/31/2012

Ok - I guess this can be our first "check in"

I need to lose about 15 pounds.  Today, I am going to eat like tomorrow is a new year!  I am hosting a small NYE party, so there will be lots of party food and alcohol!  I am excited to start eating healthier and start incorporating excersize this week.

If any of you girls want to check in on a Monday and I have not made a thread yet, please feel free to do so, I do not get on as much as I would like to.  It all depends on how busy work is for me that day.  :)  I may be late to the game, but plan on checking in every Monday.

I am not so good at starting threads, so please help me out!  If you ladies have ideas, like a healthy recipe thread or a thread where we let each other know our meal plans for the week or day, let's start them up!  It's almost here - We are almost married!

Happy New Year, may 2013 be the year all of our dreams come true!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
RSVP Deadline: February 28th

Re: Ok, weight loss/ getting in shape starting point 12/31/2012

• edited December 2012
    This will be such a nice way to check in weekly! Hopefully I'll remember to come onto the knot each Monday. I don't even own a scale, so I won't be concentrating on the numbers, but more how I feel and look. I'm a size 4/6, so I'm fine with that, but I want to tone up. Exercise is a major down fall for me, so I'm really hoping to get into a routine after the new year. I'll definitely be eating like crazy today too! After the new year I hope to cut down on fast food and maybe only get it 3 to 4 times a month. I also want to snack healthier.

Anniversary
  • Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2012
    Awesome thread, a few of you know that I am on weight watchers. I am sooo close to my goal weight (like 2 lbs!!!) I started weight watchers at a size 10 and now am a size 6! I have lost 20lbs! I have also trained for and ran two 5ks including warrior dash which is with obstacles. Starting tomorrow I would like to get back on track with my running! With the holidays I have pretty much maintaining my current weight, which I am happy about, but I would really like to get these last 2lbs off!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I want to lose 10 lbs as well! That will get me back to my normal weight that I was before I moved in with FI and gained those living with the guy pounds. I'll be happy with 10lbs lost for the wedding, then after- I'll work on the rest of it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yep, mine are living with the guy pounds too!  I had a great body, gained about 10 after living with him, have lost it a few times since, but they always creep back on.  Now I have 15 to lose!  I also used to hike before I moved in with him, so I am hoping some exersize will help keep the weight off this time.  We are going to try to have a baby right after the wedding as well, so I would like to be in the best shape possible to start on that journey.  We can do this!!

Christine, great job!!  How do you like WW?  Is it easy? How fast did you lose the weight?  How many pounds/week would you say you lost?  How does it work?  Do you go to meetings or just sign up online?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
  • adawn- I LOVE WW! I thought it was going to be hard, but its not. Ive tried diets before (jenny craig etc) never worked. I love WW because it allows you to eat what you want just with in reason. Based on your weight and height you are allowed a certain amount of points per day. But you are given 49 extra for the week, and can earn activity points. They do not like to call it a diet more like a lifestyle change, and I agree. I never feel deprived, I am just more aware of what I am eating.

i started in June. I go to the meetings. I go to the one in my town for convenience, but have been to one that is about 10 minutes away and love the leader much more. I may be making a change. The meetings hold you accountable, are really motivating and give you tips and tricks. The average weight loss is between 1-2lbs per week. There were some weeks where I have 3-4lbs off. I never had any major set bets during my time with weight watchers. I either maintained my weight a week here and there or gained like 1lb.

Let me know if you have more questions!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I was just at the doc a few days ago and wanted to punch the scale.  I'm probably the biggest one on the board at a size 26 so I have WAY more to lose than just 10lbs!  At this point, I don't care about pounds as much as I care about inches.  I can't zip the back of my dress up the last half inch so I need to get some serious work done in order to avoid the corset-back, whcih I don't like at all. 

We've been slowly getting rid of the last of the junk food and while I've already started eating healthier, FI and dd are in for a HUGE surprise come tomorrow because I'm switching everyone over to healthy eating whether they like it or not.  FI and I could both stand to lose a few pounds before the wedding, and dd needs to expand her palette beyond chicken nuggets.  I will probably have a harder time dealing with them complaining than I will with sticking to the plan.  But that isn't going to stop me because whenever I want to cheat, I just imagine having to put a corset back in my dress and that does the trick!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • ChiGirl, I am in the same boat!  I bought my dress in March, and it fit, but it would fit better if I lost 5 pounds.  I thought that would motivate me....  Now I need to lose the weight I have gained just to zip the top and then lose the 5 to make it just a little bit less tight.  I kind of wish I went with a bigger size.  I had ZERO clue that the size on the label of a wedding dress is not the size on a real dress.  I thought I had simply gained a few pounds, but that was my size, so I was getting that one.  Plus, my sales girl told me that was the right size for me so it didn't slip down all night.  Are you not supposed to breathe on your wedding day?  I wish DB had a return policy so I could just get one size up, but I do not think they do.  Plus it's been almost a year since I bought it, they probably would not exchange it now.  FI and his kids eat like crap.  They hate anything healthy and live on pop tarts, taco bell, pizza, chicken nuggets etc.  FI wants to lose 20 pounds for the wedding, so he will be jumping on board with me (halfway).. he will just "eat better" and not diet.  Don't you hate how guys lose faster/easier than we do?  I am giving up these new unhealthy habits that I have gained while living with him.  Back to eating healthy at least 90% of the time.  I am most sad about giving up the 3x weekly wine habit that I love so much.. empty calories and then I eat more after I have a buzz.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm checking in too.  Last November I had a goal of losing 25, and I've lost about 15 ( I was down 20 before thanksgiving) and went down a size.  My dress is already big on me, but I'd like to lose another 5-8 by valentines day for my fitting.  It's close enough to my inital goal and I think it's doable, but I have to get my butt moving again.  

I've been going to spinning and trx classes and that has really made a difference when I was going regularly, but the holidays set me back and I've been sick for the last few days, so I'm hoping by wednesday, I'll be able to jump back in full force. Also need to get back on the diet train. Extra christmas cookies have been hanging around the house which have been extremely hard to avoid. 

Good luck everyone!

Follow Me on Pinterest

• hahaha guy pounds are the worst. why do they get to eat whatever they want and we have to eat like birds not fair

i am so in!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love this thread! I did 3 miles this morning as my jump off for the new year and hired a trainer. I need to lose 15-20lbs also. I use myfitnesspal as well and want to dedicate myself to looking god. clovester, I got the same shoes for my dress! My first fitting is March 5th, so I hope to be down at least the 15lbs I need to be for it to fit! Good luck to all!
  • ChiGirl2013ChiGirl2013 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    We're actually pretty lucky.  For a 5 year old, she eats pretty well - broccoli, green beans, brown rice, lima beans, just about any type of starch.  I just can't get her to eat "real" meat (or beans to make up the protein.)  All she wants is chicken nuggets - which she'll happily eat with garlic parmesan brown rice and asparagus.  I just can't get her away from the blasted chicken nuggets!  It's maddening!

FI HAS to have some sort of chocolate after dinner every day, even if it's just a couple of Hershey kisses. I told him he needs to keep that garbage in his desk at work and learn to eat it after lunch instead.  NO MORE JUNK FOOD in this house until the end of April!

I had FI bring up the stationary bike pedals I got when I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis.  They had been buried in the basement because I was able to walk outside but now it's too cold and I need them.  With the RA, just about any exercise is painful, but I guess it has to hurt if I want to be beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • realistically I'd like to loose 20 lbs. but with my first dress fitting in 42 says I'm assuming for a short term goal of 10. We already eat pretty healthy foods for meals. my food down fall is sweets and snacks. so I'll be 're evaluating that part if my life. I also need to start exercising. I've had good luck with Jillian Michaels 30days shread so I plan on doing that, just git to go get it back from fmil
  • I'm in too! I had lost 180 pounds before...... But 60 has creeped back one I was fine with 3o but then came life with the man and 30 more found there way one because I went from10 hours of cardio a week to 3 :( I would like to lose 20 before the wedding April 6..... And I started a 6 week biggest loser at work!
  • Had my first slim-fast shake this morning. Those things are DISGUSTING. However, I'm just hoping to kind of jump start myself for 2 weeks - a month and then just stick to a plan of healthy eating and cutting out sweets. I think FI is terrified that we'll be going through our final stages of wedding planning and he won't be able to just feed me chocolate to make me happy!
  • I lost 8 with the intention of losing 25, and the scale has been stuck for the last three months. I have 17 to go and my dress fitting on Feb 5th. I don't think 17 lbs is a realistic goal, but 7-10 should be manageable by then. Snowboarding season just started and I work all day on Saturdays teaching, which means TONS of exercise. I lost 10 lbs last winter without changing my diet (in fact, I probably drank way more beer and ate way more junk food than normal).

We also bought the Kinect system for the xbox, which should arrive tomorrow (FI didn't like the way the headphones I got him felt, so this was the backup gift). I can't wait for some serious gaming excercise this winter!
  • ChiGirl - have you tried any water exercises? They're okay with my RA.

I've cleared fence, cooked healthier meals, and the horses are at home now. Lots of trudging about in the snow.
  • Von, definitely go for the "granola bars" rather than the shakes.  They really ARE disgusting, but the bars aren't too horrid.  Or you can always put the shake in the blender with a banana or something to give it a bit of flavor.

I haven't tried any water aerobics since I was diagnosed with RA.  I did do some when I had a herniated disc in my back, and I was the youngest there by a good 50 years.  lol  But that was years ago.  Can't afford a gym at this point, and the only water aerobics near me is either early in the AM or the middle of the afternoon - conveniently, both are scheduled during pick up or drop off times for my daughter's school.  :-(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't normally go to classes, but do water aerobics, water yoga, or swim laps on my own.

Once I'm fit then it's not as painful to run or do other exercise. I can't ever ride a bike, though. My knees just don't let me.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_ok-weight-loss-getting-in-shape-starting-point-12312012?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:0b42c87c-c67e-4f5c-997b-55ac8579ae7aPost:d3b72caf-f4de-4236-86e4-0ac7d72ecbc4">Re: Ok, weight loss/ getting in shape starting point 12/31/2012</a>:
    [QUOTE]Von, definitely go for the "granola bars" rather than the shakes.  They really ARE disgusting, but the bars aren't too horrid.  Or you can always put the shake in the blender with a banana or something to give it a bit of flavor
    Posted by ChiGirl2013[/QUOTE]

Oo- I'll have to look for those! It would also be nice to have something to chew - it seems silly but it's really bugging me to not have any chewing going on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards