Missouri-St Louis

Hair and Makeup problem!

Ok so I have about 4 weeks until my wedding and I still have YET to find someone to do my hair and make up. This has been a process for me and I'm the type of person who hardly ever wears make up and just brushes her hair, then runs out the door. Does anyone know of any good people for this in the St. Louis area. I'm getting married at Tower Grove Park and my wedding is at 11 in the morning so whoever does it will be early in the morning. Thanks for your help.

Re: Hair and Makeup problem!

• If you don't have a particular salon in mind, I have used Ginger Bay Salon and Spa in Kirkwood many times for cuts/colors and twice for special occaision styles for other's weddings and really loved them.   They are on Lindbergh over past the Magic House so that might not be too far for you. They also have a makeup bar and could take care of your hair and make up all at the same time.  Its an Aveda salon, if that means anything to you. I was considering using them, but I would rather have a hair stylist + MUA come to me the morning of my wedding and am looking still to book for that. Good luck!
  • SaraRose1124SaraRose1124 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I'm the same way.  I never wear makeup and my hair is usually in a ponytail under a baseball cap.  I used Natalie Reed from Hair Perceptions and Design.  She was amazing and I didn't book her until 4 weeks before my wedding.  For my hair and makeup both, she charged $85 ( I have super thick, long hair so it might be cheaper if your hair is thinner and shorter).  I also did a hair trial for $30.  She will do hair and makeup in a location of your choosing for an additional $10 I believe.  I got so many compliments on my hair and makeup so I highly recommend her!  Her number is 314-223-1398
  • I'm getting mine done at Salon St. Louis, right across the street from TGP.
  • I have been going Illusions Color Spa in South County for years and years.  Just did my hair trial on Saturday and it was amazing.  All of the girls there are excellent and they do make up.
  • when I got married in Sept (on a tight budget!) a friend suggested:
    https://www.facebook.com/Marisol38?ref=ts

Marisol is amazing and I have been going to her ever since...$100 including the trial & she came to me.
    BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • In Response to Re: Hair and Makeup problem!:
    comment by cbvcru67

I completely vouch for Ginger Bay. My sister got her hair and makeup done by them for her wedding and she was gorgous. I feel they played up her beauty in a flattering way while letting her look natural. 

• skumarskumar member
    First Comment
    Hi! I totally understand your concern about make-up and hair prices. Especially in this day it can be very tough forking out so much money for beauty. Thats why I started my own make-up artistry business. I specialize in hair, make-up, and bridal assistance, and getting the bride totally ready for her special day! I do make-up because I love making the bride feel special and beautiful on the most special day of her life. You can visit my FB page and website.www.facebook.com/snsmakeup  and www.snsmakeup.com.Here are some of my prices
    Make-up - 60$ (this includes lashes)Hair and make-up - 80$ (this includes hair, make-up, and veil placement)Bridesmaids - 35$
    I recommend a bride getting a consultaion with an artist at least 2-3 months before the wedding so I can help her get her skin in top condition before the wedding, because when you have flawless skin, the makeup looks so much better.
    Thanks, SNS Makeup Artistry 314-488-8999

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards