Not Engaged Yet

WWYD? (NWR)

Copied and pasted from Hetshup's thread:

A friend of mine broke up with a girl (who was a rebound from his first FI) in Sept. 2009, was listed as "In a relationship" on FB in Nov. 2009, and then was listed as "engaged" on Dec. 12, 2009.  Within a week of the status change, he announced he was going to be a daddy.  MAJOR side eye from me and all our other friends.  I haven't told his ex-FI yet.  I'm not sure if I'm the one who should break it to her or not.

Addendum:  He didn't announce it on Facebook, he sent us text messages.  So there's a chance his ex-FI doesn't know.  She's one of my bridesmaids and I'm her MOH for her May wedding, so we're really close.  I just don't know if it's my place to tell her or should I just let her find out through the grapevine?  WWYD?

Apparently the poll function isn't working today.  Sadness.  Just leave your responses I guess.  TIA!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Married Bio
Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
BabyFruit Ticker
Pregnancy Blog

Re: WWYD? (NWR)

• hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eh, if she's getting married anyways she won't care. I might mention it to her so that she won't wonder why you "didn't tell her", but no need to make a big deal. If I were her, I would be thrilled to not be knocked up. No offense to anyone who wants kids, but frankly, they terrify me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I dunno, you could mention it casually.... but if she's getting married I find it hard to think she'll be crushed or anything.

I wouldn't be like "OMG you need to sit down for this" or anything. Just casual. Keep it cool, yo. Cool
    Anniversary
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wwyd-nwr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:dddc6381-629b-436f-991c-9eed9572accfPost:6613b4a8-c0b5-45f4-858a-eee00960d7a7">Re: WWYD? (NWR)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Keep it cool, yo.
    Posted by jeanacorina[/QUOTE]

Word to your mother.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • pinkpinotpinkpinot member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wwyd-nwr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:dddc6381-629b-436f-991c-9eed9572accfPost:445fc023-5f8d-4243-993c-0e2c8bb6396f">Re: WWYD? (NWR)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WWYD? (NWR) : Word to your mother.
    Posted by hetshup[/QUOTE]

Homie don't play that.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wwyd-nwr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:dddc6381-629b-436f-991c-9eed9572accfPost:71e5ff83-b580-424c-a606-10bcea0712bb">Re: WWYD? (NWR)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eh, if she's getting married anyways she won't care. I might mention it to her so that she won't wonder why you "didn't tell her", but no need to make a big deal. Posted by hetshup[/QUOTE]

That's kind of how I feel about it.  I don't think she'll be crushed, but I can see her being a bit upset.  Mostly because this same guy got her pregnant three different times and each time they decided to have an abortion (which, along with other problems, lead to their split), but now he's gotten a 20 year old pregnant (he's almost 28) less than 2 years after breaking up with her (they split in May 2008) and decided he wants to keep the child and settle down.   

I don't know.  It would kinda p!ss me off a bit, but maybe that's just me.  She is getting married herself, to a guy she started dating shortly after she broke up with her ex-FI, so maybe it won't bother her.  I would never make a big deal out of it, I just don't want her to be all "Did you hear that ex-FI got some girl pregnant and that's why he's marrying her?" 5 months from now and have to say "well, actually, I knew back in December."  You know?

BTW, I swear I could not make this up if I tried.  He also has a daughter by his HS girlfriend that said GF never told him about until the child was over a year old, so he's already paying child support for that kid.  AND the 20-year-old is like "well, I have an appointment in Jan. to see how far along I am and when I'll be due."  WTF?  Seriously, they were dating for all of 3 weeks when she found out she was pregnant, so unless they have been screwing around a lot longer than that (and monogamously at that), there's a good chance it's not even my friend's kid, but he's going to claim it and take care of it anyway.  Kinda makes me mad as his friend, but whatever.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Wow that man might have to be sterilized.  I would tell her the next time you talk to her but like others said don't make a big deal of it.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    I would make a big joke out of it.  "You won't believe what I heard." kind of thing.  That is how my best friend and I are when it comes to stuff like this.  Bring up the news, make fun of what an idiot he is and how lucky she is to be marrying a great guy. 
  • edited December 2011
    wow. this guy must have some super-swimmers or something! dang!

Surprised

he could have MINIMUM of 5 children right now!!! [if it hadnt been for the abortions] i would say something, discreetly of course. i wouldnt make a huge deal about it, but rather somehow figure out how to mention it in passing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards