Getting in Shape

FLAT STOMACH

HOW TO TONE AND FLATTEN MY STOMACH

Re: FLAT STOMACH

• WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT US??

You can't spot reduce fat.  The order that your body will get rid of fat is mostly based on genetics.

That being said, it's generally agreed upon that abs are made in the kitchen.  No amount of crunches (which are pretty useless, functionally) will give you a 6 pack if you're still eating crap.

Some people have seen great results in decreasing belly fat by eating a "clean" diet.  Cutting out all processed foods and focusing on plenty of fresh veggies, some fruits and good quality lean protein is key. 
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Raynes is wise..
    and funny :)

I can definitely see a difference in my stomach since I cut down on the amount of processed foods I eat.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_flat-stomach?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:4ee6249f-0982-4546-b851-28edf65fc9a1Post:3fa82868-cf4d-4cb8-9f0a-d2e33c0d7404">Re: FLAT STOMACH</a>:
    [QUOTE]That being said, it's generally agreed upon that abs are made in the kitchen.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]
    Before I even read this, I was going to say this exact phrase so I agree with this statement 100%!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_flat-stomach?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:4ee6249f-0982-4546-b851-28edf65fc9a1Post:35c68b84-876e-485f-b742-0001c12e4840">Re: FLAT STOMACH</a>:
    [QUOTE]Raynes is wise.. and funny :)
    Posted by staceytaylor0704[/QUOTE]

Ditto this. Raynes, you generally make me smile with almost everything you post. :)

In addition to eating clean, cardio is your friend. It's the only way to get your muscles to show. That being said, you need to have muscles if you want to show them off! See any of Raynes' posts about "lifting heavy" and you should be off to a great start.
  • Ahh I've been thinking the same.. Flat Abs like Britney Spears had in her videos back in the day like Slave and ALL that seriously how do you get this body

http://www.hotreport.net/userimages/user3148_1166300702.jpg

I swear my genetics WILL allow me to look like that, if I actually work out a lot which I don't lol

I feel like I am so close yet so far away.. I am no where near britney in that picture.. its perfect.. I think she has to be eating just lots of raw veggies and chicken and maybe some low fat yogurt.. but mostly the cardio too.. probably 2 hours a day
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Britney Spears would have personal trainers and chefs and dance for hours a day.  Normal people (unless they're genetically blessed) can't get like that and maintain a normal life, a job, a relationship (apparently she can't either!).  So, don't compare yourself to her!  She goes up and down when she goes through her crazy spells too.  I can only assume she drops the diet and workout routine when she's busy shaving her head and harassing her staff!

I agree with raynes about the clean diet.  And I think that coming at your diet with the attitude that you want to eat good things is better than saying I'm not going to eat bad things.  Concentrate on putting good things into your body and the rest should take care of yourself.   So, instead of saying, I'm not going to have that cookie, say, I'm going to have some almonds and a tasty apple.  

There's a book I'm interested in reading called Sweet Poison about how bad sugar is for us.  Has anyone read it?
  • I agree that your diet is important, you may want to watch how much alcohol you consume as well.  But when it comes to flat abs, you have to work for it.  The best diet in the world won't get you there.  Strengthen your core by doing a variety of ab exercises. Don't just do crunches, do full sit-ups, planks, jack knives etc.  Pilates is also excellent for core work since every moves work  your core.  I reccomend you hit abs 5 days a week.  When I'm on my workout game, thats what I do.  My diet is good and sometimes not so good, but no matter how my weight fluctuates my stomach stays flat.  When I fall off from my workout routine it may get soft and less defined, but I hit that core work really hard and in a week or two I start seeing results. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used to have a flat stomach.  Pre-pregnancy of course.

And all it took was cardio.  I was in track in high school, and did long distance running so all it took for me was the running.  I didn't do a lot of core work but it does help if you want that defined look. 
  • I agree with the cardio.  It's the best way to go.  i am a member of LA Fitness, and there is a boot camp class that I do every Monday night.  Best thing I ever did.  It helps everything, but simple things like leg lifts, leg pumps are great for helping.  The cardio is what will tone the fat down.  You can't just lift, you have to do the cardio to shave the fat off, so to speak. 

Good luck!  Don't get discouraged!  Keep working hard! :)
  • I just started working on eating better and doing sit ups (not crunches) this week.  I have always struggled with having a flat stomach.  My weakness is fighting temptations, such as craving sweets and burning off the carbs.  I run about 6-8 miles a week and need to do more.  It's so hard to get started, however I pray I will soon remember how great it felt to weigh less and be more toned and confident with myself.  

Any work out tips would be wonderful!!!  Please respond!!!  :)

Happy Fall everyone!  :)
  • I plan on trying Hip Hop Abs video.. It's a video that doesn't have you doing exercises on the floor.. it's all dancing and standing ab moves
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards