Snarky Brides

I judge - house edition

What do you judge when you go to a person's house? (Yes I have a motive for this thread lol)

Re: I judge - house edition

• When the people under the stairs scream too loudly, I judge.

• stupid crap is unfinished that just seems like no big deal to fix up...I can't think of any good examples...
  • Jas, do you judge the screamers or the people that own them?
  • Dirty dishes. I'm not talking about a few well rinsed plates that haven't been put in the dishwasher yet, or a stray glass here and there. I'm talking about that half empty glass of red wine that's been on your coffee table every time I've been over in the last month. That actually happened. Or if I can smell your dishes. I know washing dishes is a PITA, but seriously, even handwashing an entire sinkful (both sides) doesn't take more than 20 minutes.

Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • People who leave stuff everywhere, like dishes, books, flyers, etc. It only takes a few minutes to put stuff somewhere, not in piles all over the table, the living room, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • The people that own them. There is such a thing as a ball gag.
  • If the bathroom is dirty or they don't have soap. Who seriously doesn't have hand soap in their BATHROOM? This was mostly a college issue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_judge-house-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f25cdab-01a2-41a2-8a3a-c45064210468Post:799900ab-1dba-44dc-a821-bfe8b3a72877">Re: I judge - house edition</a>:
    [QUOTE]When the people under the stairs scream too loudly, I judge.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

Note to self, gag people under stairs.
  • Also, dog or cat pee smell. I have four dogs, so I'm not judgy about how many animals you have, believe me, I get it. I get judgy when you either don't train your animals properly, don't clean out their litter often enough, and then don't clean up after them properly. I have two chihuahuas that I cannot for the life of me break of peeing on the rug. So the rug gets vacuumed at least twice a week and steam cleaned once a month.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_judge-house-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f25cdab-01a2-41a2-8a3a-c45064210468Post:68a057b2-b0c5-43e2-8d30-b646d161607b">Re: I judge - house edition</a>:
    [QUOTE]The people that own them. There is such a thing as a ball gag.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

LOVE.

I judge a lot of clutter - like the kind where you'd say "geez, how long did it take to get like this?"  And ditto the dirty dishes/old food in pots on the stove.
  • When their house smells like their pet, or their litter. Often the people who live there are so used to it that they don't notice, but I do.

I don't judge too much else. I don't have much room to talk about anything else. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Their books, particularly if they don't have any. 

• People who don't clean their litter boxes.

People who don't cut their grass.

People who paint their exteriors really tacky colors.

Too much junk in the front yard.
  • ::remembers to gag my trolls before inviting jas over::

Toys scattered about like shrapnel in a war zone.

Goofy flea market/Cracker Barrel giftstore "art" with stupid stuff on it like "Back door guests are best," "Around here the cats are in charge," "Live Laugh Love", or Chinese characters that supposedly say stuff when really I think they say "we eat babies."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_judge-house-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f25cdab-01a2-41a2-8a3a-c45064210468Post:18de3f41-61a6-4b79-ae7a-a0a335e109bf">Re: I judge - house edition</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, dog or cat pee smell. I have four dogs, so I'm not judgy about how many animals you have, believe me, I get it. I get judgy when you either don't train your animals properly, don't clean out their litter often enough, and then don't clean up after them properly. I have two chihuahuas that I cannot for the life of me break of peeing on the rug. So the rug gets vacuumed at least twice a week and steam cleaned once a month.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

I was going to say this but LC took the words out of my mouth.  It's entirely possible to own pets and NOT have your house smelling like shiit.  Figure it out.

Overall cleanliness is important.  I'm not the neatest person in the world but I've been to places where just sitting on the couch doesn't... feel... right. 

My aunt has early hoarding tendencies, I believe.  Which drives me crazy because whenever we are out to visit, she's always hounding us to go hang out with her at their house, stay the night, etc.  Their house is gross and there are two rooms you can't even go in because they are crammed full of stuff.  They live in a three bedroom apartment with their five year old son, and are down two bedrooms because they are used to just throw shiit. 

Where does the little boy sleep since his bedroom is full of crap?  With his parents.  UGH!
    panther
  • Ditto the no soap in the bathroom...that's just gross.

Also, I judge people that have a beautifully landscaped yard, but the inside is filthy.  If you only have time for one, clean your freaking house, don't live in filth.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh I judge a lot. 

-Not having tissues
    -Messy
    -Dirty bathrooms
    -smells like your pets
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_judge-house-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f25cdab-01a2-41a2-8a3a-c45064210468Post:b065bb72-1f2d-44a6-b14c-4b1db07f6b11">Re: I judge - house edition</a>:
    [QUOTE]If the bathroom is dirty or they don't have soap. Who seriously doesn't have hand soap in their BATHROOM? This was mostly a college issue.
    Posted by COkristi[/QUOTE]

Yes.  The worst is when you are over at someone's place for dinner and you get up to use the bathroom and you have that epiphany moment where you think "um, if they don't keep handsoap, did they wash their hands before they prepared what they fed me?!"

::shudders::
  • Jas. I really love you.
  • If the cars and motorcycles and boats in your driveway cost more than your house, I judge your priorities. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_judge-house-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f25cdab-01a2-41a2-8a3a-c45064210468Post:fe2ec6cb-3657-4dd1-9bba-6aa46d334ff9">Re: I judge - house edition</a>:
    [QUOTE]::remembers to gag my trolls before inviting jas over:: Toys scattered about like shrapnel in a war zone. Goofy flea market/Cracker Barrel giftstore "art" with stupid stuff on it like "<strong>Back door guests are best</strong>," "Around here the cats are in charge," "Live Laugh Love", or Chinese characters that supposedly say stuff when really I think they say "we eat babies."
    Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]

Heh heh.  "Back door guests."
  • I take serious pride in our house (and our old apt) not smelling like animals. I also vacuum every other day to make sure that happens.

My big thing is trash bins being empty, especially if you are inviting people over (verses having people drop in). Take the 5 minutes and empty them, no one wants to see your bathroom trash while they pee.

But Heels, I love my cheesy magnets, are they ok? I have one that has a picture of a big black cat that says "I'm not fat I'm fluffy" and another that says "I understand the concept of cooking and cleaning, just not how they apply to me."

• Sigh- I shouldnt talk because lately my house is a disaster... but when people come over- its perfect. I refuse to allow people over if there is anything messy.

but on my list:

- walking in and smelling pets. I agree with you guys- its possible to have a clean smelling home with pets. We have two very furry cats but you'd never know it walking in. We always keep things clean.

- dirty bathroom- come on- disgusting!

- clutter

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_judge-house-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f25cdab-01a2-41a2-8a3a-c45064210468Post:cddef826-31fb-48ad-9944-830a4cc64179">Re: I judge - house edition</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jas. I really love you.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

I actually hate frames or anything with words. Like a big frame that says "Family." No shiit? You don't just have pictures of random strangers?
    Or teh "Live.Laugh. Love." ones. Don't tell me what to do picture frame.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_judge-house-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f25cdab-01a2-41a2-8a3a-c45064210468Post:60c69ded-71fa-4c51-8f75-2854f65a4a45">Re: I judge - house edition</a>:
    [QUOTE]People who leave stuff everywhere, like dishes, books, flyers, etc. It only takes a few minutes to put stuff somewhere, not in piles all over the table, the living room, etc.
    Posted by kimmieniesink[/QUOTE]

This. I.e. my FFIL.

People who can't clean up after their pets. Like if I walk into your house and am overwhelmed by the smell of the litter box every time. I understand letting it go an extra day or two occassionally, but not if you expect to have people over and not ALL the time.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_judge-house-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f25cdab-01a2-41a2-8a3a-c45064210468Post:405b9f16-a993-4afc-9637-81f6463191b1">Re: I judge - house edition</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge - house edition : Yes.  The worst is when you are over at someone's place for dinner and you get up to use the bathroom and you have that epiphany moment where you think "um, if they don't keep handsoap, did they wash their hands before they prepared what they fed me?!" ::shudders::
    Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Gross gross gross.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ummm, you guys are never coming to my house. 

In my defense, we're renovating.  It's really hard to get it up to dust and vacuum and that when we're constantly sanding drywall.

That, and I know I'm a slob.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nah, magnets are cool.  Especially those.
  • My future sister in law has a small white dog and she SHEDS everywhere.  Ben and I went to babysit her son a few nights ago and I didn't feel like I could sit on anything without getting the damn dog hair all over myself.

Frick!
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_judge-house-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f25cdab-01a2-41a2-8a3a-c45064210468Post:15c0edc8-f655-4410-bb0e-abb66fca0088">Re: I judge - house edition</a>:
    [QUOTE]My future sister in law has a small white dog and she SHEDS everywhere.  Ben and I went to babysit her son a few nights ago and I didn't feel like I could sit on anything without getting the damn dog hair all over myself. Frick!
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Oh I HATE this.  My aunt's house is like this and we always stay with her when we're in town.  I have to wash everything after I leave.  Either don't let your pets on the couch or use a darn lint roller before I come over. 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards