Massachusetts-Boston

downtown hotel room block

Anybody have suggestions on a hotel block downtown. I keep getting quotes of over $250 and would like something more affordable for guests.

thanks

Re: downtown hotel room block

• Kit483Kit483 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My room block is at the Lenox and its $149...however, I'm getting married in January.
  • JulieJ11JulieJ11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think my Park Plaza block is 219...but it really depends on the weekend you're getting married. The woman I spoke to said that I didn't get a huge discount because there is a conference at the same time as my wedding weekend. Hang in there!
  • edited December 2011
    I got $239 at the Millennium Bostonian but we're having our wedding there too. I did a lot of research because I had the same concerns about affordability for guests (99% of our guests are OOT). It's just really expensive in the downtown area.

We ended up doing one block and then suggesting two other hotels that were cheaper so that there was something for different budgets. On our website, we suggested guests look at tripadvisor.com and orbitz.com to find what worked for them.

I stressed a lot about hotels and was really disappointed when we only ended up with 20 rooms in our block (That's only 1/3 of our wedding guests). Those who want convenience will stay in your block no matter what the price and the others will do their own research to find a hotel in their budget.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • dparisidparisi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

We had 10 rooms blocked at 5 hotels this July.  They also gave us the story that there was a big convention in town so they would not discount.
    The room rates were.
    $169 - Park Plaza
    209 - Intercontinental
    189 - Langham
    229 - Marriot Long Wharf
    and $189 - Lenox.
    Hope this helps.
  • Moneypenny424Moneypenny424 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

We were married in Sept., so ours were $250 at the Lenox and $199 at the Radisson in the theater district.

• jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Hotelplanner.com to get quotes.  We got married June 12, and blocked rooms at the Copley Square Hotel for $229/night, but also got quotes for the Lenox ($209/night), and Park Plaza ($189/night).  We did a 2nd hotel (besides the Copley Square) that was cheaper, T accessible, but a little further out (the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Cambridge, a few blocks from the Lechmere T stop, $119/night).  We had about 50:50 of our guests stay at each hotel.  Our wedding weekend the Sox were in town, it was the Dragonboat Festival, and the 10 year anniversary of Pride Week, so there was a lot going on.  GL!
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • Kit483Kit483 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Something I forgot to mention - check the hotel's website for web specials. They originally told me $189, and then I found a special on their website for that weekend at the Lenox for $149 - so they agreed to adjust the contract.
  • edited December 2011
    For our wedding in June, the Doubletree Guest Suites quoted us $179, but that's for having our wedding there. We're having our reception at the Renaissance Waterfront, and our block is $189.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards