• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2011 Weddings

Rent a Dress

Is it weird to rent a dress? I am buying my own dress, and I will not use it after the wedding. There will be tons of pictures and someday when i have kids if i have girls I will want them to get their own dress, I feel like I will get more options if I rent. Does anyone know of anybody that has done that, any regrets, ideas? People i have talked to say they hardly ever remember the brides dress it was white and pretty but the bridesmaids they remember. CRAZY but is the idea to far fetched?

Re: Rent a Dress

• There are websites that rent wedding gowns...so it's not completely unheard of but honestly, I find that a bit odd.  It will have to be altered probably and what if it's nasty?  Also, what if your future daughter did want to use your dress, etc.?  I'd just purchase a gown.
  • I don't think it's that much different than buying a used dress.

I hope that my daughter will either want to wear my dress or have me design her own.
  • I have a friend that rented her dress and she was happy with it,I will be buying my dress, I don't think I'd feel comfortable renting it but that's just me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I personally am going to buy my dress, but I don't think it's all that strange to rent one.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    2 Hearts, 4 Wagging Tails and a Baby
    TTC #1 since 3/09 - DX Hypothyroid, PCOS, MFI
    M/C 8/10
    Injections/IUI #2 = BFP!! Emmett, born 12/7/11
    TTC #2 - CP 9/12, M/C 1/13
    Injections/IUI - April 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards