Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Wedit?

Wondering if anyone has used this company or knows anyone that has used it...... Think I may do it as there is no money for a videographer and its short money that even if not great quality not out a ton.

Thoughts, opionions, horror stories???

Re: Wedit?

• I have a friend who used it but don't know the outcome yet. I'm considering it. Did you look at the prices on the website? Its way cheaper than a real videographer, but still 500 is a lot for potentially bad quality (Aka people forgetting to use them or being shaky). I really can't decide.
  • We used it for our September 1st wedding.  It took 2 weeks to get our initial footage back.  We are now in the process of figuring out what we want to keep and edit together for the final product.

I think it is a great service, but there are definitely some things you should consider:
    - Make sure you charge the cameras each night, or even once throughout the day for heavy usage.  We had a weekend's worth of wedding activities and by the actual night of the wedding the batteries kept dying.

- We had an outdoor, evening wedding.  Once the sun went down, the footage was very hard to see.  Keep lighting in mind.

- Look for promo codes online if you decide to do it.  The original cost is $500 but we paid $350 with a coupon.  Some people find ones for even less.

- I am still waiting for clarification from the company, but I believe the initial cost ($500, or $350 if you have a coupon) is ONLY for the usage of the cameras and to have them upload the footage for you to start viewing.  If you want them to edit together a highlight reel (1 min) or a full length video, there is an additional $250 or $350 charge, depending on the package.

- MOST IMPORTANTLY: you must understand that the people you are asking to film your wedding are first and foremost your GUESTS.  We missed out on a lot of footage (our vows!, speeches, our first dance) because all 5 people got so caught up in the moment, they forgot they had a job to do.  Or, if they did remember, they didn't start recording until half way through the speeches, first dance, etc.

If you decide to do this, explain to your 5 people until your blue in the face that they MUST be dedicated to filming.

For me personally, I am not that thrilled with the footage due to the dying batteries, no lighting and family/friends who forgot to capture the important moments.  Plus, if we do have to spend an additional $350 to get our video, I do not think a total cost of $700 is worth it.

I hope this was helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards