Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Happy Hump Day

Hey ladies!
  I'm running late this morning, so I'll just say a quick hello.  It's career day here at school so it's going to be a busy day, not to mention I have 3 IEP's scheduled for the day.  Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Happy Hump Day

• edited December 2011
    Morning everyone. We got to our vball match last night only to find out it was postponed...would have been nice if the referee could have called before 710 for a 730 game. I did have a nice dinner earlier than anticipated with an old friend from Erie.  DH comes home from Baltimore tonight, we're going to sleep in and be lazy and take our time getting to Cleveland tomorrow.  It'll be like a mini Saturday during the week :-D.

Heather - GL wiith IEPS (and the parents of the children getting the IEP!)
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!

I had a fun girls night with my two best friends from college! My one friend just got engaged and we wanted to hear ALL about it! The proposal was just perfect - in Paris on a hill overlooking the Eiffel Tower - sigh... :) Anyway, we made dips, apps, and sangria and had a blast!

Not much going on today - FI just got a new job so we were going to go to KOP tonight after I work to get him a new suit and some new dress shirts and ties. I love shopping! I don't even care who it's for! We also made dinner reservations at Legal Seafood for a 'celebration' dinner :)

Heather - Career day sounds like SO much fun!! and GL with the IEP's! :-/
    Bri - Yay for lazy days in the middle of the week!! Glad FI is coming home tonight! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Woo! Last day of work for me this week!  I'm hoping to finish a lot of wedding things tomorrow and Friday. 

Last night I spent almost 3 hours trying to get my printer to work from my laptop, SO frustrating.  I channelled my inner "Geek Squad" and finally got it to work!

Heather-Hopefully your day goes well, good luck with your IEPs!
    Bri-Enjoy your day off tomorrow! 
    GMC-I especially love shopping for/with DF, its always more fun to spend someone else's money. Tongue out Plus, I do love when he gets all dressed up in suit!

Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Good Morning all,

I just scheduled an unnecessary meeting at 2:00, so I have to go downtown at 2, then I would be "working from home" but I believe I am going to meet a few friends for some early drinks! I heart Congressional recess time!

Heather- Hope the day passes quickly and your IEPs go smoothly.
    Bri- Sorry about your volleyball game, but happy to hear you had a fun dinner!
    GMC- Your girls night sounds great. My FI Mom is from Spain, she has an awesome recipe for sangria, let me know if you would like it for your next GTG. Also, have fun shopping!

RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • edited December 2011
    oops! Duq- Have a great week/weekend!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JL - I would LOVE the recipe! I'm beyond obsessed with sangria!! Thanks so much!!!!! :)
    Enjoy your early drinks!! I love 'working from home' :)

Meg - GL on getting your WR things done in the next couple days! And YAY for today being your Friday!!
  • edited December 2011
    JL-Would you share with me too?!  I love sangria!  Enjoy "working from home"!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011

Good Morning, and Happy Hump Day! This morning was cool, but sunny- I'm wearing my sandals to show off my polished toes while others are still wearing boots. Yay for 70 today! Smile

H- GL with school today!

Bri- Enjoy your mini vacation!

G- Congrats to your FI on the job! I know whatever DH gets will most likely not require a suit, but I secretly wish it would. I know he doesn't love getting dressed up, but there's just something about a man in a suit...so sexy!

Meg- I'm jealous, one more wake-up still for me. Enjoy your days off!

Oh, and K, if you are around...I'm going to wait to post about Biggest Loser for a day or two so you can watch it. Smile

• edited December 2011
    I was sooo slow in typing my post, I missed some good stuff. Me three for the drink recipe, please! I studied abroad in Spain, and had the best sangria there. No place here in the states has compared...

Enjoy your early drinks!
  • edited December 2011

gmc-sounds like an amazing proposal for your friend!  That's awesome!  So jealous you are going to KOP-one of my all time favorite shopping places!

bri-glad DH comes home tonight!
    Megan-lucky you last day for the week!  Good luck on WR projects-can't wait to hear what you get done!
    JL- I LOVE sangria!  Have fun with your friends!
    Kim-I'm loving the weather as well today!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning chicas!  Had Zumba last night then went to the symphony with FI- they were doing Russian masters, and I LOVE Rachmaninoff.  This is my last day of work too!  Flying home to PIttsburgh tonight, WOOHOO!  Tomorrow is my makeup trial and my food/cake tasting.  Can't wait!

H, good luck with IEPs and yay for your invite ticker :)
    Bri, travel safely and enjoy the time off.
    G, I'm right there with you on the shopping, haha.  That is a very romantic proposal!
    M, enjoy your days off too!  Nice work with the printer.
    JL, I'm headed to check off that recipe too.  YUM.  Do FI's parents live in Spain?
    K, yay for warm weather and a pedicure, I'm jealous!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Enjoy your time in Pgh, LaFemme! Make sure you take pics of your makeup trial!
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kim - I COMPLETELY hear you on the suit comment :) I LOVE a man in a suit!! I'm SO excited to have him try on EVERYTHING tonight :) Also, I wanted to say that I usually don't get to see biggest loser until the day or two after as well! I DVR it b/c I'm usually in class Tuesday nights! That's why I've never chimed in on you Biggest Loser posts but I ABSOLUTELY love the show!! :)

LaFemme - the symphony sounds amazing!! I wish my FI liked things like that... And YAY for going home!! Have a safe trip and have fun w/ your makeup trial and cake/food tasting tomorrow! How exciting?!?
  • edited December 2011
    LaFemme- You always do such fun things in the evening! Do you ever just sit at home and watch tv? :)
    FI's parents live in Camp Hill, PA (outside of Harrisburg) his parents met in Germany when his Dad was in the service and his Mom was working as a housekeeper. They moved to the US shortly after. All of her family is still in Seville. We try to go out every year and can never really afford it. :(
    Good luck with your trial and tasting! I can't wait to hear about it.

Kim- Yay for 70 degree weather! I am wearing open toe shoes too!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Morning! My parents flew down yesterday and I'm excited they're here, but they wake up way too early - I didn't even need my alarm clock this morning. I'm drinking a big coffee right now. Going to try and leave work a little early today but then I'm off until Tuesday, woohoo!

Kim, I'm not sure when I'm going to get to watch Biggest Loser, I'm hoping maybe tonight but who knows!

DH has to wear suits sometimes for work, but at his last job during the hockey season he had to wear one on every game day, which could be a couple of times a week. I loved "suit day" Laughing

Vacation

• phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ JL-that's so neat your FMIL is from Sevilla! I studied there for the semester when in college and loved it. I traveled a lot throughout Spain but that was def. my favorite spot.

@Kim-where in Spain did you study?

@LaFemme-safe travels and happy trials! I also love Rachmaninoff. Last year I took FI to a PSO concert for his birthday and the program was all Rachmaninoff. Great composer.

@Gianna-guys look great all dressed up (even if they don't always like it!)

Yes, sangria is deliciosa!
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all, I'll be sure to take pictures!  I'm a little nervous, I hope it goes well :)

JL- to be honest, not very often ;)  We keep busy!

Julie, do you play piano?  I feel like pianists always like Rachmaninoff the most, haha.

Vacation
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and K, have fun with your parents and enjoy the time off work!

Vacation
    edited December 2011
    Jen-Yes, I actually am a pianist (prob. horrible now with grad school and wedding planning having taken over my life)! That is tooo funny though!!

Maui, November 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, LaFemme!

phillychica- I studied in Barcelona. Definitely not your typical city for a study abroad student, but I loved it. I even got to take a class on Catalan language and culture. I sadly never made it to Sevilla (farthest south I went was Madrid), but I hope to go back someday. I want to see southern Spain, and go to Galicia since my great-grandfather was from there.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Julie, so funny :)  I'm exactly the same way- used to play every day, now I've fallen way behind.

JL, very cool about Spain.  I've always wanted to go there!  Do you and your FI speak Spanish?

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Not really... he can kind of speak it, but when he was younger his Mom was learning English, so that didn't help. His extended family doesn't speak a lick of English, I communicate with a lot of "Me gusta"s. We both can sorta speak but we get easily embarrassed when it is awful.

His Mom still speaks broken English. Next week my Mom is meeting his parents (we successfully avoided this for 4 1/2 years.) I'm afraid my Mom won't be able to understand his Mom.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • missyt180missyt180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning everyone!  :)

Just like in real life, I'm always late to the party since I'm 3 hours behind most of you!

Excited that its Wed - will have a (hopefully) short quiet day tomorrow, and then nice loooong 4 day weekend!  Nothing exciting planned, and FI will probably have to work, but I'll probably spend time with my puppy and go window shopping.  The great thing about LA is that its SUPER dog friendly, and he can come into almost any store with me.

Yum, Sangria sounds good right now!  My friend has a great white sangria recipe, I'll see if I can dig it up.  I love both varieties, but the red sometimes makes me sleepy.
    edited December 2011
    Kim-I was only in Barcelona for a couple of days but loved it! It's such a fun and vibrant city. That's really cool you got to take a class on Catalan language & culture. Have you ever seen the movie L'auberge espagnole? There's a funny scene in it which touches on the Catalan language...I also didn't make it to Galicia but it's def a region I want to hit up sometime in the future.

Maui, November 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Hmm, the name of that movie sounds familiar, but I've never seen it. I'll have to check it out...I enjoy foreign films, but DH isn't really into them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards