November 2011 Weddings

Ever Been So Happy....

...that you can't stop crying? It's such a euphoria!

Two years ago we found out that my Uncle Jim has Leukemia. Today we found out that his brother, Don, is a match for being a stem cell transplant donor for him (they used to do bone marrow transplants, but now they just use stem cells taken from blood instead... a lot less invasive, and with a higher success rate). It's been one of the best days of my life. I am absolutely convinced now that my uncle will beat this, and I'm so happy that our family is so close! God is truly good. It is such a relief to know that when/if the day arrives that he needs that transplant (they are making great strides in finding other cures each and every day) they'll be a match! If all goes well with the transplant, my uncle will be cancer free; completely.

Coincidence? Today marks the 9-year anniversary of the passing of another of my uncles?

Ironic? It's pouring rain at my house and all I can imagine is that my family in Heaven is as happy as we are on Earth.

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.

Re: Ever Been So Happy....

• That's wonderful news! How exciting! Thoughts and prayers for you and your family that this will work and he will kick cancer's a$s! :)
  • edited April 2012
    Thank you Liz!

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • Wow what an incredible story! I hope everything works out and your uncle has a strong and healthy future!
    Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards