Christian Weddings

Update on cousin and myself

As for myself, my mom and I got into it last night really bad about the past and she decided I hate her and she's a failure and that FI's mom has taken her place.  I've never said any of those things, FI's mom and I just get along a lot better.  It was horrible.

As for my cousin, the guy pleaded not guilty and said it was consentual.  They got a warrant to search his truck but I haven't heard anything yet.  My cousin is about 5' 6" and 185 pounds maybe - a lot of muscle and we just found out the guy is 6' 2" to 6' 3" and weighs 270 pounds or around and is almost all muscle - she didn't have a chance.  Because he told them it was consentual, the detective is asking a lot more questions and saying there are holes in my cousin's story.  The detective is suppose to get in contact with me today sometime to take pictures of text messages she sent me when she first started telling me.  They told her JAG is going to be really tough, wear her down, and try to twist her up to make sure she's telling the truth.  I told her to stand up for herself and don't get exasperated, and am going to tell her that if she starts to get down and is to the point she just wants to say she doesn't care, to tell them to hold on a minute and to breathe.  It's looking like it's going to be a long trial.  :(  We're still praying the truth comes out and for her to be at peace.

Thanks for all your prayers girls!! 

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Re: Update on cousin and myself

• edited December 2011
    wow, b2b, i am soooo sorry this is happening and all to uncomfortably close to your big day!

i will continue to pray for justice and peace for your cousin and YOU. 

i am deeply sorry that you and your mom got into a fight. :(
  • edited December 2011
    It'll blow over and she'll pretend nothing happened - I'm not too worried.  Thankfully God is keeping me at peace.  :)

• edited December 2011
    ohh...i am soo glad to hear that. 

and it IS okay to have a good relationship with FMIL. i do! my FMIL calls me her daughter and i call her "mom". I do not have a good relationship with my mother (well i dont have a relationship with her at all...i havn't spoken to her since Novemeber). I am blessed to have my FMIL! 

God will work all this out! He has a way of turning everything around for good. 

This is a song by my church's band 'Jesus Culture'. I just felt like you should listen to it. The chorus says "You stay the same through the ages. your love never changes. there may be pain in the night but joy comes in the morning. and when the oceans rage, i dont have to be afraid...because iknow that you love me. You love never fails!" The bridge says "you make all things work together for my good."

• GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just saw your story now.  This is really awful, and it makes me really angry, especially to see this guy trying to get away with lies.  He just strikes me as being a really horrible guy, and I hope justice is brought on!  And I"m sorry this event is making you think about your own past as well.  How awful.
  • edited December 2011
    I will keep praying! I am glad that you are at peace, though. You have the right attitude. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the prayer and insurance ladies!!

@lilies - I bookmarked it and will listen to it later!! 

@ash - Only through God!!  :)

• mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry about your fight with your mom. Even if she'll act like it never happened, I'm sure it'll suck.

I'll keep praying for the trial. Good for you for giving your cousin advice and standing behind her!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011

It's ok - she's always done that so I've learned to let it go.  :)

Thank you!!  I'm trying to help as much as I can.  Thanks for your prayer!! . 

• edited December 2011
    Can you ladies also pray she sleeps and sleeps well and peacefully, please?  She just told me she hasn't slept very well, if at all, and has only had one 3 hour nap and that was today.  I'm thankful for the nap she got to take, but I'd really love her to sleep at night.  TIA!!

• edited December 2011
    Beth, my mom and I have pretty much the same fight over anything involving FI's mom.  It's like she's jealous or something.  She usually gets over it pretty quickly, but it sucks in the moment.  So I know what you mean.

I will continue to pray for you and your cousin.  And as far as the sleep goes, while I have never been in her situation, I have dealt with terrible insomnia in the past.  There is nothing more frustrating than being too tired to sleep, which is where your body eventually ends up with insomnia.  I will definitely pray for some peaceful rest.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't respond to this yesterday because I honestly didn't know what to say. I have never been even close to having a situation like this happen to me or anyone I know so all I can do is pray that this passes and your cousin is able to move on with her life normally. I can't imagine the pain she must be feeling - in addition to you, my dear. I am sorry this happens to people, its just unthinkable.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your prayers ladies - I appreciate it!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards