New York-Hudson Valley

Glen Island Bride!

Hi, are there any other Glen Island Brides out there? I am getting married there in August 2012 and I am looking for help with hair/makeup and other areas of the wedding. Thanks!

Re: Glen Island Bride!

• My sister in law was married there in the fall. Everything was perfect and top notch, great choice! She had hair and makeup come to her. It was extremely convenient Makeup: Christine from color makeup colormakeupstudio.com Hair: Melanie from first cut -I think
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Congrats on booking Glen Island. It's a beautiful venue.

I'm using Anne DeMarco for makeup (she's amazing and will travel to you).

I know Glen Island requires that you use one of their two recommended florists. Unless you have $10,000 to spend on flowers, do not even bother looking at Diana Gould. Although her work is beautiful, her prices are ridiculous. We went there with a $7,000 budget for flowers (which I felt was more than reasonable) and when we received our proposal, our quote was for $11,000. It was a complete waste of our time. Arcadia does beautiful work & they really do work with you re.: budget. Check them out before you waste your time with the other one.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When did/are you getting married?
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_glen-island-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:3b90df5e-aab1-4e19-b4f8-a265d6e5fe4bPost:b7178277-b0fd-477a-80ee-fafb15e6b119">Re: Glen Island Bride!</a>:
    [QUOTE]When did/are you getting married?
    Posted by pink451star[/QUOTE]

<div>Our wedding is September 2012 but we're not getting married at Glen Island (however, we looked there & loved it... we decided to have our reception in Bergen County, NJ (closer to my parent's house)) but our Church is in Westchester & a lot of our vendors are from Westchester too. If you need any suggestions, feel free to PM me.</div>
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got married at Glen Island a couple of years ago (back on the board to research something for my friend's wedding).  They were absolutely fantastic - friends and family are still talking about how great that place was...food, service, everything.  You will love it!

I used Sissi Chan for makeup and hair (google her name and her site comes up).  She's out of NYC, but will come to you...she did my hair and makeup at the hotel, along with my mom, MIL, and MOH.  We all looked beautiful.  She's a bit pricey, but I felt it was worth it.

As for flowers, we used Diana Gould and I agree with the PP that they will give you an estimate way out of your price range, BUT, if you go back to them they will work with you to refine to meet your needs.  We had absolutely gorgeous flowers for our ceremony and reception (both were at Glen Island) and we came in at $6500, fairly close to the estimate we received from Acadia.

GL!
  • I am getting married at Glen Island on January 20, 2013!  A while from now, but planning is well underway.  Have you had any luck with music?  That's what I am looking into now.

Diana Gould, while lovely was way too pricey.  We went back twice to cut costs (again, they were lovely), but it was just too expensive.  Arcadia was a third of the price and I actually liked their ideas better.  Also, since I'm getting married in January, they threw a few things for free that DG would have charged us for.  So that's a nice perk!

Would love share as we both plan!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards