South Carolina

NEED DRESS HELP!!!!

I live in Greenville, SC and I'm getting married august of 2011 up at Table Rock and wanna get married in blue not white or ivory.  I'm pale skinned blue eyed and brownish reddish hair I can't pull off white.  Problem is every dress I find is either white with blue accents or white or red.  I don't wanna settle for a bridesmaids dress or a prom dress when I've found a bridal gown I love the style of:

http://www.marysbridal.com/bridal/3y953.htm

But all the stores I've called and dresses I've looked at online say it can't be done I'd have to settle.  Why do I have to settle?  It's my wedding day shouldn't I get what I want?  If it wasn't for the fact that I can't stand ball gown plus they're way to over the top for the wedding style we're doing I'd get a Quincenera dress cause they seem to be every color but white.  What do I do? Anyone know where to go?  HELP!

Re: NEED DRESS HELP!!!!

• acg1acg1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gowns can come in other colors than white. Many gowns come in ivory (also called off-white or candlelight). Sounds like you have been to discount stores or Davids. I went to Bella Vista Bridal in Columbia and they had gowns from light ivory to champagne. They carry couture gowns, so be prepared to pay a little more. A friend of my sister had a budget of $1500 and found a great gown. www.bellavistabridal.com is their website to show you who they are.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    problem is i can't pull off white, ivory, or champange.  plus i have a $500 budget!  that's why I want to be married in BLUE which is my best color plus it's my second marriage so traditionally I shouldn't wear white.  which works out cause i NEVER wanted to be married in any shade of white.
  • edited December 2011

I'd say have someone make the dress. Show them the picture(which is gorgeous btw...and close to mine :D  ) and pick a fabric, with them, that would work for that style.  The only other thing I would suggest is Quincenera dresses. Maybe your seamstress can alter the dress to fit your style more???  Good Luck.

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    thx I may try that i was debating that with the Quincenera dresses I just can't find one with a long enough waist to balance out my short torso with my long legs....though that may be a alteration easy fix idk the most sewing I do is if I get a hole in a shirt and hemming my sisters pants (shes a 00 but she's so short right now the pants are like 4 to 5 inches too long...lol the wonders of being a preteen)
  • kcoles13kcoles13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you ever visit Columbia, SC Juanita's located on Main Street is a great seamstress and can make you a custom gown as long as she makes it for $500 or more. 
  • edited December 2011
    if you don't mind not trying the dress on first then order it online. there are SO MANY places in china that make replica dresses for CHEAP. like $3K dresses for $250. just good custom wedding dresses or something like that and you will find them. maybe you can customize it so it will be in blue? otherwise try etsy but I doubt you will find someone to make that dress for that cheap...

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards