Kentucky-Louisville

Honey Moon Destinations!

I also need help with our honey moon destination.  We are getting married 12-1-12 so we have quite awhile to plan but I still need to narrow down some options! 
Since we are having a winter wedding, we aren't sure if we should go some where tropical out of the u.s.a. or wait several months until Spring & go to somewhere in the states.
I know it's our wedding & we can do what ever we want but is it okay to wait several months after we get married to take a trip?

Re: Honey Moon Destinations!

• edited December 2011
    I don't see an issue with it. I knew a couple that married in October but didn't take thier honeymoon until December. So its really all about what you all want to do and when you want to do it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married October 2 and took our HM in December.  My husband is in college, so getting married in the middle of the semester meant we had to wait for the HM.  Honestly, I think it was much better to wait.  We had gotten the awkwardness of sharing a bed with someone else out of the way (we didn't live together before we got married) and were used to being around each other.  Going from having space and time alone to being with somoene 24/7 is a big change and we're thankful that we had the chance to adapt before going someplace where we were spending lots of money.  We were really able to enjoy it as a vacation. 

And honestly, I would totally look at Groupon Getaways or Living Social Escapes for your HM if you're not totally set on where to go.  There are some amazing deals on there for some beautiful places!  And go through ebates to get 3% back.  Let me know if you need a referral. 
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's perfectly fine to wait if you want to. I know a lot of people who wait.

We're going to Costa Rica in November. It should be nice because it's after the rainy season and will be nice and warm down there.
  • tmc0413tmc0413 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

I think you can do it either way. With your wedding being in the middle of winter, it might be nice to go somewhere warm right after the wedding. But there is a growing trend of couples waiting a few months after they get married to go on their honeymoon. My fiance and I are still trying to decide ourselves if we should go on our honeymoon after the wedding or wait. I think it all comes down on what the both of you prefer.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kysnowbirdkysnowbird member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually, when I asked all my married friends what they would change about their weddings, they usually said "Nothing... But if I could change one little thing, I wouldn't have left for the honeymoon right after. Too stressful." My fiance and I are going to New York City for the honeymoon, but we're giving ourselves a few days to rest first!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • annamhisleannamhisle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We thought about going to NYC, since it will be December & a beautiful month to visit the city...but plane delays could be a problem :-\ 
    I still have forever to plan! We aren't getting married until December 1, 2012

Have you found a place to stay yet in NYC?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards