New Jersey

Need recommendations and price advice for hair/make-up -- around Morristown, NJ

Hi everyone!

I am getting married in July and need recommendations in the Morristown area for hair and make-up artists.  My original thought was to go to a local salon for both hair and make-up because it seems like it will cost less if I do that.  I was thinking of going to DePasquale.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Also, I may offer to pay for my bridesmaids' hair, so I am wondering if it will be less expensive to have someone come out to the hotel...  

Re: Need recommendations and price advice for hair/make-up -- around Morristown, NJ

• I have gone to this salon :  http://www.denicemonaco.com/  for years for all my hair cuts and stylings (prom, bridesmaid updos, etc) and will be going here for my wedding.  They have several fantastic stylists and have several options for bridal parties.  You can even rent out the whole salon.

Ask for Sabina - she is fantastic - honest - tallented!

I have heard good things about DePasquales .... but have no personal experience there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check out Donna from Amazing Face and Luscious Locks.  She's based out of Whippany and will travel to you.  Her prices are average and she gives a great microderm facial. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    I used Depasquale for pre wedding mani/pedis with my BMs. It would be a good choice and they have a party planner who will do all the work for you (she was very helpful). I go there for other stuff too and saw they just started on-site wedding services. I found that going to a salon for hair was a lot cheaper than having someone come to the hotel, but maybe their prices are better because it's a new service? And not anyone specific? Good luck - and book now.
  • mrsR12mrsR12 member
    First Comment
    i am using donna as well
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just booked Gina Brozon for my wedding next year for my entire bridal party. My FSIL used her for her wedding and her makeup came out amazing. She will come to your hotel/home at no extra charge depending on area (she is coming to Hoboken from N. Caldwell and there is no travel fee), but even if there is a travel fee it is only $30. Her prices are $100/140 for bride depending if you do normal makeup or airbrush and $70/$85 for bridal party for the same. A little pricey, but she is worth it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • shoebieshoebie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Another vote for Gina Brozon for makeup. She did my makeup for a friends wedding last year and 9 hours and a whole lot of dancing later it still looked flawless!
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gina-Brozon-Makeup-Artist/263967097582

she has many past faces on her fb
  • I actually work at DePasquale and was a client before that and can vouch that they are awesome. Definitely call ASAP though! If you'd like more info, you can PM me. I'm using hair and mua from the Glam Fairy because the mua is a close friend of mine, but if not I would have used the new bridal on-site service through DePasquale.

Wedding Countdown Ticker image170 Made the cut!
    image 134 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 36 Are missing out!
    image 0 Are making us wait!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards