Catholic Weddings

Happy Hump Day!

I'm feeling quite accomplished this morning!  It's not even 9:30 and I have called the IRS and my accountant to settle a problem about a missing document.

I wrote an email to Gilt City because one of their vendors didn't accept their voucher for dinner on Monday.  (No reply yet)

Perhaps it's a good time to tackle upcoming bills while I'm on high energy.

What are you all doing today?

Re: Happy Hump Day!

• newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Dealing with a project manager and client who made a bunch of significant changes to construction drawings after we already got a permit and wants them turned around in no time flat!  Gah...

But I've got some super-strong coffee now, so everything is going to be awesome!
  • I'm training my new assistant at work, then possibly heading to my parents' house (aka the infirmary) to visit with my father and grandfather.
  • Riss, you sound super important having an assistant lol! 

I'm having a pretty productive morning.  I got up early and went on an hour-long, brisk walk.  I hate mornings, so this is a HUGE accomplishment for me.  I actually feel pretty peppy, so maybe I should do that more often.  I made plans to walk with my friend again on Friday morning, so we'll see. 

Last night H and I went on a huuuuuge grocery shopping trip.  We spent over $300, but we are super stocked up now!  We've been eating out way to much in the last month or so, but that's mostly been because I have had no food in my house (literally, I had string cheese, peanuts, and frozen blue berries, and nothing else at one point!).  So it feels really good to have gotten that done.  Now we can cook at home, I can pack lunches for work, etc.  Good times!

• i just spent $18 on 6 cupcakes that were subpar.  they were not Magnolia Bakery cupcakes, thats for sure!

i am attempting to make something from teh gordon ramsay cookbook tonight. 

that's my highlights.

• Ugh, I feel guilty because you're all so productive, and I"m having a hard time getting going this morning!  It probably didn't help that I thought it was Thursday for awhile this morning, and then realized that it's only Wednesday.

On the bright side, we did get all our wedding invites mailed out as of this morning, so I guess I can check that off the list!  Tonight will be filled with laundry, vacuuming and dusting. Since Resa mentioned grocery shopping, I'm reminded that I need to do that too - such an exciting life I lead...  
  • Those are some pricey cupcakes!!  You're a Boston person, Calypso...have you ever had Regina's pizza?  One side of my family is in Boston, so I've been there several times, and Regina's is always the highlight of my trip!  It's the best pizza ever,!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_happy-hump-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:0d8d3796-b1de-48a0-955b-032a39b34acaPost:7d67874d-719a-4c77-a10b-6a064755f70a">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]i just spent $18 on 6 cupcakes that were subpar.  they were not Magnolia Bakery cupcakes, thats for sure! i am attempting to make something from teh gordon ramsay cookbook tonight.  that's my highlights.
    Posted by Calypso1977[/QUOTE]

You should try Cupcakes by Martha, in Waltham I believe but they deliver
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_happy-hump-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:0d8d3796-b1de-48a0-955b-032a39b34acaPost:37cf47c0-ec2f-4700-a803-75c3b32f3f68">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Riss, you sound super important having an assistant lol!  I'm having a pretty productive morning.  I got up early and went on an hour-long, brisk walk.  I hate mornings, so this is a HUGE accomplishment for me.  I actually feel pretty peppy, so maybe I should do that more often.  I made plans to walk with my friend again on Friday morning, so we'll see.  Last night H and I went on a huuuuuge grocery shopping trip.  We spent over $300, but we are super stocked up now!  We've been eating out way to much in the last month or so, but that's mostly been because I have had no food in my house (literally, I had string cheese, peanuts, and frozen blue berries, and nothing else at one point!).  So it feels really good to have gotten that done.  Now we can cook at home, I can pack lunches for work, etc.  Good times!
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]

H and I did the exact same thing a couple weeks after the wedding.  We had nothing to eat in the house! Needless to say the grocery bill was pretty high lol
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We have a college student doing observations in the Biology classrooms for the next three days!  This is my first time with any college students -- I'm so excited!  I love her.

I had a dream last that I was running late to school, but I just could not get there!  And then it turned out that they were having graduation ceremonies for the previous school year, so it didn't matter that I was late?  I was really rushing to get ready when I actually got up.
    Anniversary

• resa, people go banana's over Regina's and i dont care for it at all!  funny.
    oot, never heard of martha in waltham - illl have to check her out.

• calypso, I think she's listed as "Cupcakes by Martha"

She used to be a knottie and I have been following her progress,  Fantastic!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards