Chit Chat

Help with Favors for Shower

My mom is planning my shower and she is in a pickle and has come to me for a suggestion but I don't know. So I'm asking for your opinion. My bridal shower is a cocktail party on a staurday evening, it's women only, we have a one man band coming and it's theme is "Girls' night out." For favors my mom was originally thinking of giving a "survival kit" = mini tote bags filled with a bottle of water, packet of tylenol, sleep mask, fuzzy slipper socks and a $3 dunkin donuts gift card. It's a really cute idea and i love it but when i started helping her price stuff out online it was getting into the $12-$15 per favor range. We were looking to keep things closer to $10 each TOPS, my idea was to just give everyone a $10 Dunkin Gift Card in a little favor bag with a tag on it saying something along the lines of, Girls' night was a blast, tomorrow the coffee is on us" or something. Please let me know which you would rather take home from a shower or if you have any other ideas.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help with Favors for Shower

• I think the $10 GC would be more practical. Honestly, I think people would think the "survival kit" is cute, but a lot of it would get thrown out. 
    Anniversary
  • I picked the dunkies gift card but I don't think you really need to even spend that much.  It's very generous of your mom.
  • Even a $5.00 one wouild be good for Dunkin Donuts. Mind you I perfer Tim Hortons but that is only cause we don't have Dunkin Donuts here in Canada
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_help-with-favors-for-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:1049f48f-1f2a-4514-82f2-148d9b93f676Post:9ee2ac32-4fa4-4ad5-852e-cd8d5c5f1f8f">Re: Help with Favors for Shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think favors are really necessary for a shower.  The bag sounds cute, but if I look at it from my own point of view if I received that bag, I really wouldn't use anything but the bottle of water.  I wouldn't wear a sleep mask, I wouldn't wear slipper socks because I'm always barefoot at home, I don't take Tylenol, and <strong>we don't have a Dunkin Donuts around here</strong>.  It's a cute idea, but I'm not sure you'll get enough bang for the buck.
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I wouldn't know what to do with myself

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 95image Invited 66image Ready to party 21image Declined
  • I'd be happy with the Dunkin Donuts gift card. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • sonya+adamsonya+adam member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I'd go with the gift card. Like a PP said, you could even go with a $5 gift card. I think that would be more than acceptable. I've never gone to a shower and expected a favor at all, let alone a $10 gift card. You'll be fine. :]
  • I do not see what DD had to do with a bridal shower. I voted neither. I think you can be a little more creative.

How about a small mani/ pedi set?
    Or a movie voucher? Hence.. girls night out!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_help-with-favors-for-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:1049f48f-1f2a-4514-82f2-148d9b93f676Post:90d69b47-1805-4fe6-8a5c-e5039660e4b8">Re: Help with Favors for Shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do not see what DD had to do with a bridal shower. I voted neither. I think you can be a little more creative. How about a small mani/ pedi set? Or a movie voucher? Hence.. girls night out!
    Posted by deanozzi[/QUOTE]

<div>The whole reason for the "survival kit" was kind of kicthy (sp) type play on girls' night, ya know, having some drinks and dancing all night. The DD gift card was also a tounge in cheek look at girls' night, I know after a night of drinking and dancing I'm dead to the world without a cup of coffee, thas why my idea was to put a sticker on the card or however they are packaged with a cute note about "the coffee being on us the day after". your right though it might be a stretch</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If there is a DD local to the shower, though, then that shouldn't be a problem.
    I would LOVE a $5 DD gift card. Plus, it will be so much easier. Trust me, they will appreciate it! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards