Maryland-Baltimore

Bridal Salons

Hey everyone,
I'm visiting my family this weekend in Maryland, and I am going to two bridal salons while I am there.  I was hoping you knotties could give me some feedback on what you've heard or your experiences at these two salons: 

Bridals by Niko in Baltimore and Bridals by Elena in Severna Park.

I want to get an idea of what to expect from these places.  I appreciate it!

Andria 

Re: Bridal Salons

• edited December 2011
    I didn't go to those when searching for my dress.  But I have heard good things. 

I just wanted to recommend to two places I went to to look for dresses.  They were both great.  Betsy Robinson in Pikesville and Gamberdella's in Towson.  Just in case you don't see anything that you fall in love with ... here are two more places to try.

Good luck this weekend and have fun!!
  • MagpieJCAMagpieJCA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Bridals by Elena and I had a great experience there!  They have a huge selection of dresses.  I ended up with an Enzoani but they also have a lot of Pronovias dresses, which is partly why I went there.  I was on the fence about whether I wanted a dress with ruching or a lace dress, and I hadn't seen any that combined the two, but the stylist thought she had something in the back that would be perfect, and it was!  Be prepared to do some digging though, because they have a huge selection and let you and your friends/family go through the racks.  
  • edited December 2011
    I loved Bridals by Elena.  I didn't find my dress there but they have great selection and excellent customer service.  I second the recommendation for Gamberdella's if you have time for an extra stop.  They also have an extensive selection and the alterations there are unbelievably fair in cost (compared to what most salons will charge you).  I was very satisfied with my experience there.
  • gabbridegabbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Bridals by Elena!  I got my dress there and my experience was very positive!  See my review in my bio.  E-mail if you have any questions  ayrikawhite at hotmail dot com
  • edited December 2011
    I have heard lots of good things about Bridals by Elena on this board.  I don't recall anything in particular about the other place, but I have heard of it so I'd say that at least means I didn't read anything negative here.

I second the Betsey Robinson's recommendation, if it's not too out of your way, I have had great experiences every time I've gone there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies!  

This visit I will only be going to those two salons...but next time, if I still haven't found the one, I'll check out Betsey Robinson and Gabradellas!  

And...if we find the venue of our dreams in Maryland, I will be on here a lot more! 

Andria
  • edited December 2011
    Hey ladies,

I went to the two salons this weekend, and wanted to give my opinion on them (in case anyone else is wondering).

Bridals by Elena was fantastic.  The consultant was very nice, personable and honest, telling me what she thought of how the dresses looked or would look on my body.  She was also aware of my budget, and told me if something I liked wasn't in my budget so I wouldn't try it on and fall in love.  She also allowed us to pick out our own dresses, and then made a few pulls based on what I said. She was MUCH better I making picks than we were.  I was shocked when I saw something on the hanger and how it actually looked on.  She was great.  However, my FI and I haven't even decided what state we are getting married in, let alone what venue, so I figured I'd wait before purchasing a dress.  However, it is likely that I will go back to Bridals by Elena when the time comes.

Bridals by Niko was alright.  A lot of the dresses they had were not in the style I wanted.  Maybe it was based on what the consultant was pulling, but almost everything was way too embellished for me.  I wanted a more simplistic, yet unique dress and a lot of them were blinged out.  Perfect for some girls, but not for me.  In addition, the consultant was not as personable as the lady from Bridals by Elena.  Some may like this, but I'm talkative, so I like to have someone to talk to!  They did seem to have a large variety, and they seemed very reasonable.  I tried on 8-10 dresses and all but two of them were under $1000!!  So, I would recommend it for a brides looking for gowns on a reasonable budget, that isn't david's bridal.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards