Ohio-Cincinnati

Vendor Reviews!!! 6.11.11 - kinda long

Hi Everyone,
I just had my wedding and thought it would be helpful if I wrote some reviews about the vendors that we used.  Here it is:

Four Bridges Country Club - A+++
I had my ceremony and reception here.  First off, they were wonderful to work with, very flexible and reasonable.  They usually have only member events, but are usually very friendly and willing to work with you if you would like to have your wedding there.  The food was amazing and so was the service.  I couldn't have had a better wedding site!!

John Depricso Photography - A
John was sooooo easy to work with.  Anything I asked for, I got.  I haven't gotten my pictures back yet, but his photos from previous weddings are beautiful.  I know my pictures are going to be beautiful because he was clicking his camera the whole time and had some really great ideas on where to take the photos.  I loved working with him.

Fantasy in Frosting - A++++++++
I LOVED MY CAKES!!! I had table cakes for my centerpieces.  Being on a strict budget, it was hard to find a cake place that was reasonably priced.  Fantasy in Frosting was more than reasonable, the cakes tasted soooooo good and Nancy was sooooooo easy to work with.  I was blown away with how good they looked and I didn't have to worry about anything.  They even went as far as to get in contact with my florist and they put the flowers on the cakes for me.

Katie Elfers - A-
My flowers were beautiful.  I didn't have hardly any flowers at my wedding except for the bouquets so it was important to me that they be beautiful.  Katie too my few, hardly any, ideas and made something sooooo beautiful.  My flowers had a vintage look to them (champagne, white and ivory) and the girls were a light pink and were soooo unique.  Katie delivered the flowers to the ceremony/reception site and then drove the flowers to MY MOM'S HOUSE!! She was soooo helpful!  The only thing I was hesitant about was her communication.  She was very hard to reach at times, but if you call her, she picks up.

Kim Alterations - A-
Kim works downtown Cincy and was so nice.  She only put in a bustle into my dress since it fit everywhere else.  The bustle looked beautiful and was very easy to put together, but one side of it fell out by the end of the night.  I'm pretty sure it was because someone stepped on my dress while I was dancing, but who knows.  I just wished the it hadn't been pulled out, but other than that she did a great job.

Queen City DJ (Jimmy) - A
This was the only vendor that responded to all of my calls and emails.  I never had to worrry about if they were ready for the wedding or about anything.  They were so great to work with.  I only wish that I had come up with more suggestions so he had a better idea of what to play during the night.  He was great with my family and took requests and had people on the dance floor the entire night.  Queen City was a great choice.

President's Tuxedo (Skeffington's) - D--------
One word.  Horrible.  The suits were supposed to be available for pickup on the Wednesday before the wedding so we planned on having everyone pick them up on Thursday.  Both fathers traveled from out of town to get the suits on Thursday and they weren't ready.  They 'didn't get ordered on in on the right date' (even though the measurements had to be in months before hand) and so they were ready on the FRIDAY before the wedding.  Um...I don't know, but the day before the wedding tends to be SUPER busy and couldn't be a more INCONVENIENT day to pick up the suits.  It, thankfully, ended up being ok and my Dad's suit was the only thing that didn't fit.  So he reordered a shirt and jacket and they arrived early on Saturday, THE DAY OF THE WEDDING, but he was able to pick it up and everything turned out ok.  Good thing, or they would have been dealing with a bride from He**!!!  Just take my word - DON'T USE THEM!!!

Michelle Marx - Hair - A+++
I loved working with Michelle and her assistant.  They arrived on time, did beautiful work and were so chatty and upbeat the whole time.  I couldn't believe how beautiful everyone's hair turn out.  My bridesmaids looked beautiful.  I was soooo happy with how my hair turned out.  My hair stayed in the exact place that she hair sprayed it throughout the entire day.  I didn't even spray it later in the day.  My sister is getting married next year and after the great experience we had, she booked them on the spot. Get her while you can!

Heidi McKenna - A+++
Heidi was sooooo reasonable and sooooo nice to work with.  She was so efficient and did beautiful work .  My makeup stayed on all day long (and it couldn't have been any hotter outside).  I thought she did great work.

Bridal and Formal - A
I went during the week and spent an hour and a half at Bridal and Formal and found my dress.  I'm probably not the person to ask about dress searching since I tried on about 6 dresses in total, but we had the entire place to ourselves because we went late during the week.  I would recommend doing that if you want to have a more intimate dress trying on session.  I loved my dress!

Little Sparks Creations (Etsy) - A
She designed my pocket invitations.  I looked everywhere for classic/clean/pretty invitations where I could pick out the colors and I found them on Etsy.  Lucy was soooo easy to work with and you were able to get a sample sent to you before you ordered the entire amount of invitations.  I loved them!

I can't think of anyone else right now, but if I do, I'll update all of you.  Let me know if you have any questions about any of the vendors and I would love to help out.  Happy wedding planning!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vendor Reviews!!! 6.11.11 - kinda long

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards