Snarky Brides

AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?

Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?

• How can I put the delicately. Yes, there are double standards between regs and newbs. Get the fuucck over it. It's always been that way, always will be that way. You cannot just join a group of feisty girls and say whatever the fluck you want and expect to be accepted with open arms. That doesn't happen IRL, it sure as shiiit is not going to happen in the interwebs.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:c42b38dc-c694-4bf2-8933-f018f3480e23">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chels- telling an adult how to behave is the same however you slice it
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Then I think you and I both read the AE thread differently.  I read it as them having a discussion and agreeing that certain behaviors didn't happen.  She didn'd tell him to do anything.  But maybe I read it wrong.  If she told him waht to do, then that's shittty
  • No need to put it delicately, I was just giving a reason why there aren't that many new posters.  No skin off my nose.

And not to P & R, but I am leaving work (to not seem like I flame and then run away)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:eb95e786-44e5-4861-95e3-3175d02d29b3">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How can I put the delicately. Yes, there are double standards between regs and newbs. Get the fuucck over it. It's always been that way, always will be that way. You cannot just join a group of feisty girls and say whatever the fluck you want and expect to be accepted with open arms. That doesn't happen IRL, it sure as shiiit is not going to happen in the interwebs.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

I think people get all huffy about this because there is a whole crop of "regs" now that waltzed right in here.  There are few people left here who really got it bad as a newb.  VERY few. 
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:8932b46e-dd6d-4741-be1e-92463e8ce930">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now? : I heard one of you accuses the other of fornicating with her hound.
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

Jim Vance gets accused of that by Nancy McCoy's dad.
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:1d99cdc0-b172-4913-81b4-5b8986a182d8">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now? : Then I think you and I both read the AE thread differently.  I read it as them having a discussion and agreeing that certain behaviors didn't happen.  She didn'd tell him to do anything.  But maybe I read it wrong.  If she told him waht to do, then that's shittty
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

I think if you're worried about your FI dancing with girls you probably have a whole 'nother set of problems. 
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:1d99cdc0-b172-4913-81b4-5b8986a182d8">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now? : Then I think you and I both read the AE thread differently.  I read it as them having a discussion and agreeing that certain behaviors didn't happen.  She didn'd tell him to do anything.  But maybe I read it wrong.  If she told him waht to do, then that's shittty

<div>
    </div><div>I didn't get an answer in the thread, but it came across to me like she would have initiated the convo and probably come up with what she was uncomfortable with. And he just agreed. I mean, I can't see him laying down some of those ground rules for himself. So I would agree I still felt like it was her telling him what to do.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:1d99cdc0-b172-4913-81b4-5b8986a182d8">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:

I think we do see it differently because I look at it as a classic example of why you DONT try to tell your H what to do.

When I read it I laughed and my first thought was "well no sh!t.  What did you think was gonna happen after laying out ultimatums"
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yep blue, newbs have it easy now. I don't understand what the are complaining about.
    But to go to counseling because he smoked a joint? Really? Maybe he fucked up but I don't see that as a trust losing thing.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:3486858a-973f-4b81-8406-0e41e5deafe7">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yep blue, newbs have it easy now. I don't understand what the are complaining about.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]
    newbs have it easy because regs don't flame like they did in the past. we've all gone soft. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:4fe6f8fa-6485-4c1b-bcc6-e902269c850f">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now? : I think if you're worried about your FI dancing with girls you probably have a whole 'nother set of problems. 
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Oh that part I agree with.  If you can't trust your FI you shouldn't be getting married.  But regardless of what happened and how it happened, OP realized after all this that she doesn't trust her FI.  That's why I suggested it be addressed.  None of us were there when the convo happened, so honestly idk who is in the wrong.  But if you don't trust your FI, you should be talking it out/getting counseling before you walk down the aisle.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:d447b22d-bbb3-4740-8589-a46464d8e93f">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now? : Oh that part I agree with.  If you can't trust your FI you shouldn't be getting married.  But regardless of what happened and how it happened, OP realized after all this that she doesn't trust her FI.  That's why I suggested it be addressed.  None of us were there when the convo happened, so honestly idk who is in the wrong.  But if you don't trust your FI, you should be talking it out/getting counseling before you walk down the aisle.

No, you should be getting your own therapy for being a controlling psycho.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:e95ff12d-c704-4ee6-b18e-e552e975cc7d">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tried to read that AE thread and gave up. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

Well you're in luck, because this thread seems to have turned into the AE thread.
  • I just ran that scenario by H and he laughed his butt off.  He told me if I started telling him what to do all the time that would be a game changer.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:ef5da7a8-6024-4aa3-a3f2-f30ba4fdafd7">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now? : newbs have it easy because regs don't flame like they did in the past. we've all gone soft. 
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

<div>I think it's a combination of things. I think we flame plenty of noobs. Noobs that do get flamed hardcore tend not to stick around anymore. Other noobs manage to not get flamed because they are not full to the brim with crazy. It seems to be the mild-mannered and nice noobs that turn into regs these days. Then those people are less likely to flame newer noobs. It's a vicious cycle.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think the problem is that the crazy noobs that we have these days are not the kind of crazy noobs that stick around despite flaming.</div>
  • I also think that some of the trolls lately have been regs playing games and I think that is super lame.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:6410970f-9264-4388-adc7-7dd404df7942">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also think that some of the trolls lately have been regs playing games and I think that is super lame.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    I'd be down to play if they were exciting or at least fun. We don't even get good trolls anymore. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:a75cd9c6-cb7d-4678-b0ba-e0f30d18c0c6">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now? : I'd be down to play if they were exciting or at least fun. We don't even get good trolls anymore. 
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

Yup.  If you have the time and energy to make a troll, why not put that energy to good use and get a good talk going?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The last good troll we had was B's husband.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Back in the good ol' days we used to get trolls that would play totally normal for a couple of weeks before they'd go BSC. We need more people with that kind of dedication. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:88ce1f9c-4058-4a6e-94fd-1f129de2a8c7">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now? : Well now see this is where being a newb makes you misinformed. <strong>That argument between Steph and I had a much more likely outcome of a knock down drag out braw</strong>l then agreeing to disagree after just a few exchanges. Not defending her or me just giving you some background.

<div>You seriously need to stop taking the internet so seriously.  I promise I don't care that much about you (or TK in general.) </div>
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I dont think any of us take the TK that seriously. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:e0dcb7d1-418c-47c1-8420-ed0819e7143e">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now? : So you keep saying. If you really don't care why are you responding to a post that was not addressed at you? I was merely pointing out to girl that we did not know that we were going to agree to disagree.

<div>Thanks for speaking on my behalf? I knew we weren't going to. I don't start every post going "hm.. I wonder if Dot will agree with me." You're not my point of reference on whether or not I should post.</div><div>
    </div><div>I said in the other thread. I'll respond to something if I want. If you say something later and we agree, awesome. If not, who cares.  </div><div>
    </div><div>The point about 'not caring' was in reference to our 'history' that you can't seem to get over.  I have zero intention of starting an all=out brawl with you, because I don't care that much. Honestly, it's not worth the effot to get into it with you, because when I have, you've gotten completely fvvcking nutso. It's not fun to debate with crazy.</div>
  • cheeseandricecheeseandrice member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    Dot. You're misunderstanding "I don't care."  I've explained this in the past more than a few times. I read something, I respond. But by the next day (hell by the time the page has reloaded), I'm over it.  It doesn't affect my life. 

In general, I'm not a grudge holder at all, and I have a pretty shittastic memory, though.  That's what I mean by I don't care.

ETA: go read my entire posting history.  Since January, I bet the vast majority of those posts are from random bullshit chit-chat conversations that I don't even remember. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:0c8a487a-62b4-4c7f-8826-de8ce0a7a624">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now? : I stand by my statement and will go further to say <strong>you post just to see yourself post.</strong> No one cares as much about you as you do Steph.

Uh, don't we all?
  • You said <div>[quote] "<span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;background-color:#ebf4fb;">I was merely pointing out to girl that <strong>we did not know</strong> that we were going to agree to disagree." [/quote]</span></div><div>
    </div><div>I did know I was going to agree to disagree after you said something. So you did speak for me, and you were wrong.  I mean, maybe you went into it saying "oh, Steph said something I disagree with. Here's the perfect chance to start an all-out brawl!" (I totally didnt' think that last night, btw. But apparently that's your expectation of every interaction we have now.)</div><div>
    </div><div>Clearly you're misinterpreting my 'tone' here.  I actually really don't care. I just dont' like when someone tries to talk for me, and I'm clarifying myself.  I'm actually pretty sick of the go-around with you. But when I tried to joke about it last night, you got all up in arms. So I really can't win with you either way. If you're so sick of me, feel free to stop posting when I do.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:67040ff3-76c3-45df-b132-10fd14c755ee">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now? : Ya know one is holding a gun to my head either. My point is that <strong>I don't believe she doesn't care about TK</strong>. I think it is her way of dismissing people who have valid points.

In what way? Like not caring about the community? Because that is flat-out not true.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:0c8a487a-62b4-4c7f-8826-de8ce0a7a624">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now? : I stand by my statement and will go further to say you post just to see yourself post. No one cares as much about you as you do Steph.

<div>Earth to Dot? You talk about my posting style and what I say/ how I say it more than I do.  This whole conversation only started because you mentioned me by name.</div>
  • Steph you sure as hell are posting a lot and arguing about stuff you "don't care" about.
    panther
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards