Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

NEED OPINIONS! Getting married in THREE DAYS!

So we are getting married this week... circumstances forced us to move it up considerably. It will be a completely private thing, but I need these words to show him that even though the timing isn't perfect, I am happy and honored to become his wife and that it doesn't matter to me where or when it is happening.  Please tell me where I need to add or subtract.

In times of sickness, I will be there to make you feel better. In times of poverty, I will be there to enrich your life. In times of sorrow I will be there to hold your hand. In times of health, richness, and joy I will be astounded at the blessings that life has bestowed upon me. I vow to love you, support you, and cherish you today, tomorrow, and forever... and ever. As I have given you my hand to hold, I give you my life to keep. I trust that you will be my constant friend and lover. And that is why I choose you, (Name), to be the one person with whom I will share all my secrets, all my love, all my happiness, all my challenges, and most importantly, all of my life.

P.S. The "...and ever" sounds corny, but it is a joke between the two of us.

Re: NEED OPINIONS! Getting married in THREE DAYS!

• edited December 2011
    I really like it!!! Perhaps in the line: " In times of health, richness, and joy I will be astounded at the blessings that life has bestowed upon me.", you could put "us" instead of "me".
  • edited December 2011
    I think they sound great.  My reaction was exactly the same a MSUGURL's before I even read her comment.  Change that "me" to "us" and you'll be set.  Congrats!
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like it! Great job!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards