Kentucky-Louisville

Wedding Dress Alterations

I bought my dress at David's Bridal and thought that alterations come with the purchase, but the do not.  I could still take it there though.  Anybody have any experience with their alterations or suggestions?

Re: Wedding Dress Alterations

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard that they're much more expensive for alterations than a private seamstress, but I'm not positive.  A family friend did my alterations as a gift.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • pink starspink stars member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Csilla in Jtown. She is unbelievable!!
    Kelley & Daniel | 10.23.2010
    Photobucket
  • ashleyjb6ashleyjb6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you're still looking around there's a great place on Bardstown Rd in Fern Creek calls the Sewing Room.  The woman who owns it is named Kim and she's been really great so far with my dress
  • pingpong26pingpong26 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
     2 months ago, I bought a wedding gown from David's bridal for $800 (original price is $1200) but it's dirty inside and some of the beads fell off. I then brought it to a great place on Bardstown Rd in Fern Creek calls The Sewing Room to get it altered to fit. I can't believe this place also sell wedding gowns, prom dresses and tux rental service. The owner named Kim showed me the same wedding dress, same brand of Allure couture with the one that I bought but it's brand new with the price of $450. I was shocked but couldn't return the dress. I could save 400 bucks if I knew this place sells wedding gown. They also have other pretty wedding gowns and gorgeous prom dresses if u still looking for a perfect dress with reasonable prices.

KC Bridal and Prom at The Sewing Room offer excellent alteration services and great selection of wedding gown, tux and prom dresses at reasonable prices. 
    The address is 6101 Bardstown Rd.
    Phone # is 502-239-1445.

Here is the wedding dress that I bought (Allure couture) if any of u want to take a look

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards