African American Weddings

Who lost to "the one"?

(Borrowed this from another board & decided to bring it here). I know from the start of wedding planning to now, I've had more than one vision for my wedding dress, and I ended up with something that was totally different from what I originally wanted. So I was just curious, ladies, what dresses were shot down by "the one"? What is your dream dress now?

Contestant #1:

Tried it on and just didn't like the color accents and with my short frame, it really made me look like an ornament bride for a cake topper lol smh

Contestant #2:

Fell in LOVE with the ruffles. Tried it on and felt flat as a board & the front was too plain jane for me.

Winner:

Was skeptical at 1st bcuz mom picked it off the rack but as u can see, it won my heart. Love the one shoulder, the silver appliques, the chiffon material, & it's somewhat fit n flare style.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Who lost to "the one"?

• I love the "winner" it's beautiful. Really like the one shoulder look. I didn't have any expectations going in bc its all about how it will look on your body type....I don't have a body like those models LOL. Congrats on choosing a beautiful dress! Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • edited July 2012
    this was my dream girl, an ines di santo named rita.  as you can see from the back there is simply no room for error or latenightsnacking.org.   I don't normally do poof but as she didn't start spreading out until past my knee, it was cool.   @$6950 I built my bridge and got over it.

this is something my designer is typically known for - I actually saw a bride try it on while I was trying on mine - if you watch SYTTD, you've seen this monstrosity before it's $24K

this is my girl, believe it or not, same designer, she may have been on meds about the pattern.  what isn't lifted up gets sucked in.  isn't she loveeeeeleeeee, her name's aisha. lol.

same gown, side view

• @ Sultry: Absolutely stunning gown. I love it girlie!!!
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • thanks luvie, me too!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_who-lost-to-the-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:87759a62-5a98-44d4-b26b-749dba670b01Post:d3c52022-296e-4f7d-ac75-8e07ca61dc58">Re:Who lost to quot;the onequot;?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love the "winner" it's beautiful. Really like the one shoulder look. I didn't have any expectations going in bc its all about how it will look on your body type....I don't have a body like those models LOL. Congrats on choosing a beautiful dress! Cha
    Posted by CreoleBride30[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I really fell in love with the one shoulder, unique but not too "out there". And ur right about going in without too much expectations, need room for compromise/change because dresses can look totally look different once u get them on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @sultry $6,000 for a dress! Surprised Yeah, build that bridge fast lol. Omg, Aisha is gorgeous. Can't wait to see u wearing her, with the hair, makeup, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards