Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Engagement party seating?!?

We are having our engagment party this Saturday at a restaurant with 50 of our closest family members and friends. I am so confused about whether or not to have assigned seating or to just have people sit wherever they want. Anyone have any advice or real experiences with this??

Re: Engagement party seating?!?

• Options
    For your engagement party, I would just let people sit wherever they want.
  • Options
    Let people sit where they want
  • Options
    I would reserve one or two tables so you can sit with your parents or bridal party, the last thing you want is mom and dad left all by themselves or his parents with your weird cousin or something haha.  Other then that let everyone sit wherever they want.
  • Options
    I agree, let people sit where they want.  Since you're not throwing the party, it's not really something you need to worry about anyway.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Thank you, I like that idea. I do want to reserve the table where my fiance and I are sitting because I would like our sibilings to sit together along with closest friends. Any suggestions on how to do that? Should I put a "reserved" sign on the table or is that rude?
  • Options
    just put a little tent reserve sign on the table, people are usually respectful of that.
  • Options
    Agreed, a reserved sign for the family tables and they'll be the only ones who know those reserved tables are for them. Definately no assigned seating in my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards