New Hampshire

Anyone get married at Atkinson?

We recently went to Atkinson Country Club and loved it, but were bummed to learn that for an evening reception, we aren't allowed to have our ceremony there.  This really stinks cause the outside ceremony location was a big selling point.  I was wondering if anyone had been able to get around this silly rule or had found another nice outdoor ceremony site in the area.  Any help would be great.  Thanks!

Re: Anyone get married at Atkinson?

• mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to a wedding there this Sunday at 4:30.  The ceremony is outside, with the reception following at the Country Club.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    That's odd, my sister got married there on a Friday a few years back, and her wedding started at 6pm at the outdoor location, so it was definitely an evening wedding!

Maybe they only have that rule for Saturday weddings? Did you ask about a Friday? I love Atkinson, it is indeed very beautiful, especially the ceremony spot!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception there.  Yep, no Saturday night ceremony's.  I'm getting married at Searles Chapel in Windham which is probably 15 minutes away.  Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! Maybe we'll have to look into the Friday night thing.
  • cookiej84cookiej84 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also looked at this place but immediately crossed it off of our list due to this same reason.  I wonder if they realize the potential customers they're losing because of it.  We've decided on the Portsmouth Country Club in Greenland NH and it's gorgeous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards