Illinois-Chicago
Options

Is anyone using a wedding planner/DOc or are you planning your wedding yoursellf?!

Hello! I was just wondering how many people were going to have a wedding planner/DOC or just going to do all the planning yourselve?!

Re: Is anyone using a wedding planner/DOc or are you planning your wedding yoursellf?!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using a wedding planner and it has saved me a ton of stress and headaches already.
  • Options
    alyssalowealyssalowe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing all the planning by myself with the help (umm. thoughtful additions) of my mom. lol. I started with plenty of time to research everything out fully and price compare. I also have the mentality of "it will all work out" and so far it has with very few stressful moments. I already have my dress, his suit and the church is booked, if nothing else works out so be it.

I also am waiting for after thanksgiving to buy alot of my decor (2 weeks before wedding) because what I want isnt for sale locally yet and why pay shipping if I dont need to. Then if something is wrong I can fix it quicker then sending it back and waiting for reply.
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using a DOC but planning the wedding myself. She has been a godsend so far with just answering questions. I'm mostly counting on her to make sure our reception is set up correctly, having all vendors be where they are suppose to be when. Really hiring for piece of mind the day of :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm just using a DOC.  I want her to keep everyon on schedule, make a timeline, set up the few DIY's I'm doing.....and take over the week of!
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Options
    kthompson76kthompson76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We decided to use a wedding planner but I want to be involved in everything. I just really needed the extra help!
  • Options
    kag0215kag0215 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing it myself. The coordinator at the reception venue has been amazing though. I don't think I could do it without her.
    209 Invited image
    141 Can't Wait image
    19 Have Something Better To Do image
    49 Can't Find a Mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I planned the whole wedding myself and used the DOC to run the wedding the last week. SHe took over and was worth her weight in GOLD. See my vendor reviews a few posts down. I highly recommend Karolina Warren, Weddings by Karolina.
  • Options
    ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_anyone-using-wedding-plannerdoc-planning-wedding-yoursellf?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:e42b5099-de0b-451a-baf5-6e1bac7aa3e3Post:d3d81bb4-e121-4e26-baf0-70003c19f182">Re: Is anyone using a wedding planner/DOc or are you planning your wedding yoursellf?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing it myself. The coordinator at the reception venue has been amazing though. I don't think I could do it without her.
    Posted by kag0215[/QUOTE]

This

I also have a friend who is a wedding guest who is looking to start her own events planning business in the next year and asked if she could help DOC so she could get some experience. I said of course! So she'll be at the rehearsal and there during the day of.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also had a DOC and I think she saved my sanity! I wish I could have had someone do the whole thing but I couldn't afford it!
  • Options
    sully1120sully1120 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    elizabeth @ eventsworthtoasting.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards