Ohio-Columbus

vintage photographer - reasonable price

I'm looking for a reasonably priced (under 2500) photographer, who has a vintage charm to their work...think anthropologie catalogues.  

THANKS!

If not, who are some great photographers that you recommend?

Re: vintage photographer - reasonable price

• BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure exactly what you mean by vintage charm, but  I think our photographer, Kelly Maughan, has a very artistic eye and unique look.  We loved our engagement and wedding pictures from her!  Here is her website  and I have some of our pro pics and vendor review in my married bio.  She is also under your $2500 budget.  :)
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • osumegsosumegs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Cassidy Dawn. I think our package was around 3000 for engagement, wedding, and $1000 album credit (not sure exact numbers right now). She has a simple/classic look that borders on vintage.
  • KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our first choice is Benjamin James Photography, check out his website. Our second choice is Azar Photography. We are meeting with both in the next 2 weeks to lock them in.

I would love feedback on either!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I think Benjamin James fits the bill for that -- very artistic eye and super nice guy!  He was a bit out of our price range though, but perhaps worth a look!

Another is Ryan Jacquot Photography -- I didn't use them (I used 808 Studios), but I just recently saw some of his work on his FB page -- they did photos for a wedding in Wisconsin (don't worry, they're local) and it was very vintage and VERY cool!  I loved them!  If you have FB, do a search for Ryan Jacquot Photography and take a look at their latest "sneak peek" -- I think they may fall right in your price range too, but don't quote me on that.  :o)  I know his wife (who works with him I believe), and she's super nice and they're (relatively) newlyweds themselves, so they're very aware of what the planning process is like, I'd think.  GL!
  • GoBucks15GoBucks15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would look into JOJO Photography & Film.  Our package was just over $2,000.

This particular engagement session screams vintage:
    http://jojophotoandfilm.blogspot.com/2010/07/ok-so-this-is-just-sneak-peek-because-i.html
  • zoenmatt09zoenmatt09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Studio B Photography out of Newark.  www.newarkstudiob.com and some of their photos have a vintage look to them.
  • edited December 2011
    We just booked our photographer-- literally, last week-- so I can't say from experience how his pics will turn out but I absolutely love him.  His name is Julian Allen and he is very reasonably priced.  Check out his website.  I'm going for a rustic/vintage, anthropologie-like look and I think he fits the bill.

He's British and awesome!! 
  • love3daisylove3daisy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Azar Photography for our wedding- he's amazing!  His work is extremely artistic and he is really easy to work with.  I would highly suggest Azar!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hisrighthandhisrighthand member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Andrea Snedaker Photography is a great low price photographer.

I just checked her prices on her website and for the complete digital package of a wedding you'd pay $2500 plus whatever her travel charge is. Well that's her 2010 prices so you'd have to book before Dec 31 probably, IDK what her 2011 wedding prices are.
  • edited December 2011
    Whatever you do do not use DK photographic. It was the worst experience of my life! I just hope someday we can afford to to get professional photos taken again! :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards