Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Show me your bridemaid dresses!

Please! I can't make up my mind. Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Show me your bridemaid dresses!

• ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girls had different Alfred Angelo dresses.

The two on the left had one, the one on the left next ot me had the maternity one shortened and my mom added the pin, the two to the right of me had a third dress, and the one to the far right had a fourth dress. It just worked out that some liked the same dress.. they were able to chose which ever knee length AA dress they wanted.
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG, I had a love affair with my BM dresses. 

They are from Jasmine's B2 collection
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    EDIT:  WHOO!! Got it to work.

They're from J Crew :)
  • edited December 2011
    Ooh LRM, are they silk tricotine? They photograph really nicely.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    They are indeed the silk tricotine!  We had originally planned on the silk chiffon, but then they came out with the tricotine and everyone fell in lurve.  J Crew gets two huge thumbs-up from me - they sent me fabric swatches and were so helpful over the phone.  My girls live all over creation, so they just got measured at the dry cleaner and then called with their measurements so they would order the right size.  According to all the girls who got theirs altered or hemmed, it was very easy.  I will also point out that at least the v-neck dresses have a snap to secure bra straps, so no one had to go braless or buy anything fancy.
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had two versions of the same dress (from Davids Bridal)

• edited December 2011
    Good choice. I'm leaning toward J. Crew, especially since not all of my girls are local. I like the silk chiffon Sophia in soft lavender the most right now. I went to their bridal store in New York in the fall and really loved the silk tricotine Cecelia but they don't really have any colors that work for us. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You can call J Crew and ask about future seasons' colors - they will not be able to say anything definite but if you ask a pointed enough question they will give you hints ;)  For example, I wanted to make sure that the kelly green my girls and I wanted could be avialable going forward, and they were able to tell me that, more or less.  Yo could ask about whether or not their spring collection this year will have a lavender color available in the silk tricotine.  Even if it's not the same exact color, they will give you an indication.  I would imagine that with tons of dresses on clearance right now, they are making room for spring.
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

it's hard to see since it's so small but it was an a-line dress with a sweet heart neckline with rouching above the sash.
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.dessy.com/bridesmaid-dresses/?colorlist=110&color=ruby

They can pick any floor length dress in this color in matte satin.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    They wore Davids Bridal jersey knit dress.
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I told them they could pick whatever style dress they wanted as long as it was floor length and as close to David's Bridal "Horizon" as possible.
  • edited December 2011
    LRM-i am leaning towards jcrew for my bridesmaids too! I love the style and its nice that they will be able to rewear the dresses! did you have a black tie (optional) affair on a sat night? i dont know if it is because i am on a mac, but i cant see the pic of the dress you posted, are they knee length? i love the cocktail length dresses, but i am worried it will look out of place with tuxedos and some gowns. Thanks :)
  • edited December 2011
    Here is the link.  They are the Sophia dress in kelly green (not a color they make anymore, my wedding was a year and a half ago) :

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/LaRositaMonita/HeatherandColin0155.jpg

My wedding was definitely not a black-tie affair.  The groomsmen wore tuxes, but our guests didn't. 

Here's a shot of the whole bridal party together: http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/LaRositaMonita/?action=view&current=HeatherandColin0451.jpg

• lisalaroclisalaroc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girls are all wearing David's Bridal dresses in the color of watermelon.

Bridesmaids are wearing this

My MOH will be in this

Junior Bridesmaid will be in this
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards