Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

HAIR/MAKEUP?

I am in need of some advice. I'm not girly one bit and when it comes to makeup I am absolutely CLUELESS. So, anyways, I am curious if any of you have had airbrush done ever and if you could feel it on your skin or if it was pretty light.  Also, how far in advance should I book makeup and hair people?  (Wedding is august 7th)

And the most important question:  Where are you guys getting your hair and makeup done?  I know smart and chic gets RAVING reviews on here, but I am wondering what other inexpensive places you guys have found. I need to find a really budget friendly place to do my hair and makeup.  Thanks for your help ladies!
When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.

Re: HAIR/MAKEUP?

• kristigileskristigiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using smart and chic on Aug 14 and I booked them a few months ago.  They fill up pretty fast!
    August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*
  • edited December 2011
    You can try Greta Olson. Not sure what her rates are, but she does NOT do airbrush but I was really really happy with my makeup on the day of my wedding and my friend used her last weekend and I loved my makeup then.

I think she does hair still, not 100% certain. I used her when she worked for MG Hair and Makeup, but she no longer works there.

I gotta sift throughh my stuff to get her contact info, but shoor me an email chap0188@yahoo.com and I can find it for you.
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Mariah's Beauty Marks for my make-up.  I had airbrushing done and didn't feel it on at all.  My make-up lasted all day, both for my trial and wedding.  For my trial, I went to my bach party at the renaissance festival after and was out in the sun sweating all day.  At the end, we took our picture and I was the only one who still looked fresh.  Mariah's prices were pretty reasonable.

I had my hair done at my regular styist, Kim Welch of Shear Genius Salon.  I can't say enough good things about Kim.  My hair didn't budge all night (I had curls and an up-do).  She's around $60 for the day-of do.  Her trial price a bit less. 

PIB of my hair and make-up under Photography and full reviewes and contact info under Vendors.
  • supersalwasupersalwa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never had airbrushed makeup, so I can't speak to that...but I've used and loved Brynn Andre Beauty. (She does on-site work)

Brynn did my hair for a before/after photoshoot I did (pics in planning bio), and my makeup for my wedding, and she did a beautiful job on both.

Her associate Lisa Elsen did my makeup for the before/after shoot, as well as some of the girls' makeup at my wedding, and the makeup for my anti-bridal (aka TDD) shoot, and again - loved what she did.

Wedding day pics & Reviews of Brynn Andre Beauty are in my married bio. I don't have pics of my anti-bridal shoot in my bio, but those are here:

http://customobscura.com/viewing/
    password = bullard

Lastly, I don't know if Lisa does solo stuff but I can find out if you're interested. I don't think she does hair though.
  • edited December 2011
    I've also booked Greta Olson! I've seen a few brides who used her, and I really fell in love with her makeup style. (I prefer a little heavier eye makeup, which I don't always see on Smart & Chic brides.)
  • liciav23liciav23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check in on some salons and see if any people are willing to come to you.  I am having Karmen Voeller do my hair and she is out of the regis salon at the ridgedale mall, she is charging 75 for hair and we already did a trial which is included.  I am using my girlfriend for makeup (shes works at a place in Blaine) and we are doing a trial for the bachelorette party night.  but yeah check out some salons and have someone come to you... just a tip!  :)
  • edited December 2011

Thank you so much ladies!! This was VERY helpful!

When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • edited December 2011
    I second Greta, I just booked with her.  I also like a little heavier eye makeup.  She sent me a few of the looks she's done as well.  She is just starting up on her own but worked with a company for awhile. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards