Favors

HELP?!?!

Hi guys,
     I will be getting married in June and we will be having approximately 500 guest attending. I havn't decided on the favors for the simple fact that they are very expensive. My Fiance just graduated from college and I still have a couple years to go so we are on a tight budget if anyone can give me some good but inexpensive ideas that would be great!

Thanks so much,
Kris

Re: HELP?!?!

• That is a lot of guests...

Remember, favors aren't required. IMHO, you'd stress yourself out putting together that many favors.

If you still really want to have favors stick to something edible, and think about things that you and your FI like.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_help-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:a424b48c-8687-476e-ae17-6f29d339c002Post:8fc216ea-8854-442d-8189-5b828347c6c5">HELP?!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi guys,      I will be getting married in June and we will be having approximately 500 guest attending. I havn't decided on the favors for the simple fact that they are very expensive. My Fiance just graduated from college and I still have a couple years to go so we are on a tight budget if anyone can give me some good but inexpensive ideas that would be great! Thanks so much, Kris
    Posted by KrisM13[/QUOTE]

Favors are never required.  You can skip them.  But, seriously....  if you are on tight budget, why in the hell are you inviting 500 people?  That is a ridiculous guest list.
  • Agree with cmgilpin - if you are on a tight budget 500 people is a crazy ridiculous guest list.  You don't have to invite everyone.
  • 500 people does not sound like a budget friendly wedding.
    stick to your closest friends and family. thats what the wedding is about.
    if you must have favors, there are cheap favors out there but anything is going to add up when you have 500 guests
  • Lets just say that we have a very large family
  • 500 close relatives?
  • As another bride who knows who how it is to have a large family and guest list, trying to think of favours is difficult. My guest list is bordering on 400 and my fiance thought to give away goldfish for each couple/family. Think of something unique that relates to the two of you and share it with your guests. Good luck :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_help-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:a424b48c-8687-476e-ae17-6f29d339c002Post:df88478d-0fc9-4c10-be62-dc345a422d0a">Re: HELP?!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]As another bride who knows who how it is to have a large family and guest list, trying to think of favours is difficult. My guest list is bordering on 400 and my fiance thought to give away goldfish for each couple/family. Think of something unique that relates to the two of you and share it with your guests. Good luck :)
    Posted by JoseD12[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>PLEASE tell me you guys are NOT giving goldfish as your favors!

</div>
  • In Response to Re:HELP?!?!:[QUOTE]As another bride who knows who how it is to have a large family and guest list, trying to think of favours is difficult. My guest list is bordering on 400 and my fiance thought to give away goldfish for each couple/family.nbsp;Think of something unique that relates to the two of you and share it with your guests. Good luck : Posted by JoseD12[/QUOTE]

Omg. Do NOT give away live animals as a favor. This is horrible.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I would never have even considered favors if my guest list had been over 150.  Even at $1 a person, you are looking at $500 -- and no one is going to keep anything worth $1.  Even though my guest list was much smaller, I still wish I hadn't done them.  They weren't worth the time, money or effort I put into them.

Skip them.  They aren't necessary, required, or expected. 

And if anyone handed me a live goldfish at a wedding, I would refuse to take it.  So plan on being stuck with all 400 of them.
  • In Response to HELP?!?!:
    My fiance and I are in the same boat as you. We have actually decided to not do any favors, just for the sheer fact that that is one of the least important aspects of the wedding. We had to cut something out, so that's what we did. We are actually thinking about having a "photo booth" where they can get their picture taken and then we will mail it to our guests with the thank you cards.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_help-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:a424b48c-8687-476e-ae17-6f29d339c002Post:df88478d-0fc9-4c10-be62-dc345a422d0a">Re: HELP?!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]As another bride who knows who how it is to have a large family and guest list, trying to think of favours is difficult. My guest list is bordering on 400 and my fiance thought to give away goldfish for each couple/family. Think of something unique that relates to the two of you and share it with your guests. Good luck :)
    Posted by JoseD12[/QUOTE]
    Ummm. That would be expensive. So that's not really helping her.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_help-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:a424b48c-8687-476e-ae17-6f29d339c002Post:5a40edc6-b5be-4d95-bd28-4cbeb910898d">Re:HELP?!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:HELP?!?!: Omg. Do NOT give away live animals as a favor. This is horrible.
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]
    Ha, I was thinking she was talking about the crackers!  I hope she's talking about the crackers. 

• For that many people, I would definitely skip the favors!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • A friend of mine in college bought mini Hershey's bars (a bag of 50 is what, like $5?) and wrapped them in labels similar to a return addresss stamp. Use a pretty cursive font in either the label making application in Microsoft Word and buy label sheets at staples. Now each of you guests as a favor, but for 10-25 cents a piece.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards