Honeymoon Discussions

Dominica anyone?

Has anyone been to Dominica (Caribbean)..... will appreciate he reviews
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dominica anyone?

• Hmmm . . . I don't know much, but my sister went there for her 5 year anniversary trip. She absolutely loved it. From the sounds of it, nothing commercialized -- all very natural and rugged.
  • FSIL does enviromental work on the island and goes every 6 months. She's never stayed at a resort there but at a home rental. The entire island is very poor- much like most Caribbean islands, but beautiful and safe. It's rugged and as a large base in eco-tourism. She takes jeeps out all the time to explore the island and although she has a guide with her, she's never had a problem with crime.

It's not your typical honeymoon location, so don't go there looking for pretty umbrella drinks and at an all-inclusive. If you want something more eco-friendly and natural I'd recommend it.
  • Thank you ... I am from St. Vincent and the Grenadines... and my FI and I have been to most Caribbean islands before except Dominca.. that's why we needed the reviews...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I stopped there on a cruise last year and it was absolutely gorgeous! We did an excursion that took us to a waterfall and then river tubing. Such beautiful views, but as pp mentioned the island is very poor and not commercialized at all. I think there is only one resort on the island and it's on the opposite side from where the cruise ships dock.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards