April 2013 Weddings

Throat Punch Thursday

This used to be done on another board I was on a while back.  Time to let out all your stress and frustration and give a virtual throat punch to the person/people who are seriously annoying the daylights out of you.

I would like to dedicate the first throat punch to the rude people who have now passed the RSVP deadline for my daughter's birhday party without bothering to RSVP.  HOW FREAKIN HARD IS IT TO DO WHEN YOU'VE HAD THE BLASTED INVITATION FOR THREE WHOLE WEEKS??????

We are having a birthday party for dd.  Since she's turning 5 and this will be the first party with school friends and last party with just family, we set aside money to throw a party that costs way more than we'd ordinarily spend - we're having it at the zoo.  Final head count (and payment) is due at 9AM tomorrow.  I still have SIX people I can't get a hold of, and 4 more who are telling me "Maybe, maybe not."  Sorry, I'm not paying $35pp for a "maybe."  It's either a yes or it's a no, and if you can't decide, I'LL decide and it will be a no, because I'm not paying for you if you're going to be wishy-washy and wait around to see if a better offer comes up.

How freaking inconsiderate do you have to be to not RSVP?  It takes 30 seconds.  I put home #, cell # (for texts), and email address on the invite, so there really is no excuse aside from laziness. 

I may very well hire Tonya Harding to pay people a visit if I have the same problem with my wedding RSVP's.  UGH!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
RSVP Deadline: March 8th

Re: Throat Punch Thursday

• vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Surprisingly I cannot come up with anything besides stupid drivers.
  • I have one!  Dear IT guy at work.. don't tell me the clients file didn't work when you are just to lazy to click on it to see if it is password protected or not.  Love, your irritated coworker.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Can I throat punch mother nature?  Look, I get it, global warming and all, but this heat and humidity + no air conditioning is driving me nuts!  I haven't been able to bake or cook all week OR start some of the DIY projects I want to start for the wedding!  GRRR.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would like to throat punch my online class (I feel bad saying my teacher, because he's kind of a nice guy, so I'll just go with the class in general). We are supposed to have a lecture posted on Wednesday nights that I typically watch on Thursdays. There were like 5 posted from last night, and they are all like 15 seconds long. I think he was trying to fix the program he uses to record the lecture. So basically, there is no lecture this week (for like the 3rd week in a row). I get it, sometimes technology can be uncooperative. But you can't blame technology for your inability to send an email to the students to update them on the situation and let us know that there is no lecture, but you will try again later. We have a quiz every Friday, and I would really like to watch the lecture before I take the quiz. This is an ONLINE class. Email is vital for communicating with the students! I don't understand some professors... 

This is a great idea, I feel a little better now :) 
    135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 23
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_throat-punch-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:4a199c1d-05d5-45a8-999d-0ecafb0caac0Post:6c19221d-2d24-4408-a87c-2f66d8b2f9f3">Re: Throat Punch Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can I throat punch mother nature?  Look, I get it, global warming and all, but this heat and humidity + no air conditioning is driving me nuts!  I haven't been able to bake or cook all week OR start some of the DIY projects I want to start for the wedding!  GRRR.
    Posted by erbear84[/QUOTE]

<div>If you can throat punch mother nature, then I get to throat punch the job market. It's geting to the point where there's barely anything to apply for within a 1 hour radius of where I live. Between my part-time job and some temp stuff I've got basics covered, but so much hinges on me getting something full-time, which gets depressing at times.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, yes, I am old.  I'll admit it.  Although I WAS still in H.S. when all that Tonya Harding stuff went down.  lol

Another throat punch to my sister, for being 38 and reading WAY too much into every single word and picture that anyone posts on facebook.  Sweet Mother of all that's Good and Pure, GET OVER IT!!!!  Nobody cares about facebook as much as you do, not every post is intended to be a burn directed at you, and yes, I WILL block you if you don't stop picking fights on my page with people you've never even met because you think they're talking about you.  Grow up, FFS!  Stop revolving your life and your mood swings around something as dumb as facebook.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Team Nancy Kerrigan all the way!!!  hahahahaha

My cousin(MOH) and I might have had posters of her in our rooms when we were little :-D  No big deal...

To continue with the facebook rant.  I've thought seriously about getting off of it lately but I haven't yet.  Why is that?  I've had facebook for SEVEN YEARS.  It used to be awesome while I was in college and now I just get annoyed or bored when I get on there but I still can't quit it.  Why, why, why?  Do I really think I'll miss something between all of the pictures of why adopted dogs are the best and why people at walmart should re-evaluate their wardrobe choices?  Two of my bridesmaids quit fbook, only to come back a couple of months later.  Why has my circle of actual friends and myself developed a dependency to share photos easily instead of sending group emails with updates on our lives?
  • re: Facebook, my FMIL is obsessed.  She comments everything I do and FI does and my nieces do, too.  An organization posted a picture of me and FI in a crowd and tagged us in it and she was like playing Where's Waldo in the comments.  Love her to death, but it's annoying!  
  • I need to throat punch my online class again (throat punch Friday?). I got an email today from my (apparently incompetent) teacher's assistant telling me that I have to turn in all outstanding assignments by next Tuesday. That's odd, because I don't have any outstanding assignments... Then when I checked my grades, I have THREE 0's! Two for assignments that I turned in BEFORE their due dates, and one that isn't due until JULY 13th! I swear to God... 
    135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 23
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_throat-punch-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:4a199c1d-05d5-45a8-999d-0ecafb0caac0Post:16da8d27-fdcd-4888-b238-44463a8fcc7c">Re: Throat Punch Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha, I wish my FMIL was more active online.  I email her pix of details I'm interested in because she wants to help me plan but it takes her forever to respond!!
    Posted by lch0708[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>See, mine responds faster than my own mom.  Any my mom usually will be all, WHERE ARE YOU GETTING MONEY?? (yes, really, both moms always type in caps).  At least my FMIL doesn't do that!  :P</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_throat-punch-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:4a199c1d-05d5-45a8-999d-0ecafb0caac0Post:af4db925-b291-402b-a32e-2def64b6ed3c">Re: Throat Punch Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Then when I checked my grades, I have THREE 0's! Two for assignments that I turned in BEFORE their due dates, and one that isn't due until JULY 13th ! I swear to God... 
    Posted by Blondy214[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd forward that email to the REAL teacher and ask why you didn't get credit for assignments turned in and why you're being punished for an assignment that's not due for almost another month.  Then I'd ask him to clarify the REAL due date just in case there's some B.S. down the road.

Yes, we can continue to punch people on Fridays as well.  Whatever makes you feel good.  lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ehh...my main annoyance, altho I'm pretty chill with it at this moment, is our planner. Just how hard it is to get information from her sometimes. We are waiting to decide on caterer and menu because we first have to find out how much our reception venue is charging for the rental and what they are going to charge for bar service. It's a new venue and our planner is in on the whole deal, like a consultant basically so they can really make the space great for weddings and such. We have pretty much everything else setup - people and deposits - but still haven't made the biggest decision!

Also, I have that fear with invitations and people not RSVPing. Our wedding is going to be out of town for everyone involved - some more than others. But I'm not above harassment of my friends and family members...and maybe even future family in law members :-D I definitely don't want to waste money on the Maybes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards