Registry and Gift Forum

Hand Vac: BBB

We are registering for a Hand Vac from BBB.  But there are not any customer reviews... I was hoping to pick out one online, but thought I would post here first.

That is the choices they have. Any brands to go with or stay away from? Thank you! 8 days til the wedding! Woo Hoo!

Re: Hand Vac: BBB

• I have bought and tried the shark one ($29.99).  It's not worth even half of that.  It has very low suction and after it cleans one surface, you basically have to take the entire thing apart to empty it in order to use it for more than 30 seconds.  The one I got isn't the model that is EXACTLY what's on there, but every shark product I've ever purchased has been a dud.  Stay away! 

I have loved my great grandmother's dust buster... I think it's black and decker.  We have replaced our hand-vac with black and decker (not one of the ones on BB&B site but very similar to dustbuster on there), and it is just fantastic.  

I would post a review, but since mine wasn't the EXACT model number, I don't feel comfortable putting up a critical review if it's no longer the same product.  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • I love my shark!  However I first bought that 19.99 dirt devil one- if that is the one I am thinking of it is tiny (like a hairdryer size) and it had zero suck.  Maybe mine was a bum one, but it was a bust- so I bought the shark and love it!
  • noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    We have the Electrolux Ergorapido and it is *awesome*!  I bought it at BJs for like $90.  We have the 12V one.  Seriously, best thing we purchased for our new house.  It lasts 20-30 mins per charge which is just enough to do all the hardwood in our house.  It picks up a ton of dust/hair and keeps our floors looking great.  It is very easy to empty and the pop-out dustbuster is awesome.  We've had ours for almost 2 years and it still works great.  I know it is more expensive, but t is totally worth it if you have hard surface floors.  Note, it doesn't really work on carpet, it is really meant for wood or tile.  We bought it because it had the best reviews online.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17679686
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards