New York-Hudson Valley

VENUE! SERIOUS HELP!

Hey all!,

So I have a some what of a short period of time to plan my wedding to my Marine. He gets deployed in June of 2013, and just asked me to marry him! CANT WAIT! however, our date is going to be sometime in May. I need a venue that is outdoors, fire pits, more of a relaxing, romantic night. A garden even. I am just looking for outdoors. I had found the Bonnet Estate, but they are SOOOO expensive! I need some help ladies! ... NY, NJ or even PA is fine by me. Let me know! <3<3<3 

Re: VENUE! SERIOUS HELP!

• tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2012
    check out Catlin Gardens, Warwick Valley Winery,  Brotherhood Winery, Bear Mountain
  • Try Cortlandt Colonial 
    714 Old Albany Post Rd
    Cortlandt Manor, NY
    (914) 739-3900
    They have a big outside area and they were very affordable. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 169 Invited image
    60 Yes image
    16 No image
    93 Have me praying for the mailman! image
  • Winding hills golf course does a teneted wedding outside that is nice. And also Bear mountain, its very rustic
  • Try Full Moon Resort in Big Indian,ny
  • the mansion at colonial terrace or torne valley vineyards....both great affordable locations

• Thanks all! We are going to check them out next weekend when he's home for the week! Cant thank you guys enough!
  • If you haven't already booked your date... You should visit Christos http://www.christoscatering.com/

We were very pleased with Christos in Poughkeepsie, and the price was reasonable.  It has a Country Club feel and the food is wonderful. You can negotiate a package that suits your budget and needs.  Chris tells you the price per guest, and that is the price you pay, including cake, table flowers, tax and tip.  Go to Christos!! Tell him Toni told you.. ;o)

Matt & I just had our wedding at Christos 9/23/12. Wow. The place is as immaculate as it is beautiful and elegant. The food was outrageous and bountiful. The filet was scrumptious -- Chris is very personal during the whole night. The grounds are stunning for pictures. The ceremony room needs very little decor since it is surrounded by walls of windows overlooking the lovely golf course. Everyone raved about it the whole night. Bathrooms are very tasteful and clean. The bridal room is spacious and comfortable. Even the cake cart is pretty.  If you are getting married or will be having any kind of event at all... this is the place to have it. So glad I chose Christos... it is truly an anointed place.
  • Does anyone know what the cost is for a wedding at Torne Valley Vineyards?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_venue-serious-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:af38d81d-1672-4c35-9881-fcef196d1d66Post:ebf6b477-c4ec-49e2-acf5-c65a83e77a8f">Re: VENUE! SERIOUS HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone know what the cost is for a wedding at Torne Valley Vineyards?
    Posted by mumrofthebride[/QUOTE]

<div><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;background-color:#ffffff;">My Fiance and I are also looking at Torne Valley Vineyards for wedding. I emailed David Weber and I got a reception price list. They have prices starting from $65/pp (Sundays only) to $150/pp. All include tables, chairs, lines, on-site advior, wedding cake, etc. The ceremony fee depends on which package you choose. We're looking at a Saturday summer wedding next year and the venue cost is $5,000. I imagne it will be cheaper for an off season or weekday wedding. </span></div><div><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;background-color:#ffffff;">
    </span></div><div><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;background-color:#ffffff;">
    </span></div><div><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;background-color:#ffffff;">FYI Warwick Valley Winery is really expensive. My fiance's family lives down the street and knows the owner and we were still looking at a $40k+ wedding :/</span></div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards