Missouri-Kansas City

Make-up Artist

Any good recommendations for a wedding day make-up artist?
Sarah & Craig
My Planning Bio: http://sarahandcraig.weebly.com/
My Married Bio: http://craigandsarahsides.weebly.com/

Re: Make-up Artist

• edited December 2011
    I just booked Cara Sue Hall.  I haven't had personal experience with her yet but she had tons of great reviews on these boards as well as on her website.  From my understanding, she's a little bit pricier than some but since I'm not that great with my own makeup I figured I could use all the help I can in that area!  I can say that she's been very nice to work with on scheduling so far!

Cindy
  • edited December 2011
    The makeup artists at Hall's on the Plaza will do your makeup at whatever location you want them to.  They have a 5 person minimum and charge $100 for the bride and $50 for everyone else.  The fee includes a consultation for the bride.
  • wilburncwilburnc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check out Deanna Valizan.  Her website is www.deannasmakeup.com

She did my makeup for my engagement pictures and I loved how it turned out.  She is also doing my makeup and all of my bridesmaids and my mom on my wedding day.  She is fantastic and really easy to work with!  I think she is comparable in pricing to Cara Sue Hall.
  • prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also booked CaraSue Hall. She did my makeup for my b-pics and I LOVED it! It was such a great experience. Also, I didn't find her to be ALL that more expensive than others. I mean, obviously she's more expensive than going to a makeup counter at the mall, but for someone to come to you she is pretty average price-wise.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Another vote for Cara Sue Hall!  I agree with Pridee - she's not that much more expensive, and having her come to you is a HUGE plus.
  • edited December 2011
    I also booked with CaraSue Hall! 
    I was supposed to have my hair/makeup trial on Friday but had to cancel because a family member went in to the hospital.
    I've heard so many great things about her!  She is also VERY quick to respond via email, which I love!
  • HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw Chavon Swartz (Adorn Beauty) @ a bridal fair last year and liked that she did air brush make up. http://www.adornbeautique.com/index.html
  • melinachildesmelinachildes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Jenny Manz at Smashbox inside Nordstrom. She's young and cute and totally understood the "blushing bride" look I was wanting. Just call up Nordstrom and ask to be trasfered to Smashbox.
  • edited December 2011
    Cara Sue Hall is amazing. I have booked her for on-site hair and makeup for myself, my two bridesmaids, and MOB and MOG. Just had my trial with her, and she did a great job! She is reasonably priced, and I know she will do a great job. Just look at her reviews on WeddingWire :)!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards