Maine

midcoast oceanside wedding on a budget?

Just starting out here... we have about 15K to spend total and are looking to have an outdoor (ideallly overlooking water) ceremony/reception in mid-coast Maine for 50-100 guests.  
We'll check out the Snowbowl, but I would love to hear other ideas.  Does Reid State Park have a covered area in case of rain, or can you bring a tent there? Any place affordable in Tenants Harbor/Port Clyde area or Rockland/Rockport/Owl's Head?  Has anyone been to Linekin Bay Resort?  If we just pick a state park for the ceremony are there any budget reception venues people recommend?
There are so many beautiful venues that are out of our price range, such as inns that you have to reserve all the rooms.  We appreciate any help!  Thanks,
Lisa

Re: midcoast oceanside wedding on a budget?

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you go with a state park for the ceremony and a budget friendly place for the reception, does that reception location need to be on the water? 

I got married at Portland Headlight - rented the picnic shelter so there was shade and cover in case of showers.  It's not that expensive, and you have some amazing photo opportunities (see my sig below).  My reception was at Season's Event and Conference Center and is VERY budget friendly. 

As you look at state parks, keep in mind that if you want to have your reception there, you probably won't be able to have alcohol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out the Camden Amphitheatre if you want a beautiful outdoor spot. The park and ocean are right across the street. There are some very nice places in the midcoast that will work with your budget.  I would try Whitehall Inn, Samoset (they are thought to be pricey, but I know they can be very flexible), and also Retreat at French's Point.  Good luck and keep us posted.
  • edited December 2011
    Also take a look at Ducktrap Retreat in Lincolnville. It's beautiful... overlooking the water with cabins to accomidate some of your guests, an outdoor spot for your ceremony and a space inside for your reception! 
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Mount N Sea Inn in Northport.  It's a large house that can sleep some guests with shared bathrooms, then they have a tent and a barn for the reception.  You can do the ceremony outside.  Overlooks the water.  When we looked at it, the caretaker was really friendly and helpful.  

We had a day-before BBQ at Winslow Park in Freeport.  It's a city park, and they have two covered structures with picnic tables (I think 1 fits 150, 1 fits 50).  It's really a lovely park.  Our wedding was at the Harraseeket, which would probably be close to or above budget for 100 people, but you could look into it as well as the other hotels in the area--Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Freeport Inn--if you were ok with no water view for the reception.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards