Pre-wedding Parties

Re-Post from my local board:Engagement Party

What is the norm for an engagement Party? Ive seen couples that have the party a couple of months before the wedding but because Fi's grandparents are coming from Brazil next month we were thinking about doing it while they are here in October.....Also is it tacky to do it at a Restaurant? We were thinking the Melting Pot.....???
South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!

Re: Re-Post from my local board:Engagement Party

• loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've only been to engagement parties at restaurants, not sure where else people hold theirs. I have seen most engagement parties to be 1-3  months after engagement....
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've only been to engagement parties held at people's homes or in a rented room at a restaurant. But yum Melting Pot!!! I think that's a great idea to have the party while his grandparents are visiting from Brazil. Typically, the engagement party is held within the first few months of the engagement and not too close to the wedding with all of the other pre-wedding parties and events going on it's just too much to have it right before the wedding. DH and I had an engagement party about 14-15 months before the wedding which was perfect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards