Just Engaged and Proposals

Show Off Your Rings!

Re: Show Off Your Rings!

• My ring is a 10k white gold diamond engagement ring . He proposed on aug 6th exactly 3yrs and 3 months after we first started dating. On may 6th 2011 it will be our four yr anniversary. The wedding is set for 2013 !

this is the best pic I could get of my ring i edited it so you can see the shape the 7 diamonds make, i didn't i would like diamonds because at first i wanted something really different like a sapphire or something but when we went to choose the ring i feel in love with this one .
  • My fiance and I went ring shopping about a year ago, and he made me wait in the concourse of the mall while he talked with the jewler. When I was finally allowed to come in they asked me which ring stood out, and I pointed to this one. My fiance's eyes widened and he told me that this ring was the first one he'd noticed as well. We walked out of the store that day without the ring, but he had a plan. He went back in April to buy the ring and kept it hidden from me until we went on vacation this past september. He proposed to me on the beach with the ring withboth fell in love with.

The center stone and side stones are princess cut and the stones on the prongs (one of my favorite details!) are round. It's total weight is about 1.3 carats.

• I had always told my Fiance simply "I want something different and unique, but timeless". He did the perfect job!

I received a brilliant pear cut- halo setting with 31 round brilliant stones. It has beautiful filigree work and 2 hidden hearts underneath the stone.

I am so in love with my ring and even now, 3 months after the proposal, I cant stop looking at it! This picture doesn't do the sparkles justice, it even sparkles in the dark!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • He surprised me with a trip to the jewelry store on our fifth anniversary. We looked at a handful of rings but when I saw it I knew lol! I didn't even ask the specifics, I just said that's the one I want! Four long weeks later he popped the question in a secluded and beautiful apple orchard.

It's a gorgeous antique setting with four princess cut diamonds on top and stones all around the sides. There are 54 diamonds in all. I should know I counted!!! Gotta love a good man Smile.  Congrats ladies!

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  This past summer I worked at a sleep away summer camp and it was the longest my then boyfriend and I had been apart since we started dating. During one of our late night phone sessions he asked me to marry and I said sure why not, not knowing he had been shopping for a ring for the past year. Two months later at my best friend's house he got on one knee and made it official!

"GLO" as I now refer to her is 14K White Gold. 1ct all round stones. I have to say I am in total LOVE with her...and him too!Wink

I'll always be the lady in his life.
  • My honey and I have been attached at the hip since high school.  This summer, as we approached the seven year mark, we went on vacation to Mt. Rainier in Washington.  We love the outdoors, hiking, camping, etc., so we planned a 6 mile hike to the valley of a huge glacier that's famous for it's sunrises.  We made it, despite the bear warnings.  At the top was the most stunning landscape, completely detached from the real world, completely quiet and totally us.  At sunrise as the mountains started to glow the brightest shades of orange and pink, we took a little walk into a meadow speckled with blue and yellow flowers, chipmucks running everywhere, mountain goats in the distance, a roaring river, waterfalls and this little circle of rocks.  Paul lead me into the circle, told me to close my eyes and got down on one knee.  It was magical.  The ring sat on a little moss pillow and the sapphires (he knows I don't like diamonds) were blue and yellow, the exact colors of the flowers around us.  He picked those colors because they match my eyes.  Definitley the best day ever!

• He knew the style I liked and picked it out! We got engaged the day after Thanksgiving at my famiy's house in Maine. It was snowing out and absolutely perfect! 
  • i love my ring. it came with a set!

Future Mrs. Anderson Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We shopped together once we were engaged and chose three different rings we both liked.  He surprised me with one of them while we were getting our engagement pictures taken.  It was so sweet!

• My boyfriend just proposed tonight in front of the National Christmas tree in front of the White House.  He knows I love Christmas, so it was the perfect place.  I couldn't be happier with the boy or with the ring!

• He proposed on October 20th with 10 pumpkins each carved out with an individual letter or heart to spell out Marry Me?  It was absolutely perfect and I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with him!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am inheriting a wedding band that belonged to my great grandmother, grandmother, and now belongs to my mother until my wedding day.  The wedding band is yellow gold with 7 tiny diamonds and 2 wings on either side of the diamonds.  My fiance got a picture of the ring from my mom and went to the jeweler where he found this engagement ring that matches it perfectly!  I couldn't be more proud and excited to wear the two rings together. 

• TJW82TJW82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    We picked this one out together. I was going to go traditional originally but I saw the colors and fell in love with it.  It's a 1/2 carat 14K white gold ring with a aquamarine gemstone in the middle with chocolate diamonds down the side all surrounded  by white diamonds. He says that it was just my style because I love colorful unique things :)

• We got engaged back in August. I absolutely love my ring! He is the most amazing man I ever met and I cannot wait to be his wife!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My fiance and I got engaged the day before Thanksgiving. Our relationship has always been long distance and I flew to Minneasota to spend the holiday with his family. When I got off the plane, I heading toward where my fiance was going to pick me up. Once I got past the security checkpoint at the airport, I noticed his two sisters videotaping and it finally hit me what was going on! I then saw Nick on one knee and next to him, his 3 year old niece was holding a sign that read "Erin, I be so excited if you would marry my Uncle Nick!" I started tearing up and didn't say anything and just went over to hug him. I finally said yes and couldn't be happier with the ring or my future husband!

• edited December 2010
    Its so cute and goofy the way he proposed, He needed to be led to actually sit down next to me and then took it from there.. But was just terrified, the moment he came home with ring, I just guessed he had ring from look on face.. Pure shock poor guy... Now he is relaxed and Im stressing about how we need a much better story, then i pulled him into candle lit room with our puppy by our feet and cats around us and nudged him to go ahead.. not very romantic eh? cute though.. would love to put pic up of ring, but cant figure out how to do that!
  • edited December 2010

This picture is from our engagement session. I love it! Our photographer is amazing!

I told my fiance what shape diamond I wanted, and he wanted to choose from there. He insisted that he pick it out himself, and ended up having it made. It is a 3/4 princess cut center stone with bagettes and rounds on the sides totaling another 1/4 carat. All in all is 1 carat, and perfect on my finger! I love it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i love my ring! modern vintage, i like to call it :)  FI picked it out on his own, though it was clear that he had been listening to me for the past 6 years xo
  • edited December 2010
    My fiancee and I have been together for almost 5 years now, and he asked me to marry him this past weekend. I was blown away by the ring he picked for me. My dad is a jeweler, and it means the world to me that he was able to make my engagement ring.

oh...and that's our dog Zora. she was pretty excited about it too!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_show-off-rings-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:5143ceb6-caf9-4cd4-be78-fc5d49206402Post:5030d275-b82f-44f1-937f-fed7268e1ca8">Re: Show Off Your Rings!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I got engaged the day before Thanksgiving. Our relationship has always been long distance and I flew to Minneasota to spend the holiday with his family. When I got off the plane, I heading toward where my fiance was going to pick me up. Once I got past the security checkpoint at the airport, I noticed his two sisters videotaping and it finally hit me what was going on! I then saw Nick on one knee and next to him, his 3 year old niece was holding a sign that read "Erin, I be so excited if you would marry my Uncle Nick!" I started tearing up and didn't say anything and just went over to hug him. I finally said yes and couldn't be happier with the ring or my future husband!
    Posted by mrsradke2012[/QUOTE]
    I think that's the cutest thing ever!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2010
    For starters we've ben engaged for a short time. One day I was working selling the stuffed animals that we make onboard our ship. When I was done with it I was walking towards the theater to watch the show for a little bit when I ran into my boyfriend as he was looking at rings at the ship's jewelry store.  I guess he got kind of scared cause when I came close to him to say hi he started hidding the rings. Well because I'm friends with the girl at the jewelry store she had one of the guys take him to see some other rings in another area while I showed her the type of rings I liked.  At the end the ring he picked a ring that was beyond the type I had in mind taking into consideration the economy.  IOU guys the picture!!!

I'm Totally in Love with my ring and my FI !!!

12/14/2010:  I found a picture of my ring that I didn't even knew I had.  What holds the center stone in place is heart shaped, as well as the side stones on each side of the center stone.

Here it goes:

• Love my ring. Simple and pretty. I've taken off all my other massive, costumey rings. :) My fiance was so worried I wouldn't like it but it's pretty awesome. I love it.

He proposed to me in a pumpkin patch, so you can see the pumpkins in the wagon and background. The wierd-colored pumpkin is a fake pumpkin that he had carved "WILL YOU MARRY ME?" into and had the staff at the farm plant in the pumpkin patch for me to find. I knelt down to pick up the pumpkin and was shaking really hard when I turned it over and read what it said. I turned around and he was on one knee. I kind of fell on my butt and sat there crying and said yes.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_show-off-rings-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:5143ceb6-caf9-4cd4-be78-fc5d49206402Post:e9889118-e921-4d10-a080-c30dff67d95f">Re: Show Off Your Rings!</a>:
    [QUOTE]He proposed last night 12-12-10
    Posted by lnvane00[/QUOTE]

Congratulations!!!
  • i love looking at all these pictures and seeing how different everyones are!

my fiance just proposed on 12/6/10 on the beach while we were on vacation :) i am in LOVE with my ring. its a 1 ct center stone with little ones on the side of the band

• We picked out my ring together. I love it!
    When is my wedding
  • We've been planning it in secret for a month.  We picked out the ring together.  I was highly concerned about having something low-set.  This is just perfect.  We also geeked out about diamonds pretty good.  The official proposal went down Friday night, and I was unsuspecting.  I am so excited and feel so lucky!
  • The ring is made from family  rings,  the centre stone is from his mothers engagement ring and the rest of the stones are  from his mom and nana... i picked out the setting
    He proposed to me at the top of :The Hotel" in Las Vegas- over looking the strip.. it was incredible

Sept 2011 Feb...
    imageimage
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Custom made by Tacori, Robbins Brothers really helped us find the perfect ring and diamond to match. Not too flamboyant but so intricately designed, nothing would make this ring a better match for me. I think we went to the store about 3 times before I found this one, nothing felt as right. I wouldnt trade it for the world <3
    I would definitely recommend going and trying on as many rings as you can. I thought I absolutely loved a 3 stone ring that I found online until I saw it on my finger!! Though it is romantic and traditional for the man to buy the ring, I think tagging along might ease the pressure on him as well ;) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards