Snarky Brides

Are we all megabitches?

So, Lab got me thinking. Do we make it difficult for new posters to fit in and feel welcome? I feel like we try not to let that happen, so I'm interested to see what you guys think.

Take my poll!

Re: Are we all megabitches?

• I like you all so far :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • I just started posting here today (maybe yesterday).  I don't feel hated and cast off...yet...
  • Since this place came back from No Man's Crazy Land, I haven't seen anyone be mean to someone simply because that person's new. Newbies have gotten jumped on, but not just for being new.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Your poll is missing the option "No, just Cew".

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Seems to me that when someone is new and they announce themselves, everyone is just like 'hey welcome, hang out a while and have a beer' instead of OMGDONTDOANINTROLURKFIRST!@!#@$!
  • The last time I took your poll you told me I was too rough. I'm not falling for this again!

Wait, that was your pole. NM.
  • I definitely think this is one of the more welcoming boards, which is why I started posting here.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • I like it here. I just wish I had more interesting things to contribute.

• I don't think the ladies here makes it difficult as some other boards.
    But some are just super sensitive and should lurk a little bit to understand if they are getting their as$s handed to them or if it's being just very constructive.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • no, you/we aren't all mega bitches.

As for making it difficult for people to fit in: I definitely tried to approach this place carefully. Initially I thought I would never post, based mostly on the way certain posts were reacted to.  I quickly learned why those posts got such responses. I also learned that lurking was worth it. I waited a good two months before posting and then I started with fairly tame posts, nothing too out there, no crazy "but it's MY DAY" posts, or mega long vents/novels, etc...by lurking I had figured out what pissed off the regs so I generally tried to avoid that until at least some people 'knew' me...once I felt like part of the group I felt more comfortable replying to posts that were hot topics or posting my own threads, even a vent/rant eventually. 

There is my strategy, I think it worked (for me at least), SB feels like a ' safe place' now (sounds silly even writing that...).  

oh, except for CEW. I hear she is indeed a bitch.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_megabitches?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ce1a37dd-235f-4a75-8d9a-f4f9fadaa757Post:c7c29a24-ca2a-4ea2-8620-4299fffe9323">Re: Are we all megabitches?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seems to me that when someone is new and they announce themselves, everyone is just like 'hey welcome, hang out a while and have a beer' instead of OMGDONTDOANINTROLURKFIRST!@!#@$!
    Posted by rhodesign[/QUOTE]

<div>Let me take this as my chance to introduce myself.  My name is Kristen and i'm an alcoholic...or wait i mean I'm Kristen and i'm a bride :-D</div>
  • I love that SB has become one of the more welcoming boards, and I love how mad that makes old SB and other people who I have no idea why they care. 

Maybe if KA sees this post she'll finally change the name.
  • The only rational reason I think newbs may feel unwelcome is because on certain weeks there are a lot of call-outs to individual posters (but never, ever, to me.  Not bitter) and that may make people hesitant to jump in.  But I think that's true on just about any board.  Newbs who come in here, guns a-blazing, get rightfully spanked, but they're the only ones who don't see how they contributed to it.  Labrnr comes to mind in that regard. 
  • Yeah, you're all such bitches.  Every time I sign in here I want to GBCK because of how mean you all are... or maybe I'm just thinking of Cew ;)
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Yup, megabitches.  All of you (us?)  But in the nicest way possible.

I started posting here because all the fun interesting people from GIS decided to post here instead of there and left me with all the crazies.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • -Our son just called me a bitch.
    -You're not a bitch. You're bitchin' but you're not a bitch.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_megabitches?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ce1a37dd-235f-4a75-8d9a-f4f9fadaa757Post:0d8e10f9-781c-465c-964d-a44c17f2289f">Re: Are we all megabitches?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yup, megabitches.  All of you (us?)  But in the nicest way possible. I started posting here because all the fun interesting people from GIS decided to post here instead of there and left me with all the crazies.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

<div>ha ha ha</div><div>
    </div><div>where is Nebb right now? Where are you Nebb?</div>
  • I don't think you should let the ramblings of one loon give you pause to think, Cew.
  • I lurked here awhile and have really just been posting for a few days, but I don't feel unwelcome at all.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    number, she's "busy" doing "work".  Psssh.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I cant see your poll at work. But as a rule I think everyone here is welcoming, unless you turn into a D!ick i.e. ask stupid questions, and are generally an idiot.

But that Cew yeah I hear she's quite the .....I cant do it she said she loved me. Cew you had me at "pooh!"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I feel like this is a very welcoming board, especially compared to what it used to be. Sometimes I feel a little 'ignored' or 'out of the loop' but that's just because I don't contribute a whole lot.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_megabitches?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ce1a37dd-235f-4a75-8d9a-f4f9fadaa757Post:0d8e10f9-781c-465c-964d-a44c17f2289f">Re: Are we all megabitches?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yup, megabitches.  All of you (us?)  But in the nicest way possible. I started posting here because all the fun interesting people from GIS decided to post here instead of there and left me with all the crazies.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

Yeaaah. Sorry about that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • I felt welcome almost immediately, but that could be because I lurked for a long time, and I think I got the swing of the personalities around here before I decided to start posting. 

I think that the people who don't feel welcome or like they don't fit in are the ones that come in guns blazing, or with absolutely ludicrous rants. From what I've seen everyone offers up straight advice and the people that can't handle it are the ones that come looking to validate and perpetuate their douchebaggery.
    Which did you like better? "Jedi" or "The Empire Strikes Back"? "Empire". Blasphemy. "Empire" had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_megabitches?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ce1a37dd-235f-4a75-8d9a-f4f9fadaa757Post:40a2b0c1-f2dc-4920-85ab-62de96bf28d8">Re: Are we all megabitches?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like this is a very welcoming board, especially compared to what it used to be. Sometimes I feel a little 'ignored' or 'out of the loop' but that's just because I don't contribute a whole lot.
    Posted by prideeinpynk[/QUOTE]

<div>I won't ignore you </div>
  • HI Fraser!!!!! *waving wildly*
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_megabitches?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ce1a37dd-235f-4a75-8d9a-f4f9fadaa757Post:3257f5a0-bbdb-4920-a54d-7f6a88bb0b49">Re: Are we all megabitches?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The only rational reason I think newbs may feel unwelcome is because on certain weeks there are a lot of call-outs to individual posters (but never, ever, to me.  Not bitter) and that may make people hesitant to jump in.  But I think that's true on just about any board.  Newbs who come in here, guns a-blazing, get rightfully spanked, but they're the only ones who don't see how they contributed to it.  Labrnr comes to mind in that regard. 
    Posted by ohwhynot[/QUOTE]

True.  And I'll also say that if you are new and immediately post with an unpopular opinion, it's not going to be as well received as if a reg said it.  I liken it to going to a dinner party where you don't know everyone or a job interview lunch.  You smile and play nice and you bite your tongue if necessary because you don't know these people and don't want to get off on the wrong foot with them.  But with your close friends or people you've worked with for a long time, you know where they stand with you and you feel more comfortable getting into a good debate about something you disagree on. 
  • Back when this was a Dead Zone, I hung out here, kind of just waiting for a group of regs to form, because I hated the beebee chaos that was forming and I was hoping something would change. When I first saw all the "E converts", though, I got scared and backed the f*ck off because I'd already been rejected by E, I really didn't need to feel like being rejected in by E 2.0

But after a couple of weeks of lurking and seeing how well it was going for everybody else that didn't work out on E, I decided to try my hand. I'm happy, for the most part, I like everybody here, and I feel like I fit in well enough.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Like play said, people need to lurk more. Everyone is just brutally honest and people can be too sensitive.  I don't post much, but I understand the vibe of the board and I think you ladies are great.

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• I'm a megabitch in real life, ask anyone who knows me.

I've never seen anyone get attacked here just because they're a newb. People get called out for being stupid, new or not.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards