New York-Hudson Valley

Bouquet/Garter Toss

Who is doing this? I know we arent doing the garter but not sure about bouquet...only problem is pretty much everyone there is married.
Part of That World Blog
my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Bouquet/Garter Toss

• kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do either. We didn't have many single guests, so I didn't want to put the few on the spot, and I'm not a huge fan anyway.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Same as Kristin, we didn't have many single guests and didn't want to put them on teh spot so we didn't do it. 
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't do either, for the same reasons PP mentioned.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    we are doing it, but we have quite a handful of single guests
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • edited December 2011
    We're are still up in the air about doing it or not. There are only a handful of single guest. We'll see
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We also didn't do it because there were not that many single guests...plus, I didn't want to waste dance floor time :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are skipping both, but are considering the anniversary dance. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'd like to do the garter removal. But not sure if we are doing it yet. Either way, we are not doing the toss. FI wants the anniversary dance. I feel it will end up being a repeat from my sister's wedding, but since he wants it, we will probably do it.
  • lauraNkieranlauraNkieran member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We were like PPs, not many singles left so we went with the anniversary dance.  Our florist included the toss bouquet in our package so we gave that to the couple married the longest.

• edited December 2011
    Not doing it. I haven't talked it over with my fiance but I am not a fan. My friend got married two years ago, and they called by name all the single girls and then guys on the floor, then asked them to pair up, and had like a mini dance competition. The winning couple was given a hotel room for a prize. Then after the wedding all the single people went and hung out at the hotel room for the "after after party". So it turned out to be fun, but I gotta say when the DJ started reading off the names of the single girls, no one looked happy and the bride got a lot of dirty looks from her girlfriends. So kind of because of that I am not doing the toss, don't want to put my single girlfriends on the spot.
  • edited December 2011
    I am not doing either.  We are doing the anniversary dance though.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • smatuzasmatuza member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing it.  My FI's grandma is making my garter out of my grandmother's dress.  I will also have a toss garter.  I have plenty of singles coming! 
    Anniversary
    my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) BabyFruit Ticker
  • jamiefourjamiefour member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not doing.  Just not a fan.  Maybe anniversary dance.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we dont have many single guests, but probably wouldnt have done them anyway. not a fan.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Going with the Anniversary dance
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I had to do it.  I wasn't about to let the fact that all my friends were married let me lose out on tradition. I couldn't wait to do it.   We just invited anyone who wanted up, my sister in law caught the bouquet and even the reverend went for the bout.  My nephew caught it though.

Ifyou want to do it, definitely do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards