Arizona-Tucson
Options

Engagement Photos Location Ideas

So the FI and I have been talking about locations for our engagement session.  I had originally thought downtown, since our wedding location is very deserty I thought the contrast would be nice.  But the boy suggested Sonoran Desert Museum as a location.  I haven't been able to find any pictures from anyone else's engagement session there, so I can't get a feel for it.  I do also like the photos I've seen out in the middle of fields, etc, but that's hard to find here in the desert.
Where have you guys gotten your pictures done, or thought to have them done?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement Photos Location Ideas

• Options
    jamjar11jamjar11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When we were going to do engagement photos, we were going to do them downtown, since we both had our days that we frequented downtown and our wedding is at Stillwell House, so it would all go together pretty well. We decided not to do an engagement shoot, but we might still do a trash-the-dress shoot downtown after the wedding. 

As far as desert-y places go, You could always just drive out to Picture Rocks or Gates Pass, I'm not sure if the Desert Museum will have a problem with a photo shoot. Or you could always just go to a nice park and pick a great grassy area with some trees. That could be very sweet. Reid park has some cute areas that might work.

I didn't research locations much when we were thinking about doing them, so sorry I don't have many suggestions. 
    April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    asem_22asem_22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did ours at Trail Dust Town on the East Side, it has lots of different western town settings (if you like that sort of thing) and it makes for some great pictures. Some other good places that were suggested to me were reid park, agua caliente park, Mt. Lemmon, and a few other parks. We did a small session out at Gates Pass too for our save the dates. Those have a pretty cool desert setting which is a good way to show people who've never been here what its like.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our engagement shoot at Gates Pass.  It was crazy windy that day, and the only down side was being in between all the mountains made it windier...  They still turned out gorgeous though.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards