Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Best thing/Worst thing

I thought it would be fun to all share the best and worst parts of planning a wedding!

For me, the best part is the attire! I had so much fun picking out my dress with the moms and picking out the BM's dresses with my girls. Luckily, my fiance has good taste too and picked out an awesome tux!

The worst part is, budgeting!!! I'm so awful at it. Thank goodness I have lots of help to keep us on track :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Best thing/Worst thing

• Options
    McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totttaalllly have to agree with that being the worst part!!!  Everything seems to add up so quickly!!!

For the best part I think my favorite part was planning everything with Rob.  I loved putting "us" into everything :)   Other than that I had a ton of fun going dress shopping as well!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    nightkoinightkoi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Best thing was us choosing a destination wedding over a traditional one. Made us really happy and it was very "us"! So we're getting married in the Luxor Pyramid in las vegas!

Worst part....I don't think there is one....but maybe saving up the money for all of it. It means sacrificing the little things. But it'll be worth it on our wedding/honeymoon when we have extra spending money!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Of the whole planning process would be choosing not to have Children at the wedding. The the choice that was easy, the after affect with MIL, that was not so hot. But in the end Totally worth it!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Right now, 18 days before my wedding I have to say that figuring out seating is the WORST...ugh! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ew, yeah seating is/was a pain.  The other worst thing for me right now is getting out catering contract nailed down 3 days before the wedding... that's right 3 days before the wedding.  I feel like this maybe should have been done about a month ago, but that is just my opinion on the topic.

Best thing... picking out rings, picking out dresses, and figuring out flowers!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Best thing:
    The attire. I loved everything about my dress and everything I had on that day. I even had a good time picking out tuxes with H. 

The invitations were also so much fun. Being a graphic designer, I fell madly in love with designing my own and putting them together. Loved all of that!

Worst thing:
    Trying to please several different people in the wedding party. My BMs were all different sizes, so trying to find dresses that appealed to all of them was a struggle. 

Music. I am not musically talented in any way, so this was ridiculously hard to figure out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards