Snarky Brides

Don't take that money, bullied bus lady

13»

Re: Don't take that money, bullied bus lady

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-take-that-money-bullied-bus-lady?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f195a693-5ad7-4bb6-85f5-58ea2b8a3aabPost:6f831c6b-4586-4761-a9a4-f263909d247e">Re: Don't take that money, bullied bus lady</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't take that money, bullied bus lady : and nowadays that would probably be considered emotional abuse. Kids these days suck. Seriously.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

It's not the kids that suck, it's their parents.  If I ever got out of line when I was in school, my mom would have happily let me be disciplined however they saw fit (plus whatever she decided to do when I got home).  But nowadays the parents want to sue schools for any little thing, which has just gotten out of hand.  The end result has been raising little assholes like these kids.... (there are still good kids and good parents, but the few that try to sue are what makes the school's ability to do anything about it so shiiity)
    Anniversary
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-take-that-money-bullied-bus-lady?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f195a693-5ad7-4bb6-85f5-58ea2b8a3aabPost:a07b8914-9125-46e0-8a0a-5d839b856950">Re: Don't take that money, bullied bus lady</a>:
    [QUOTE]If the goal was just to get her a nice vacation, it's not her fault people kept donating and donating to get her way past "nice vacation."  <strong>If I had been interested in helping her and went to the page and saw $500,000 in donations, I honestly would change my mind about the gift</strong>. But that's not on her. That's on those who donated.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

Exactly! I am just not sure why people keep donating. I mean, yes, she was bullied, yes she is old and cute, but damn it has to end sometime! But like you said, it is on them, if they want to keep giving her money for the rest of their lives, that is their prerogative.
  • pkontkpkontk member
    First Comment
    We were back in the area where I grew up recently, and saw her at a post-funeral luncheon.  She's still driving the bus, so either the kids are better behaved than we are, or there are just enough parents still around who had her as a bus driver that they know her ways and tell their kids "If your bus driver yells at you, you deserve it."

At least, I hope that's what they're telling their kids.  I forget what the post was about kids and entitlement, but it is running rampant lately!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-take-that-money-bullied-bus-lady?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f195a693-5ad7-4bb6-85f5-58ea2b8a3aabPost:41204601-ca84-4ce3-8c38-869bd636e8d0">Re: Don't take that money, bullied bus lady</a>:
    [QUOTE]AATB, partners in crime, I like it. Nates, That's exactly what I have in mind. Fun Fact: Dave Chappelle only lives a few minutes away from me.<strong> I see him all the time out and about. 
    </strong>Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

That's awesome.
    imageVacation
  • I could never, ever be a teacher.  I have a hard enough time liking children the way it is.  Having to deal with their entitled asses day in and day out with their parents just parading them around like they're God's gift to my fucking life, fuckthat garbage.  I literally do not think I could control myself.

One thing I have inherited from my psychopath mother (and I say psychopath in the most endearing way possible) is that I simply cannot tolerate bullshit.  And you're going to hear it.  If I caught a kid cheating I'd be on him like a fucking vampire bat and dragging his ass down to the principal's office.  Amen.  The end.

This is why I do journalism.  I can do facts.  I can't do bratty ass kids.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-take-that-money-bullied-bus-lady?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f195a693-5ad7-4bb6-85f5-58ea2b8a3aabPost:41204601-ca84-4ce3-8c38-869bd636e8d0">Re: Don't take that money, bullied bus lady</a>:
    [QUOTE]AATB, partners in crime, I like it. Nates, That's exactly what I have in mind. Fun Fact: Dave Chappelle only lives a few minutes away from me. I see him all the time out and about. 
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]
    Please tell him you'll name your baby after him if he will come back and make awesomeness for us again. Nevermind that it's a girl.
  • I am side-eyeing everyone who's all "SHE DIDN'T DESERVE THAT."

I hope if you ever win the lottery, or find a sh*tload of money in the street or get left an inheritance you donate that right away, because God knows you didn't do a thing to deserve that money.

Haters.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Not to mention?  Dude works at a website that makes its money off of gossip and celebrities.  Glass houses, bro.  Stop acting like you work at a place with a scrap of morals.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• I don't understand why people keep bringing up "entitlement" and "deserving it" and sh*t.  She never said she was entitled to it.  She never said she deserved it.  Hell, the people who started the website said she deserved a vacation, not over half a million dollars. 

Seriously, I think things like that bring out the best in some people, and the worst in others.  Life is not fair, people don't have to be entitled to something to get it, and just because someone is in the right place at the right time doesn't mean that they should refuse to take something so that they can fufill your own misguided sense of what you would do with the money.  If people wanted to donate that money to a cause, they would.   

• Nuggs I love it when you randomly pop in, guns-a-blazin'.
  • Maybe this is just me flying under a rosy popcorn fart, but when this kind of stuff happens it just gives me hope.  Lots of people are bullied, abused, taken advantage of or struggle every single day with no hope.  This lady had something terrible happen to her and the world showed her that not everyone is a cvnt sucking pig - that there are people out there that care about people being treated badly.  I mean, the tune of $600k might seem outragious - but I don't really mind that it is.  It's a measure of how much people cared.  And that's pretty fantastic.  How she handles things from here on out will speak a lot about her and I think we will be pleasantly surprised.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-take-that-money-bullied-bus-lady?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f195a693-5ad7-4bb6-85f5-58ea2b8a3aabPost:73afa347-cb73-475b-962f-a31f59c26154">Re: Don't take that money, bullied bus lady</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nuggs- blame the article. I think it was so widely commented on because the writer kept mentioning how she didn't earn the money or do anything to deserve it. 
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

Like I said, Mister "I Post on a Website One Step Up From TMZ" needs to not act like he's the f*cking Morality Police.  You get your stories from people who spend their lives stalking other people and taking pictures of them in private moments and hacking into emails and crap?  Yeah, you've got the right to question the morality behind taking the equivalent of a gift.  Twatface.

And the article is saying things that people are echoing.  People can say "Oh, she can do whatever she wants with it" but the very fact that they're hung up on if she "deserved" it or was "entitled" to it is just an attempt to cover up the fact that they're jealous as f*ck that someone got something they didn't, and it's not fair, and foot motherf*cking stomp.

I went on a rant about this whole thing over on GBCN but I can't find it and there's too much cussing for me to put it on TK's virgin board.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-take-that-money-bullied-bus-lady?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f195a693-5ad7-4bb6-85f5-58ea2b8a3aabPost:eb075b5e-b77d-4850-86bb-3413ddcdba52">Re: Don't take that money, bullied bus lady</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe this is just me flying under a rosy popcorn fart, but when this kind of stuff happens it just gives me hope.  Lots of people are bullied, abused, taken advantage of or struggle every single day with no hope.  This lady had something terrible happen to her and the world showed her that not everyone is a cvnt sucking pig - that there are people out there that care about people being treated badly.  I mean, the tune of $600k might seem outragious - but I don't really mind that it is.  It's a measure of how much people cared.  And that's pretty fantastic.  <strong>How she handles things from here on out will speak a lot about her and I think we will be pleasantly surprised</strong>.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more with the bolded.
    imageVacation
  • They're just jealous Nuggs.  Hattin' on Karen Klein's good fortunes.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-take-that-money-bullied-bus-lady?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f195a693-5ad7-4bb6-85f5-58ea2b8a3aabPost:0af7a062-f516-4788-b335-e5eef97424a0">Re: Don't take that money, bullied bus lady</a>:
    [QUOTE]They're just jealous Nuggs.  Hattin' on Karen Klein's good fortunes.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

HATTERS BE HATTIN', PEOPLE.

And I found the post.  Take everything I said on there, and put it on here.  Along with some middle fingers and a neck weave.

<a href="http://pandce.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=mm&action=display&thread=22905&page=1" rel="nofollow">http://pandce.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=mm&action=display&thread=22905&page=1</a> 

• Also, reviewing that I need to stop swearing so much.  I've got a filthy damn mouth.

Sh*t, see? 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-take-that-money-bullied-bus-lady?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f195a693-5ad7-4bb6-85f5-58ea2b8a3aabPost:3c07afc4-434d-4039-a19d-ba08ec9a6bdb">Re: Don't take that money, bullied bus lady</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't take that money, bullied bus lady : HATTERS BE HATTIN', PEOPLE. And I found the post.  Take everything I said on there, and put it on here.  Along with some middle fingers and a neck weave. <a href="http://pandce.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=mm&action=display&thread=22905&page=1" rel="nofollow">http://pandce.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=mm&action=display&thread=22905&page=1</a>  
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

I can't believe someone actually said she deserved to be fired. FFS.
    imageVacation
  • Bec20Bec20 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I'm pretty sure I had a bus monitor at some point in elementary school, probably in the late '90s or so.

What I do remember is that the bus drivers and monitors were not allowed to punish people.  They could take down names, but they weren't allowed to kick us off the bus for any reason.  When I was in Grade 7 or so the driver pulled over to the side of the road and wouldn't move until we were all silent for 30 seconds and one time people made her cry and she stepped off for a moment.  Both times there was an assemblyfor everybody on the bus in the school gym the next morning, where we got a stern talking to.  Both times, it was people in my grade.  (Why yes, my grade was a bunch of hellions.  Teachers had a tendency to change schools or retire after us and we were the only grade to not get an end of year trip in Grade 6.  Possibly ever.)

Frankly, I'd much rather see her get this kind of money than a bunch of other people who come into a big amount of money.  It's not like she posted this online or asked for the money, so I can't see how she can be comared to the AW on Jersey Shore.  After watching the video, hearing that so many people were donating money to her I just felt happy that I had a reason to think society wasn't all going to hell in a handbasket.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards