Snarky Brides

There, I said it.

Re: There, I said it.

• Ciaram, if it makes you feel any better, I never feel bad.  :D
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-said?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:499a2986-ec8b-47eb-80da-f7cc644a90edPost:4b163492-52c3-429d-9957-2bcc78e71701">Re: There, I said it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha Nebb I love your attitude! I love me a good silent, unspoken competition.
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

Yep. That's kind of awesome. :)
  • The next person that asks me if I'm "ready" might get punched.  I actually said "Yeah, 'ready' for it to be over," to FFIL today.  Whoops.

I also don't care about the royal wedding, or any of the anything else that goes with it.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • You guys are not helping my baby fever.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-said?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:499a2986-ec8b-47eb-80da-f7cc644a90edPost:5c99927f-75e2-4f23-a079-15da74e5ae87">Re: There, I said it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: There, I said it. : No kidding. <strong> DH keeps telling me that I gotta start working on this </strong>and umm..okay..I wake up early to chart my tempature, take OPKs, ect ect to have this baby.  CHILL . OUT .
    Posted by barbbhoww[/QUOTE]

<div>Wait, what?  Work on it how?  Have your uterus lift little weights?  Wish really hard?</div>
  • Thanks Roxy!

I've also been yelled at by customers in the checkout line because I asked them if they wanted to make a donation. The company I work for does 4 major ones a year Easter Seals in April, Prostate Cancer in June, Muscular Dystrophy Association in August and Breast Cancer in October. But with the economy the way it is people can get defensive about how they spend their money.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-said?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:499a2986-ec8b-47eb-80da-f7cc644a90edPost:5c99927f-75e2-4f23-a079-15da74e5ae87">Re: There, I said it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: There, I said it. : No kidding.  DH keeps telling me that I gotta start working on this and umm..okay..I wake up early to chart my tempature, take OPKs, ect ect to have this baby.  CHILL . OUT .
    Posted by barbbhoww[/QUOTE]

The best was him telling me that i need to go to the DR and "Get that situation checked out" since he got a physical so OBVIOUSLY that means his junk works. Last time I checked, her cupping your nuts while you cough was not an infertility test. Its only been 5 months. Relax jerkoff.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Is it bad that my husband is blissfully ignornant that were "trying" - he has seen my chart and has NO clue what it is, he knows Im taking a temp in the am, but I dont think hes added the two together. He knew I was going off BC, and ive mentioned the baby thing, but I dont think he really realises what were doing haha.
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-said?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:499a2986-ec8b-47eb-80da-f7cc644a90edPost:fd1b4b18-d89a-4d94-ab77-21fb42acc609">Re: There, I said it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]SEWF, your grandpa wants you to be a baby in 9 months?  Like Benjamin Button?  ;) I so get that, Nebb.  That's how it always felt with the dog-abandoner.  She made me vindictive.
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]

<div>HAHA! I didn't read that closely enough before posting!</div><div>
    </div><div>Before we got engaged, it was, "When are you getting married?"</div><div>
    </div><div>Now, it's "When are you having kids?"</div><div>
    </div><div>I just want a year before we start trying. We need to have serious discussions and be financially stable and ready. I'm 26, I have time!</div><div>
    </div><div>Just because my cousin had a kid at a young age, like at 14, doesn't mean I should have to have kids before we're ready!</div><div>
    </div><div>Sorry, this has been a thing with me for a while.</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I am SO tired of hearing the following:

"OMG, you must be so miserable."  Actually, I'm doing OK.  Thanks for noticing.

"Are those babies here, yet?"  I certainly hope not, or else I have A LOT of weight to lose in the next year.

"Twins, huh?"  No, stomach cancer.

"I bet you're ready for them to get here."  Well, yes and no.  At least now, I can still get some sleep.

10+ phone calls a day asking if I've had the babies yet.  No, trust me, Dad/MIL/SIL/random person, when we do, you'll be the first to know.

Of course, I know from reading the multiples board on the bump that the stupid questions won't stop once the babies are born.  Then it will be,

"Are they twins?"
    "Are they identical."
    "How, you've got your hands full."
    "Are they natural?"
    "How come one's bigger than the other."

I really should complile a list of dumb questions I predict I will be asked, and post them here, so you guys can give me an arsenal of snarky replies (I suck at coming up with things off the top of my head.) 

Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'd never yell at someone for asking for a donation but it does make me feel bad.
  • Crap, we're talking about babies now.  I should have read before I posted.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-said?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:499a2986-ec8b-47eb-80da-f7cc644a90edPost:80e16aa9-b40d-4662-99dc-264504e45ce4">Re: There, I said it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Roxy! I've also been yelled at by customers in the checkout line because I asked them if they wanted to make a donation. The company I work for does 4 major ones a year Easter Seals in April, Prostate Cancer in June, Muscular Dystrophy Association in August and Breast Cancer in October. But with the economy the way it is people can get defensive about how they spend their money.
    Posted by Ciaram22[/QUOTE]

I have to ask to donate points to Japan Relief Fund. I hate it. I also have to ask people to apply for a credit card. EVERY single person, doesn't matter if all they're buying is a pack of gum. Apparently it keeps the business alive if people have their credit card. Oh yeah, good job. You were bought out by Target, it clearly works morons. I seriously hope I can go home and work so I can quit this job and stop having people yell at me about how they don't want to get a credit card or donate points.

I'm also peeved they gave me a credit card when I said I didn't want one. Totally wasn't expecting that in the mail. I hate my job.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-said?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:499a2986-ec8b-47eb-80da-f7cc644a90edPost:3df4d5bd-db67-4dad-a18e-7d66a02f0461">Re: There, I said it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am SO tired of hearing the following: "OMG, you must be so miserable."  Actually, I'm doing OK.  Thanks for noticing. "Are those babies here, yet?"  I certainly hope not, or else I have A LOT of weight to lose in the next year. "Twins, huh?"  No, stomach cancer. "I bet you're ready for them to get here."  Well, yes and no.  At least now, I can still get some sleep. 10+ phone calls a day asking if I've had the babies yet.  No, trust me, Dad/MIL/SIL/random person, when we do, you'll be the first to know. Of course, I know from reading the multiples board on the bump that the stupid questions won't stop once the babies are born.  Then it will be, "Are they twins?" "Are they identical." "How, you've got your hands full." "Are they natural?" "How come one's bigger than the other." I really should complile a list of dumb questions I predict I will be asked, and post them here, so you guys can give me an arsenal of snarky replies (I suck at coming up with things off the top of my head.) 
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]
    I can agree with all of this except for the twins part. I have shut my ringer off and only check it occasionally or talk to people that I want to talk to.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-said?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:499a2986-ec8b-47eb-80da-f7cc644a90edPost:dc390a52-9098-49e6-9ee2-00c44b5a313c">Re: There, I said it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: There, I said it. : I can agree with all of this except for the twins part. I have shut my ringer off and only check it occasionally or talk to people that I want to talk to.
    Posted by Ciaram22[/QUOTE]

OMG, Ciara - you must be SOOOOO miserable! 
  • Nebb- I love his ignorance. That's awesome.

Tide- yeaaaa, that would get exhausting.
  • I know we're talking about babies now but I just wanted to add I don't know what Tom's are, haha. The only Toms I know is Tom's of Maine natural products and toothpaste and crap.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-said?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:499a2986-ec8b-47eb-80da-f7cc644a90edPost:f4552fe1-87a3-4308-a07b-93b2ab827a1e">Re: There, I said it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Crap, we're talking about babies now.  I should have read before I posted.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

I thought we were talking about life grievances?  It just happens that a lot of us have baby/fertility/pregnancy issues right now i guess.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I was still thinking about the donations. I gained some weight and some more..great. *saracasm* So, I went to goodwill to buy khaki pants for work because i just bought a new wardrobe last summer and donated my "fat" clothes. I was in line, paying for my fat khakis and the girl says, "Would you like to donate a dollar to (blah blah charity)?" I said, "no, thanks"  Then, she points to my engagement ring and says, "wow, that's a really pretty ring, are you sure?" Uhmmm, I didnt pay for the rock on my finger...I wouldnt be at goodwill buying khakis if I was super flush with cash...hmmmm....
  • Wow roach. That was rude of her!

Speaking of rings, this patient came in with the HUGEST rock, in a halo setting too. It was gorgeous but me and my coworker were just awed by it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-said?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:499a2986-ec8b-47eb-80da-f7cc644a90edPost:fd903d1a-503a-4b15-b9fb-a978f54b1e8e">Re: There, I said it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was still thinking about the donations. I gained some weight and some more..great. *saracasm* So, I went to goodwill to buy khaki pants for work because i just bought a new wardrobe last summer and donated my "fat" clothes. I was in line, paying for my fat khakis and the girl says, "Would you like to donate a dollar to (blah blah charity)?" I said, "no, thanks"  Then, she points to my engagement ring and says, "wow, that's a really pretty ring, are you sure?" Uhmmm, I didnt pay for the rock on my finger...I wouldnt be at goodwill buying khakis if I was super flush with cash...hmmmm....
    Posted by nroach78[/QUOTE]

Wow!  That's the rudest/most judgmental thing I've heard in a long time.

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-said?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:499a2986-ec8b-47eb-80da-f7cc644a90edPost:fd903d1a-503a-4b15-b9fb-a978f54b1e8e">Re: There, I said it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was still thinking about the donations. I gained some weight and some more..great. *saracasm* So, I went to goodwill to buy khaki pants for work because i just bought a new wardrobe last summer and donated my "fat" clothes. I was in line, paying for my fat khakis and the girl says, "Would you like to donate a dollar to (blah blah charity)?" I said, "no, thanks"  <strong>Then, she points to my engagement ring and says, "wow, that's a really pretty ring, are you sure?"</strong> Uhmmm, I didnt pay for the rock on my finger...I wouldnt be at goodwill buying khakis if I was super flush with cash...hmmmm....
    Oh here go hell come! What a biitchy thing to say. WTF is wrong with people.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-said?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:499a2986-ec8b-47eb-80da-f7cc644a90edPost:fd903d1a-503a-4b15-b9fb-a978f54b1e8e">Re: There, I said it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was still thinking about the donations. I gained some weight and some more..great. *saracasm* So, I went to goodwill to buy khaki pants for work because i just bought a new wardrobe last summer and donated my "fat" clothes. I was in line, paying for my fat khakis and the girl says, "Would you like to donate a dollar to (blah blah charity)?" I said, "no, thanks"  Then, she points to my engagement ring and says, "wow, that's a really pretty ring, are you sure?" Uhmmm, I didnt pay for the rock on my finger...I wouldnt be at goodwill buying khakis if I was super flush with cash...hmmmm....

WTF?!  You should have told her, "No, but I'd like to speak to your supervisor."
    I would have smacked that lady.
  • NebbNebb member
    Babies!!

BABIES!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-said?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:499a2986-ec8b-47eb-80da-f7cc644a90edPost:0d8c29c4-3821-4070-bc85-c11781ce6517">Re: There, I said it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: There, I said it. : OMG, Ciara - you must be SOOOOO miserable! 
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

<div>I have no idea if this is sarcasm but it really made me laugh.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-said?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:499a2986-ec8b-47eb-80da-f7cc644a90edPost:3c84c6f0-28dd-4ea1-b51d-580906dfeb52">Re: There, I said it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: There, I said it. : <strong>Oh here go hell come!</strong> What a biitchy thing to say. WTF is wrong with people.
    Posted by K Byte[/QUOTE]

*snort*

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • edited April 2011
    I also couldn't care less about the royal wedding. I don't get people's fascination with Glee. I've tried to watch it and just don't get it. To each their own. I get tired of people asking me 'are you excited?' or 'is your husband excited?' about the baby. It's like what do you think? I also get tired of people saying I'm crazy about wanting to go without an epidural or that I'll wuss out and end up getting one. Thanks for the support people.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just said thanks and grabbed my $5.99 khakis and made a dash for the door.  I was mortified and shocked.
  • NebbNebb member
    Its couldnt guys, you "couldnt" care less. If you "could" care less, then you care atleast a little about the wedding.

That said, I seriously judge canadians who rip on the royal family. I know were a bit of a melting pot, but the monarchy is part of canadian history and heritage and it pisses me off when people hate on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards