North Carolina

BM Dress opinion.

Just for some background...3 BMs and I went to David's to shop for BM dresses. 2 of them really liked one that the 3rd already has (from a wedding she was in a few months ago) in black. My sister tried it on later and she liked it best out of the ones she got to try on.

So, I obviously don't want the one that has it to have to buy the same dress in another color. One of them prefers to wear it in black as well. I have a maid of honor and a matron of honor. We were thinking of them wearing ruby and the BMs wearing black. This way they will stand out a little from the BMs. Would they stand out too much? I think they would wear red shoes that are dyed to match the red dresses. How do you think this would look? The dress is 83312.

Re: BM Dress opinion.

• wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just for some background...3 BMs and I went to David's to shop for BM dresses. 2 of them really liked one that the 3rd already has (from a wedding she was in a few months ago) in black. My sister tried it on later and she liked it best out of the ones she got to try on.

So, I obviously don't want the one that has it to have to buy the same dress in another color. One of them prefers to wear it in black as well. I have a maid of honor and a matron of honor. We were thinking of them wearing ruby and the BMs wearing black. This way they will stand out a little from the BMs. Would they stand out too much? I think they would wear red shoes that are dyed to match the red dresses. How do you think this would look? The dress is 83312.
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    IMO I dont think it would look bad. I would def stay with Ruby over Apple (if you were doing different reds) because Apple is a much brighter red (I've got one for my friends wedding).  Could you do the middle part of the dress a different color??

Cute dresses btw!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I think it would look cute!  My bridemaids are going to do aqua and red dresses.  I think it's pretty normal these days to have bridesmaids in different colors or shades.
  • ktyd8ktyd8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    maybe have the ones wearing the black wear a ruby sash and the ones in ruby wear a black sash.
    ~Kaitlyn~
    Anniversary
    My Chart
    DX PCOS 2002 @ age 14
    DX Diabetes 3/12
    My Diabetes Blog
    TTA until ?
  • edited December 2011
    I second ktyd. I think they would look great together! I would have prefered my MOH to wear a different color but she didn't want to stand from the BM's and is just wearing a different shade.
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they'll look fine together, as is, with the ruby and black.  I wouldn't add a sash to those dresses because of the way the gathering is around the waist. The black and red dresses will look good and you can always unify them with their flowers. What if they all had silver shoes or something, instead of red?
    Although, I do like red shoes, lol. 
  • wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We would definitely do the Ruby. It's much closer to State red than apple. I'm with Meredith about the sashes. I wanted to do that at first but they wouldn't look right with the ruching. Thanks for the opinions ladies! I think we're going to go with the red & black. We're probably ordering this week! FINALLY :-)
  • dancr214dancr214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just wanted to let you know that I bought this dress and I absolutely love it!  You definitely picked a great dress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards